Community
Wiki Posts
Search

clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default clutch problems

hey guys, i have a himoto car (i know... junk, im getting a mugen mbx5 in 1 week). and i just got a new clutch.

i think i need something else though... the cluth just spins freely on its bearings, when the flywheel spins the clutch doesnt move, do i need clutch shoes too or something??
Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

can someone please help
Old 10-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default clutch

Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5
hey guys, i have a himoto car (i know... junk, im getting a mugen mbx5 in 1 week). and i just got a new clutch.

i think i need something else though... the cluth just spins freely on its bearings, when the flywheel spins the clutch doesnt move, do i need clutch shoes too or something??

Ok, just a little detail: when the motor is just at idle, only the fly wheel is supposed to spin. When you eccelerate, the clutch starts engageing and both the fly wheel and clutch bell should move as one piece.

If when you accelerate, the clutch bell still doesn't move, it means the clutch isn't engageing, meaning the springs are so hard the keep the shoes from extending, or the shoes are too worn out and just donīt reach the clutch bell. Try with new shoes, and let us know if it works...
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen MBX-5

did you install the clutch in the correct direction?
the clutch has to open anti clockwise
Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Ok, just a little detail: when the motor is just at idle, only the fly wheel is supposed to spin. When you eccelerate, the clutch starts engageing and both the fly wheel and clutch bell should move as one piece.

If when you accelerate, the clutch bell still doesn't move, it means the clutch isn't engageing, meaning the springs are so hard the keep the shoes from extending, or the shoes are too worn out and just donīt reach the clutch bell. Try with new shoes, and let us know if it works...
lol, k guys i got it figured out, my little bro explained it to me..... i need clutch shoes inside!!! i know, im a noob.

i was driving it around one day and my clutch literally broke into 50 small pieces.... i didnt see any shoes or springs laying around, so i assumed i only needed a clutch.

ill rder the shoes and springs and it should work fine. thanks for the help guys
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Hmmmmm...you've got a point there mate. usually clutch shoes help for sure!! Ahem!!

I remember in one of my first races, after the qualifiers, my car just refused to start. No body could figure it out...'till I realised the fuel tank needed flling!!! hehehehehe