R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to DirtRacer
Default ModelEngines 1/8th&1/10th starter Box HELP

ive just been trying out the starter box and have not had much luck in grabing the flywheel perfectly, ive tried checking weather the engine is sitting to high, or if the buggy is sitting the wrong way as well as the position of the starter wheel and the whole its sitting in,should the flywheel be sitting in the middle of the space of the chassie or a bit further back??
so far the starter box wheel has been from observation touching just after where the flywheel is,, my flywheel is currently sitting further back from the middle and the starter wheel just goes past and instead touching the chassie, has anyone used this starter box?? these guys being the maker of the GV rex-x ....

im currently useing 2x 3000mah batteries and useing a cable based charger , charging them for about 30min , considering that it takes 15min for 1800s ro charge.
www.myspace.com/renegadebearingsdist46
DirtRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Default box

The flywheel should be aprox in the middle of the chasis slot, so the starter wheel can grab it. You need to re-adjust the car's motor mounts, but make sure that doesn't cause trouble with the clutch bell alingning with the transmision gear.

If this were the case, you could try cutting (dremeling) the chasis slot wider, towards the side where the flywheel is. It sounds terrible, but won't hurt....
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS View Post
The flywheel should be aprox in the middle of the chasis slot, so the starter wheel can grab it. You need to re-adjust the car's motor mounts, but make sure that doesn't cause trouble with the clutch bell alingning with the transmision gear.

If this were the case, you could try cutting (dremeling) the chasis slot wider, towards the side where the flywheel is. It sounds terrible, but won't hurt....
+1
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got the Ofna crome top starter box and my problem i've been having is the plastic is melting on the thing that pushes down to start the motor it is melting and im not getting contact good enough to turn the car over but Ofna sent me another one so far I have'nt had a problem yet I need to make the flywheel hole in the chassie alittle bigger because the wheel on the starter box touchs and rubes on it
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had this issue and it was all alignment. Take the motor out so you can see the starter wheel through the chassis. Then you can set your pegs so they are perfect and the wheel rises dead on in the center. Also, from this angle, you will be able to see if it is actually hitting the chassis once it is centered up. After that decide if you need to shave the chassis a bit.
jumpjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote