R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up

True that! I have not seen a Kcar that is competitive at our track in almost a year. Down here it is nothing but Losi, Xray, Jammin and the new RC8s. They are comming out of the wood work.
I have to say the RC8 does look impressive. It looks fast as hell but the guys are having a hard time keeping them running. Same issues and the factory is addressing them.
I'm sticking to my 8ight for now. I do not know where you guys are getting these wear issues from. Joe beats the hell out of his car week after week. It never breaks and mine hardly ever issues DNFs. If it does it is usually my fault.
Yes, you should stiffen the car up to eliminate chassis flex. However, I do that to all cars. If you case one jump the wrong way you will blow clutch bearings on any car. That is why soo many of them have gone to stiffer designs and different chassis braces. Jammin Z brace, Hyper's center diff mount brace and Xrays extended rear brace to name a few.
I run the KH engine mounts that are extended on my car. It seems to pay in spades on both my truck and buggy.
This is a good thread.
Let's keep it rolling.
TEX
<-----Not done yet!
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl_unc86 View Post
The hyper 8.5 is a good buggy i would think, but where i am from i cannot think of one person that drives them and no one carries parts for them. I have the big bores on my Jammin (16mm). I have driven a lot of cars and have come to the conclusion that most of them are good cars. I am just trying to find a balance between handling, parts and durability. I have finished in all my mains just about the same with every car and a different car isnt going to make you go from last to first place. Things that stand out in my mind when buying a buggy now is how much work will i have to do on it after a race? Does it hold up during a race or just slightly make it before falling apart? For example, over all i have been the fastest with my Losi, but out of all the buggies it held up the worst. The front drive shaft wears super fast because of the angle it sits at, the rod ends need to be replaced after every race, clutch bearings usually last one race day if that etc. So i would constantly have to replace those parts to keep it driving like i wanted it to. Anyway those are the things that set buggy's apart for me.
I do not know what you were doing with your losi but the only parts I replaced in my losi in the last 5 gallons is one front driveshaft, set of clutch bearings, a clutchbell, clutch shoes, and rear one set of rear hub. I replaced the clutch bearings after 3 gallons of fuel just for good measure. The clutchbell had a few teeth breakoff after racing at the state race in Jackson, MS. I would say that is a pretty good track record to me.
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote