R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

8ight- only a couple adjustments ( which is nice), parts everywhere, servo issues, gets sloppy quick, everyone has/had one. I found it to be extremely twitchy on the track.

rc8- parts supply should be good, given their history with other cars ( tc4 the exception) this chassis should stay around for at least 3 years ( A +++ in my book). Like any other new car, it'll have it's bugs. It looks like it'll turn on a dime.

xb8ec - more adjustments than any other car, parts can be a little pricey, quality is top notch.

It's nice to buy a car and not have to buy a ton of aftermarket upgrades in order to run it.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

So from what I have learned i'm thinking the RC8 fits my driving style better. Plus I am willing to replace some of the stuff on it with aftermarket stuff to make it better that doesn't really bother me to much. Especially since it's a new car.

With the 8ight I would be alot more incosistent because of it's aggresive nature.

The X-Ray seems like a good possibility though to. Especially with their database of information over on their forums. But it does have alot of adjustments which could be good and be bad to though.

Hmmm this is a toughy.
atown117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown117 View Post
With the 8ight I would be alot more incosistent because of it's aggresive nature.

because of it's aggresive nature ???

Humm, I'd say you have to drive it. It dosen't take kindly to a gorillia @ the wheel.

If you've a little finesse i believe it's can be the fastest buggy out there.

I find it more responsive and easier to drive than the 5R i had previously. Mind you i came for a 10th touring car back ground and am told by other drivers thats alot of the reason i get on with the losi so well .....

Rod

Last edited by Merciless; 10-13-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Go with Cen!! Good price , great support and a great ride to boot!
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

none of those go with a mugen...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i do have a losi buggy and love it , but if the jammin buggy is anything like their truggy i would get that , i personally am thinking of trading my losi for a jammin fte buggy,!!! ive had my truggy for like 3 years and have only broke 1 front lower arm!! let me tell you these things are invincible!! they just keep taking a beating and dont stop goin!!!!waiting for the new crt x2 or new jammin buggy!!!
hyperrex8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

The best buggy in my mind is the OCM EVO it turns better than the mugan and the xray and it simply rips when you lay the power down. They do not have alot of chassis flex and the parts last a long time. They are also cheap to get on sites like A Main Hobbies just to name one. They have an amazing customer support staff aswell. So this buggy is fast, doesnt break, cheap and has one of the best customer supports on the market, why not try one.
CHogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Well now my choices are down do the RC8 and the 8ight.. I think my driving style wasn't as bad as I thought so I think it could work well with both the 8ight and the rc8... With so many good buggies out there nowadays they make these kind of choices sooo hard. Why couldnt they just make an
RC8ight??
atown117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi atown.

If anything, I feel that you would likely benefit from actually trying out each of those 2 buggies. This way, you could better evaluate which one best suits your driving style. I think that the RC8 will eventually be a top contender, but as some have suggested on other forums, I think that it would be wiser to wait until Associated get their act together and attempt to address some of the shortcomings of the current incarnation.

While I have an 8ight myself and am very pleased with the car, I will also admit that it is not suited to those with aggressive driving tendancies. The fact that I came from an electric 4WD buggy background probably helped acclamate me to the 8ight's more unique performance characteristics. Either way, nothing I say is a good substitute for a good hands-on test on your behalf; that's the only way you'll know for sure which car works best for you.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

AE has some top notch stuff and usually is on top of their game. but then again it just came out so there could be a few issues they still need to line out. If it were me it would be a hard decision betweent he RCB and the Xray. Id prolly go Xray though.
German Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (98%+)

rc8ight

I would say that you definitely should drive both of them before purchasing. From everything that I have read/experienced, they are both totally unique buggies in the way that they carry themselves around the track.

I upgraded from an Ofna LX to an RC8 and it took me a few days to get totally adjusted to the extreme handling of the RC8. Also, I realized yesterday that it is 100% true that the RC8 LOVES to be driven hard.
salteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #27
Tech Addict

I'll be getting the X-ray myself.
Warhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=atown117;3762019]So from what I have learned i'm thinking the RC8 fits my driving style better. Plus I am willing to replace some of the stuff on it with aftermarket stuff to make it better that doesn't really bother me to much. Especially since it's a new car.

QUOTE]

This seems somewhat reversed. The RC8 is more aggressive than the 8ight.
jumpjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #29
Tech Master

This is a tough call now days. I currently have a Mugen MBX5 Pro-spec, an Losi 8ight & an RC8 (new but just over a gallon on it). These are all really good buggies. I've driven a couple of X-rays and there is no doubt about their high quality either. It's too early to say how rugged the RC8 is but so far mine is fine. I'm fast with the Losi but I feel both the MBX5R & the RC8 handle blown out tracks better. I've got to sell 2 of them & I think I'm keeping the RC8 even though I have lots of parts for the others.
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jumpjunkie;3768306]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atown117 View Post
So from what I have learned i'm thinking the RC8 fits my driving style better. Plus I am willing to replace some of the stuff on it with aftermarket stuff to make it better that doesn't really bother me to much. Especially since it's a new car.

QUOTE]

This seems somewhat reversed. The RC8 is more aggressive than the 8ight.
Yes, they are both aggressive but the RC8 is more consistent than the losi 8.
free2day77 is offline   Reply With Quote