R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

I just dont like the fugly blue color in that picture! Other then that my car never really gets dirty enough IMO to need said diaper bag.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

My brother has a bag that his wife made, looks a bit like this Losi bag.

He puts his 1/8 buggy, stater box, fuel bottle and the other small bits in as needed.

He states it an easy grab and go, with little if any dirt in his car. Much better than the "cardboard" based bags!!

The "Diaper" tag is what me!!!!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Looks like a nice product to me, but good god what an awful name! I really don't think I want to put my $1500 buggy into a diaper, its just wrong. Plus the colour is ugly, hahaha. If it said Xray or HUDY and was dark blue I think I'd get one, ahahaha.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
Tech Adept

You all are crying about something that makes someone else life easier. If you dont like it dont buy it. Im getting one, good enough for the drake its good enough for me. Am I being a follower because of the drake thing? Yeah a little. It beats being a follower in the way 90% of racers dress at the track, black shoes with black socks and starter kit tattoos on legs. I'll gladly clean my truck inside the adam drake approved crap bag wearing my $200 paper denim jeans laughing at all you wanabe MX freestylers
Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

It should be called the Losi Buggy Colostomy Bag... much cooler sounding than "diaper"...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

What is Losi calling their cars?
RKwaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NJA82

Everyone bags out Losi for all the RTR stuff etc. they release and keep on saying there racing section is dead but i agree with Nay02K on this one 100% its all BS.

Hasnt anyone taken Notice of Tamiya at all? they never made race cars until just recently they have had a race worthy on road cars for a fair few years but only a very small race program compared to Losi and AE but EVERYONE knows who Tamiya are dont they? Name one R/C person that doesnt know who Tamiya is? Im sure most peoples first car was a Tamiya, i know mine and all my freinds cars all were, they market well and can still build a car that is going to be a future world champ IMO.

Lay off Losi, this Forum is so full of crap like this that people arent even noticing all the RTR and bogus crap that AE are releasing as well lately but Guess what... Who innovated the stuff once again.. oh thats right it was Losi but its not ok for them to do it, but AE can and not get hardly a single comment made, i really cant understand it, just because they have a winning team atm they are allowed to do whatever and stay clear of slander...
NJA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Default diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKwaad View Post
What is Losi calling their cars?
ouchhh!! that hurt....losi!! hahahahaha I change my kid's diapers often and there's no 1/8 piece of RC in them!!!

I usually clean off most the dust/dirt at the track. good ol' compressed air!! If necessary or air not available I spray the car with methanol (electronics and wheels removed) and use a small brush...the whole deal takes about 5 minutes while I comment the events with buddies.

After that, it's just strap the thing atop the tool box and wheel it away to the parking lot and into the trunck it goes...where's the big mess?

Oh!! I'm sure somebody'll buy it!! That's what all this Losi/Horizon BS is about: MO' MONEY!! By the way: here in Europe, Losi has signed Yannick Aigoin as a team driver. Ring a bell?? Still, i don't like the comercial turn Losi has taken. Somebody must be making big bucks, but even Gil changed teams!!!!
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like to carry mine by the wing its much cooler then that dumb blue baggie thing
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #25
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

So Losi isn`t allowed to make more money ? Losi is just supposed to dedicated to the racing side of this hobby and ignore everyone else ? It`s a freaking business and guess what , making money is what business` do . The diaper would be nice if it was a better color and different name .

"Somebody must be making big bucks," "That's what all this Losi/Horizon BS is about: MO' MONEY!!"

If they don`t somebody else will . What`s wrong with making money ? I`m sure if you developed a product you would be selling the crap out of it and you would be the one with big bucks . So is it wrong if you were all about "Mo` Money" ?

There are many other companies that cater to the racing side that also make RTRs and cars/trucks for bashers and yet all you people do is bash on Losi . Good companies grow and to grow they have to widen their horizons and reach out to other people in this hobby . Maybe you people bashing Losi should open your minds up a bit . Just because someone makes something you do not like doesn`t mean you have to rush out and buy it , or look at it for that matter .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
So Losi isn`t allowed to make more money ? Losi is just supposed to dedicated to the racing side of this hobby and ignore everyone else ? It`s a freaking business and guess what , making money is what business` do . The diaper would be nice if it was a better color and different name .

