R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
rltanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City,AZ
Posts: 2,681
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson View Post
the heavier buggy's are close to 8lbs and the lighter ones are a lil over 7lbs...
Cool ill have to check and see out mine weighs thankx
__________________
Mugen MBX6
Mugen MBX6 Truggy
rltanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
RACING MASON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City Az
Posts: 1,395
Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltanner View Post
Cool ill have to check and see out mine weighs thankx
With the way yours turnes it must way a Ton
__________________
R.C. SYNDICATE RACING
Lake Havasu City AZ
Slash
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
rltanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City,AZ
Posts: 2,681
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACING MASON View Post
With the way yours turnes it must way a Ton
No it don't weigh a ton just need to up grade servo turns wide to let people room to pass
__________________
Mugen MBX6
Mugen MBX6 Truggy
rltanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black
Default

Ok guys I need some help with my 8ight, I can dial rear traction in for days but no matter what I do the car still seems to push on and off power, what diff setup could I run to get rid of that? Oh btw my diffs are 3-5-1 as of right now.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
tex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Default

I run 5 5 3 and dial out traction on my chassis. With this oil setup the chassis feels about right when it is all in the middle settings.
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
DOMIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Posts: 4,034
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Ok guys I need some help with my 8ight, I can dial rear traction in for days but no matter what I do the car still seems to push on and off power, what diff setup could I run to get rid of that? Oh btw my diffs are 3-5-1 as of right now.
A Losi that pushes? Better stay away from the Mugens then, if you think the Losi pushes. I run 5-5-3 in my Mugen... and a MUCH lighter front swaybar (1.9mm that we made) instead of stock. It plants the front and takes most of the push out of it. I still had a problem with on-power pushing, so I'm messing with caster settings now. I ran it with NO front bar and it was great, but made it a little unstable over rough stuff... so when I went to the light bar I also moved the bar ends IN on the back to stiffen it. It's hard to make a Mugen rotate!

Going to 7 in the center would make the car more aggressive. 7 in the front would slow the turn-in down a bit. Lighter in the rear makes the car rotate better, heavier keeps the rear more planted. Lighter in the front makes the car turn in better, but going too light gives up a lot of traction under acceleration. Some of the Xray guys locally were running 5-5-10!!! (on the old car) because the rear end was so loose.
__________________
Brad "DOMIT" Smith - I'm not fast, but at least I wreck a lot.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
Tech Master
 
chris c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: So Cal Westminster
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
A Losi that pushes? Better stay away from the Mugens then, if you think the Losi pushes. I run 5-5-3 in my Mugen... and a MUCH lighter front swaybar (1.9mm that we made) instead of stock. It plants the front and takes most of the push out of it. I still had a problem with on-power pushing, so I'm messing with caster settings now. I ran it with NO front bar and it was great, but made it a little unstable over rough stuff... so when I went to the light bar I also moved the bar ends IN on the back to stiffen it. It's hard to make a Mugen rotate!

Going to 7 in the center would make the car more aggressive. 7 in the front would slow the turn-in down a bit. Lighter in the rear makes the car rotate better, heavier keeps the rear more planted. Lighter in the front makes the car turn in better, but going too light gives up a lot of traction under acceleration. Some of the Xray guys locally were running 5-5-10!!! (on the old car) because the rear end was so loose.


I always thought that going lower in the rear would make the rear more planted and help with the tail end kick out???

I just went from 3k to 1k in the rear of my rc8 that thing just kicks the rear out so bad it is tricky to drive.... Would going to 7 k in the rear help????? and all i have is ofna brand if that is ok???

Thanks all
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #23
Tech Master
 
chris c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: So Cal Westminster
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

well buller????
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #24
Tech Adept
 
DR ZAIRUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Valencia (Spain)
Posts: 201
Default diff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiliter03 View Post
Does any body know a good set-up for diff.oil weight to use on a track that isnt bumpy but not straight blue groove, its packed with top soil, im racing at THE DIRT on the 21st and just wanted to try something new.Im running a MUGEN PROSPEC WITH A P-5 MOD.Its WICKED!!!!!!!!!
I'm running 5-7-2 on a similar track with my X1 CR, but of course each car is different.....
__________________
Hong Nor/Jammin' X2
Picco P7 Evo3+JP3
Futaba+KO Propo.
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #25
Tech Addict
 
RETRO RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Ok guys I need some help with my 8ight, I can dial rear traction in for days but no matter what I do the car still seems to push on and off power, what diff setup could I run to get rid of that? Oh btw my diffs are 3-5-1 as of right now.
hey BLACK,

first of all try 5-5-3 or 5-7-3 for diff oils also try changing the droop settings try 94-95mm front and 106-108 rear

running less droop on the front helps keep the weight forward for on power steering and increasing rear droop will help transfer the weight to the front for off power steering

you could also try moving the wheelbase forward if you haven't already, heavier rear sway bar, brake bias more to the rear, heavier rear dampening

just remember 1 change at a time

hope this helps
Adrian
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
losi xxxt ball diff change to a 1/10 desert truck diff newbie2 Electric Off-Road 49 12-13-2010 07:49 PM
NTC3 Complete ATD Diff, diff nut, pivot ball socket caps Judge Joe Brown R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-09-2008 09:18 PM
[B]Fioroni Center Diff And Front Diff And Ofna Torsion Diff For Hyper 7[/B] Imdadundada7 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 08-07-2006 10:11 PM
front lock diff vs gear diff rhed Nitro On-Road 4 11-29-2005 01:20 PM
XRAY T1FK04, XRC 4.0mm Chassis, One-Way, Diff, Hudy Spring Steel Diff, and MORE! BobbyDoyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 08-18-2005 03:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net