R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #31
Tech Regular

No one has mentioned the Hyper 8.5 or the Jammin X1CR.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #32
Tech Addict

He has a Jammin buggy that he is switching out of to something new...
Warhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

Ok I got another question comparing the RC8 and the 8ight. If they were set up with the exact same equipment engine, pipe. and the same gearing which one would out accelarate the other one? Also what is the Internal gear ratio of the 8ight? I've heard the rc8's is like 4:3:1 or something like that. Just wanna see what the 8ights is so i can compare the two.
atown117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The answer? Whichever driver is better able to manage the acceleration without getting excess wheel spin

Honestly, I think that the only way to know for sure is to have a 1/8 nitro buggy shootout: all the top cars with identical engines, servos, tires & fuel. Run a couple dozen laps with each and see which car gets the best or most consistent lap times.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk 1 View Post
He has a Jammin buggy that he is switching out of to something new...
I missed that one. But IMO the Hyper 8.5 is a much better buggy than the Jammin. Again, just my $0.02.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #36
Tech Addict

In one of the RC mags they had an 1/8th buggy shootout a short time ago. I don't remember the results or which buggies were in it. I think the Losi, Kyosho, Mugen and Jammin were all in it. I believe the Mugen won... RC Car action I think. I'd like them to do it again with the Xray and RC8 included with the others.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

Yeah I read that test it was in rc car magazine I believe. That was a good test. I would also like to see them do another one but this time with all the buggies. The Losi , Associated , Kyosho, Mugen, Jammin, Hyper 8.5, and any others I may have missed. Oh by the way just to keep you guys up to date on what buggy I have chosen Im going with the Associated RC8. Because it still turns really well but is also really stable. And easy to drive from what I hear. I know it has some problems but ill fix those issues it has. But I'm sure I'll be happy with the new buggy.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 AM   #38
Tech Addict

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the choice you 've made.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:28 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)

you will be extremely happy. I have been running the hell out of mine for the past 2 weeks and the only issue I have had is a slight leak in one of my shocks. Can't beat that.
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy

Losi 8ight I just ordered my 3rd one..got the race roller this time to save me on build time. Still have the other 2 and my 8T. The AE buggy looks really good, seen it once at my local track, but it's like any new buggy just coming out, it's going to have some kind of issue. My choice would be the 8ight 1. easy to work on.2 you can get parts almost everywhere 3. It's fast!!! i use to be a c-main racer and since the switch to losi, i am in the amain every weekend.
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #41
Tech Initiate

Alright I should be able to order it by friday. That's when I get paid. I'm thinking of running the O.S. Vspec in it. Is that a good match with this
buggy? or should I think of kicking down the extra money for the O.S. Speed V-spec or maybe something different from that?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)

check out Go Tech's motors. They are extremely affordable and I have heard nothing but good about them. They get dissed occasionaly by the $500 engine fanboys out there but hey, that happens with any product. The prices listed on their website are a little higher than what you can actually buy them for...check out Amain, they have all their engines for sale for the low low. I'm getting a 7 port real soon.
http://www.racefactorindustries.com/catalog/c1_p1.html
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteen View Post
check out Go Tech's motors. They are extremely affordable and I have heard nothing but good about them. They get dissed occasionaly by the $500 engine fanboys out there but hey, that happens with any product. The prices listed on their website are a little higher than what you can actually buy them for...check out Amain, they have all their engines for sale for the low low. I'm getting a 7 port real soon.
http://www.racefactorindustries.com/catalog/c1_p1.html
thanks i'll be sure to check those out before I make a decision.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

fastest engine down a straight might not be the best. you might like the idea on the straights but that is where you make up the least amount of time. faster you go the more you eventually have to slow down. you want smooth consistant power. everytime you go side ways and spin the tires = more time lost that what you will probably gain down a straight unless its a huge open track and a not so challenging infield.....
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Losi 8ight is a great buggy and i currently dropped it for the Jammin. Main reason is because the Losi wear out very fast and the driving of the car changes quite a bit as things start to wear out. Then when you replace the parts it drives totally different again until the parts wear out all over again. I felt that the losi isnt very consistent and for whoever asked why you blow clutch bearings, it is because of the chassis flex. When that chassis flexes it puts pressures to the clutch bearings which causes them to wear even faster.

I had an RC8 and personally i couldn't stant it. It looked like a bigger version of a 10th scale truck. I think its dumb that you have to put over 100.00 of upgrades just to make it not break. I could understand if you just wanted the upgrades, but its kinda silly having to do it just to finish a race. All the shocks on mine leaked after about 10 tanks and one of the shocks was actually missing pieces from the factory. Dont get me wrong it was fast..but if you cant finish a race what good is it?

I have never driven the Xray and have no comment on that car.

I would keep your Jammin..its a great car and super strong and i was faster with it than i was my LOSI. I have had Mugen, Losi, RC8, and the Jammin now and between those the Mugen and Jammin are hands down the best in my opinion.
pl_unc86 is offline   Reply With Quote