R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Theres some fast guys at the track running them. The Jammins are still the bulk.
I would like to get one of the 8ight's but there kinda pricie.


I now have the total price that I need to get my Hyper 7 going and it is around $460, and that is with cutting a few corners, but I refuse to cut corners on the motor/pipe. The thing that is starting to make me wander, is this thing going to be worth puttin gthat much into or am I just better off getting something RTR? Any help?
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #17
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

If racing is the plan, I'd suggest getting a kit from who ever you choose. It seems there are too many good ones to narrow it down to one. I mean..look at the Amain of the 1/8 buggy Nationals. How many manufacturers were in it, like 9, or something like that. Might even be 10 different manufacturers.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #18
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
I would like to get one of the 8ight's but there kinda pricie.


I now have the total price that I need to get my Hyper 7 going and it is around $460, and that is with cutting a few corners, but I refuse to cut corners on the motor/pipe. The thing that is starting to make me wander, is this thing going to be worth puttin gthat much into or am I just better off getting something RTR? Any help?
I wouldn't put that much in it at all. 200.00 tops. All you need is a motor right.?
You can swap pipes and servos and receiver from your truck.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
I wouldn't put that much in it at all. 200.00 tops. All you need is a motor right.?
You can swap pipes and servos and receiver from your truck.


I can yes, but I thought that would be more of a hasle. I'm going to go with the motor the Jason H sugjested, the Go tech 5port for $173, and the JP-1 pipe, unless I can find a good deal on something that is good that I can use for the time being.
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
If racing is the plan, I'd suggest getting a kit from who ever you choose. It seems there are too many good ones to narrow it down to one. I mean..look at the Amain of the 1/8 buggy Nationals. How many manufacturers were in it, like 9, or something like that. Might even be 10 different manufacturers.
Boy you got that right theres really not a whole lot of bads ones. I'm running the Turmoil. It keeps up just fine and our Jammin steers a little better but the Turmoil is just a sturdy.
The Turmoil was 401.00 with a motor from A-MAIN HOBBIES.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

I did find this http://ofna.com/ravager.php $289 on ebay brand new.
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
I now have the total price that I need to get my Hyper 7 going and it is around $460



And that inclued a starter box
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 141
Send a message via ICQ to zardoz Send a message via AIM to zardoz Send a message via MSN to zardoz Send a message via Yahoo to zardoz
Default

I'll put my .02 in for the AE RC8. I switched from a Hyper 7 to it and noticed a dramatic difference.
zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
I did find this http://ofna.com/ravager.php $289 on ebay brand new.
Ummmm... ok, I'm gonna break the rules... that's a POS. I had one. POS radio, POS engine, POS servos, car is loose no matter what you do to it, cheaply made, POS POS POS.

Did I mention it is a POS?

I gave mine away... it was that bad.


Get a decent car from any manufacturer, you'll be much happier (and have more money left over) in the long run.
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #25
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
I'll put my .02 in for the AE RC8. I switched from a Hyper 7 to it and noticed a dramatic difference.
Do you think they went to the big wing to get rid of the steering, or its kicks up in the air.?
That thing is huge.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #26
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Ummmm... ok, I'm gonna break the rules... that's a POS. I had one. POS radio, POS engine, POS servos, car is loose no matter what you do to it, cheaply made, POS POS POS.

Did I mention it is a POS?

I gave mine away... it was that bad.


Get a decent car from any manufacturer, you'll be much happier (and have more money left over) in the long run.
I'm glad you interd your 2 cent's because I was really thinking about getting it. It looks like it has alot of parts that are the same as my Hyper7. I thought that would be good because I would have spare parts.
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #27
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
I'm glad you interd your 2 cent's because I was really thinking about getting it. It looks like it has alot of parts that are the same as my Hyper7. I thought that would be good because I would have spare parts.
Yours is the hyper pro.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Yours is the hyper pro.

Sweet, I didn't know that. It is missing the front sway bar though.

Has any one try'ed this clutch? http://cgi.ebay.com/WERKS-1-8th-Scal...QQcmdZViewItem I heard that it was really good.
__________________
"Follow your dreams, don't make your dreams follow you"
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #29
Tech Champion
 
Briguy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
I would like to get one of the 8ight's but there kinda pricie.


I now have the total price that I need to get my Hyper 7 going and it is around $460, and that is with cutting a few corners, but I refuse to cut corners on the motor/pipe. The thing that is starting to make me wander, is this thing going to be worth puttin gthat much into or am I just better off getting something RTR? Any help?
You can get the 8ight ata pretty descent price . Bmain has them at $495 .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #30
Tech Master
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Its all about a Couple things

I dont think there is one good buggy. Its all about YOU

My List

1. Whats Popular at your Local Race Track. There will always be Parts, and Good Set Ups

2. What is Stocked at your Hobbie Shop of Choice? Whatever it is will be your best bet for the Buggy

3. Do you have there Truggy? If so, Get the buggy. PARTS

4. Looks in your Eyes. If you think its ugly, it wont be too good for you. If it can stay on Pace, its great. Plus its all about the driver.

5. As I Stated. Its all about the Driver!
__________________
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRC World Scale Cars - (Thunder/Baja King) Tim@MRC Electric Off-Road 95 10-06-2015 09:28 AM
FS: Used 1/8 scale Kyosho Evolva World Champion Edition WogBoy Australia For Sale/Trade 0 12-20-2007 01:05 PM
looking for MRC THUNDER KING world scale MADMAN23 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 15 09-09-2007 08:55 AM
2007 IFMAR 5th Scale World Championships tjk Australian Racing 8 08-29-2007 07:07 AM
2007 IFMAR 1/5th Scale World Championship quozl Oval, Larger Scales and More 0 04-17-2006 10:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net