clutch bell

Old 10-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default clutch bell

i'm using all 4 aluminum clutch shoes. inside the clutch bell are those melted aluminum from the shoes. how do you guys remove them? do you sand paper them? or there's a better way?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hmmm I running 4 aluminum KH shoes in mine with black and green springs,I have neverseen melted aluminum left behind from the shoes.I would recomend buying a new clutch bell.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truggy007
i'm using all 4 aluminum clutch shoes. inside the clutch bell are those melted aluminum from the shoes. how do you guys remove them? do you sand paper them? or there's a better way?
It ends up being a lot of work if the clutch bell is packed and grooved with aluminum. This means the shoes are slipping a lot. Like rossoh10 said, might be easier to get a new clutch bell. If it's not too bad sandpaper, dremel (with wire brush), there is some kind of cleaner that works too. But I can't remember what it is or who said they use it. But it's supposed to eat up/soften the aluminum for easier (not easy) removal. I'll look around and see if find something.