R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
the heavier buggy's are close to 8lbs and the lighter ones are a lil over 7lbs...
Cool ill have to check and see out mine weighs thankx
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltanner View Post
Cool ill have to check and see out mine weighs thankx
With the way yours turnes it must way a Ton
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACING MASON View Post
With the way yours turnes it must way a Ton
No it don't weigh a ton just need to up grade servo turns wide to let people room to pass
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

Ok guys I need some help with my 8ight, I can dial rear traction in for days but no matter what I do the car still seems to push on and off power, what diff setup could I run to get rid of that? Oh btw my diffs are 3-5-1 as of right now.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1

I run 5 5 3 and dial out traction on my chassis. With this oil setup the chassis feels about right when it is all in the middle settings.
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Ok guys I need some help with my 8ight, I can dial rear traction in for days but no matter what I do the car still seems to push on and off power, what diff setup could I run to get rid of that? Oh btw my diffs are 3-5-1 as of right now.
A Losi that pushes? Better stay away from the Mugens then, if you think the Losi pushes. I run 5-5-3 in my Mugen... and a MUCH lighter front swaybar (1.9mm that we made) instead of stock. It plants the front and takes most of the push out of it. I still had a problem with on-power pushing, so I'm messing with caster settings now. I ran it with NO front bar and it was great, but made it a little unstable over rough stuff... so when I went to the light bar I also moved the bar ends IN on the back to stiffen it. It's hard to make a Mugen rotate!

Going to 7 in the center would make the car more aggressive. 7 in the front would slow the turn-in down a bit. Lighter in the rear makes the car rotate better, heavier keeps the rear more planted. Lighter in the front makes the car turn in better, but going too light gives up a lot of traction under acceleration. Some of the Xray guys locally were running 5-5-10!!! (on the old car) because the rear end was so loose.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
A Losi that pushes? Better stay away from the Mugens then, if you think the Losi pushes. I run 5-5-3 in my Mugen... and a MUCH lighter front swaybar (1.9mm that we made) instead of stock. It plants the front and takes most of the push out of it. I still had a problem with on-power pushing, so I'm messing with caster settings now. I ran it with NO front bar and it was great, but made it a little unstable over rough stuff... so when I went to the light bar I also moved the bar ends IN on the back to stiffen it. It's hard to make a Mugen rotate!

Going to 7 in the center would make the car more aggressive. 7 in the front would slow the turn-in down a bit. Lighter in the rear makes the car rotate better, heavier keeps the rear more planted. Lighter in the front makes the car turn in better, but going too light gives up a lot of traction under acceleration. Some of the Xray guys locally were running 5-5-10!!! (on the old car) because the rear end was so loose.

I always thought that going lower in the rear would make the rear more planted and help with the tail end kick out???

I just went from 3k to 1k in the rear of my rc8 that thing just kicks the rear out so bad it is tricky to drive.... Would going to 7 k in the rear help????? and all i have is ofna brand if that is ok???

Thanks all
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

well buller????
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Default diff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiliter03 View Post
Does any body know a good set-up for diff.oil weight to use on a track that isnt bumpy but not straight blue groove, its packed with top soil, im racing at THE DIRT on the 21st and just wanted to try something new.Im running a MUGEN PROSPEC WITH A P-5 MOD.Its WICKED!!!!!!!!!
I'm running 5-7-2 on a similar track with my X1 CR, but of course each car is different.....
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
hey BLACK,

first of all try 5-5-3 or 5-7-3 for diff oils also try changing the droop settings try 94-95mm front and 106-108 rear

running less droop on the front helps keep the weight forward for on power steering and increasing rear droop will help transfer the weight to the front for off power steering

you could also try moving the wheelbase forward if you haven't already, heavier rear sway bar, brake bias more to the rear, heavier rear dampening

just remember 1 change at a time

hope this helps
Adrian
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote