Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Starter Box Questions

I have a Losi 8ight-T and a Mugen MBX5T, but one OFNA Universal True Start starter box.

Is it okay to use just one starter box for both truggies? If so, any suggestions on a quick way of adjusting the mounts on the chrome top of starter box to accept both truggies?

BTW, 8T has OS21 Max VZ-B and MBX5T has Werks 28 B7 Pro Comp.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check RC Driver out this month I believe it has a universal starterbox mod in inside I'm not sure of the issue month as I have subscription and I am at work. But you use some L bracket aluminum and some screws and viola. Pretty easy mod if you have a dremel.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry its no RC Driver its Novembers Xtreme RC Cars Issue 144.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Thanks...I'll go check it out.

I thought there were people out there that have a similar situation as I have.

I was hoping there would be plate that would attach onto any starter box top. This plate would have at least four short tabs sticking out on the top of it at the four corners. Then, something similar to the TKO quick change plates for all the different r/c's would have four counterbored holes on the bottom of the plate which would fit onto the four tabs of prevoius plate. Height would be adjusted with shims. BAM! There's your adapter plate that accepts plates for different r/c's...i guess I'm crazy.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kilana
I was hoping there would be plate that would attach onto any starter box top. This plate would have at least four short tabs sticking out on the top of it at the four corners. Then, something similar to the TKO quick change plates for all the different r/c's would have four counterbored holes on the bottom of the plate which would fit onto the four tabs of prevoius plate. Height would be adjusted with shims. BAM! There's your adapter plate that accepts plates for different r/c's...i guess I'm crazy.
You have a good idea, why not make plates that would mount to the top of the box for each vehicle?

I mean it doesn't have to be so complicated as for the stacking part, but make different plates out of either thin plastic or wood, with a edging the size of the top of the box so you could just drop them on top of your starter box and go.