"Somebody must be making big bucks," "That's what all this Losi/Horizon BS is about: MO' MONEY!!"

If they don`t somebody else will . What`s wrong with making money ? I`m sure if you developed a product you would be selling the crap out of it and you would be the one with big bucks . So is it wrong if you were all about "Mo` Money" ?

There are many other companies that cater to the racing side that also make RTRs and cars/trucks for bashers and yet all you people do is bash on Losi . Good companies grow and to grow they have to widen their horizons and reach out to other people in this hobby . Maybe you people bashing Losi should open your minds up a bit . Just because someone makes something you do not like doesn`t mean you have to rush out and buy it , or look at it for that matter .
......it's OVERPRICED Chinese Crap made in a sweatshop with .50 worth of material and .50 worth of labor...... almost as bad as the overpriced work stand Trinity put out......http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRVL3&P=7 40.00 for nothing...what does this thing cost to make 1.00......
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #27
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=LOSA99007 .............for your car or if bathroom facilities are inadequate at the track......are plastic totes not allowed at the track anymore?..........Losi must be in trouble..............
thunder tiger had something similar (but better in my opinion) years ago.
hated1racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:17 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Unhappy mo money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
So Losi isn`t allowed to make more money ? Losi is just supposed to dedicated to the racing side of this hobby and ignore everyone else ? It`s a freaking business and guess what , making money is what business` do ."Somebody must be making big bucks," "That's what all this Losi/Horizon BS is about: MO' MONEY!!", etc, etc....
This isn't the subject of this topic, sorry I brought it up....just for your traquility, I'll only say you are absolutelly right, and then maybe not....It's Horizon making the money, at the cost of smashing Losi.

Horizon can do whatever they want with Losi: they own the company now that all the original Losis are gone, especially Gil (is mama Losi stil hanging in there??). Of course it's OK to make more money. Don't all companies and don't we all wish and stive for it??

It's more a moral issue: while others have been making all kinds of products all along, Losi was sort of a family thing based on racing (like the Fittipaldis, Unsers, etc). But now the big fish swallows the small one and changes it arround. Why does Horizon use Losi's brand name to make bashers? Don't they have a brand of their own??

Die-hard Losi racers feel cheated, starting with Gil Losi Jr, who is now working for Kyosho (gasp!), who a part from making all kinds of products (including bashers) "has the racing passion Losi has had squeezed out of it".

It's like BMW and Porsche, making small cars or SUV's to get to a larger crowd: it's their right to do so and earn millions more each year, but they've lost part of their aureola of being "special" or "select" cars (almost "racing cars"). Imagine a Ferrari commercial van or a Lamborgini SUV?? Same principle.
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
Old 10-13-2007, 07:18 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This has evolved into a very interesting topic....

With regard to that "diaper", yeah, I'd buy one. Seems like a good idea to me regardless of who makes it. When my truggy/buggy or whatever is dirty, it'll keep my real car cleaner....

With regard to Losi/Horizon. I've been into RC since the late 70s, been to the Ranch Pit Shop, bought the RPS Dogfighter when it came out and bought many of the Losi designed cars...

I think if you talked to Pops and Jr. back in the day, I think their vision would have been to see the Losi name being one of the premier and most recognized names in the RC Hobby.

I think with Jr. leaving Horizon/Team Losi, kinda speaks to what some of the people are pointing out here. Also read the interview with him in one of the Mags, and you can read between the lines why he left...

IMO, I think Pops and Jr. probably thought they'd be known for their "Racing" products. I don't think it would have been limited to 10th scale electric or 8th scale nitro, things like 18th scale would also have interested them, but I think the total commercialization is probably something they weren't looking for. I believe they would have produced some of the "accessories" we see now as they saw the racer needing...

From my personal view, I'm sad to see that total commercialization of the "Losi" name. It used to mean to me the best small company produced product with the racer as the primary user and person to make happy.

Unfortunately, I think its the way of things... I used to be a huge Led Zeppelin fan back in the day. Never thought their music would be used to sell Escalades....
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Default diaper

It's what happens when a hobby turns into (or is swallowed by) a bussines: making money becomes more important than havin fun. That's when you have to start using diapers again!! heheheh
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)