Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
team associated's new signing for off road??? >

team associated's new signing for off road???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

team associated's new signing for off road???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im just freakin jealous that I don't have any friends that are team drivers
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scootersisters
It always seems to be that they sign a friend of a friend!
The r/c community is so small, so it's not a surprise the most everyone is friends with everyone else...especially on the National Circuit.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

THERE ARE LOTS OF GREAT DRIVERS THAT ARE UNDISCOVERED! The problem is that they dont live in california or have the ability to goto all the big races for a few years to get noticed.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree with scooter there are very few that are not from california that have big time sponcers and are big name drivers there are 49 other states that have great talent in them (im not one of them LOL) i just feel that its kinda sad that most of the big time races are out in california if its a so called natinal circit then it should go through the entire U.S.A. this is why i like the rc pro seiries it gives everybody a chance to go to a big race and get their well deserved name out there and gives a club racer a chance to go to a big race to have fun and race with the big dogs all over the U.S.A. most all the states in the U.S. have at least one big track that is capable of holding a roar event. those west coast racers have a huge advantage cause they race those tracks on a weekly basis.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jason,

Welcome to the AE Team and family. Good Luck with the new RC8, I am sure you will be able to add your input on this great car.

I am currently not on the A-Team but my time is coming

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LOL. You gotta friend or something? LOL.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roscoe71
i agree with scooter there are very few that are not from california that have big time sponcers and are big name drivers there are 49 other states that have great talent in them (im not one of them LOL) i just feel that its kinda sad that most of the big time races are out in california if its a so called natinal circit then it should go through the entire U.S.A. this is why i like the rc pro seiries it gives everybody a chance to go to a big race and get their well deserved name out there and gives a club racer a chance to go to a big race to have fun and race with the big dogs all over the U.S.A. most all the states in the U.S. have at least one big track that is capable of holding a roar event. those west coast racers have a huge advantage cause they race those tracks on a weekly basis.
Don't like it? Move. There is a lot of undiscovered talent from other states, but there is a lot of talent here in CA and Arizona. And there is nothing stopping people from paying their way to go to the big races to get noticed. It's just a matter if you have the determination to be sponsored.

Look at Motocross. People home school their kids and build them tracks at their houses trying to get them picked up. So paying to go to a couple big races when you have the talent doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Plus these are toys. No matter how much you try to rationalize it, these are toys for big kids. So just have fun with it.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Don't like it? Move. There is a lot of undiscovered talent from other states, but there is a lot of talent here in CA and Arizona. And there is nothing stopping people from paying their way to go to the big races to get noticed. It's just a matter if you have the determination to be sponsored.

Look at Motocross. People home school their kids and build them tracks at their houses trying to get them picked up. So paying to go to a couple big races when you have the talent doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Plus these are toys. No matter how much you try to rationalize it, these are toys for big kids. So just have fun with it.
Nice (sarcastically). Bringing up motocross is exactly the right thing to do if you want to point out the problems with R/C racing as a sport. Yes guys build tracks for their kids and go to races to get noticed. And in motocross there are actually manufacturer reps there to notice. The organizers actually promote and support regional amateur events for the ambitious racers to show what they can do. If it was like R/C they'd have to spend 100grand to go to one race where they would be racing all the factory guys and would not even have a chance to make the show.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i raced mottocross for 5 years and well all the top factory pro riders travel all over the U.S. not just california. im not trying to be bias or rude but i think they could spread out the big races alittle plus i think it would help rc racing get noticed nation wide. im glad the worlds will be held at the farm2 and from rumers some of it may air the on speed channel. i like going to big races but dont want to travel clear out west everytime.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roscoe71
The California guys have an advantage/disadvantage becaue they race against each other on an almost weekly basis. When you have to run against people that are faster than you.. you get faster, this is always true. Well in Southern California, we have just a few fast guys to push us to be faster constantly. Pudge is Pudge because he tried to beat Kinwald at Socal 3-4 times a week, same with Truhe, Amezcua, ect. Others move to CA to work in the industry. Example, Adam Drake, Joe Pillars, Brent Thielke, Ryan Lutz, ect. These guys were very fast in other places, then moved to SoCal for jobs at Losi, Orion, AE, Kyosho to make a living. At the same times, there are several very capable up and comers out here who have trouble getting on teams, because 5 of the Nation's top 10 live here. They aren't really needed regionally.

I don't know how we got on this topic anyways, Ashton is from Vegas, and Boots from the UK, so how did SoCal get involved?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:52 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh and one more thing... on spreading out the big races...

I cannot remember the last time a ROAR National was in California...

Other races, are held by PRIVATE companies, at their HOME TRACKS. Kind of hard to move those...
Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

They ran the Worlds warm-up in North Carolina and it SUCKED. The weather didn't let up until the last day, everyone had to convert their car to a swamp buggy, and they were so clapped out after the race that everyone had to throw their car away. Me personally, I'd vote for big races in CA every time. At least then you don't have to worry about throwing away all the money you spent to travel there because the weather didn't cooperate and you either got 30 minutes of total run time or the final was decided based on a single qualifier where none of the fast guys went fast. Sorry if this is off-topic but I dont agreee that races should be "spread out." I've wasted a lot of money on those races and I'll take CA every time from now on if it were my choice. *steps off soapbox*

P.S. I hope AE wins a big race soon. They recruited a lot of talent (most of them anyway) and if that team can't get it done...

Last edited by rcg33k; 11-25-2007 at 01:09 AM.