Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Jammin Problem

I am posting this for my father-in-law, who is having trouble with his Ofna Jammin Truggy. It is a stock RTR Truggy.

The truck ran fine about a month ago when he last ran it, but now is wanting to go WOT when he first starts it up. I went through the normal stuff that I thought might cause this. Batteries in both the Tx and receiver pack were good. I changed the crystals thinking that interference was causing it.

The strange part is that the servos seem fine when not started, but as soon as we engage the shaft starter, the throttle servo starts glitching and goes WOT as soon as it starts.

Any ideas?
Old 10-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check the wires on the servo. If any of them are bare it could be causing problems.

In all honesty, the stock servo's suck. They're OK for the initial break in and then you'll want something better. A Hitec 645 in steering and a 625 in throttle is a pretty inexpensive way to fix this while upgrading the truck.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll have him take a look at the wires, but I didn't see anything obvious. It's strange because it ran fine last time and now is acting up.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

for RTR's the radio system would be my first upgrade. In the long run I think that electronics are a great investment in the hobby and they give you less headaches as well.

Aside from the wires I would check your radio's antenna. Make sure that your antenna is all the way up when running. check your receiver, spray some contact cleaner inside.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the same car. Almost killed my brother-in-law with that car. Tried evrything called the factory, then gave up and bought a Spektrum. Best upgrade I have made to this car.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

a friend of mine just got a jammin, his did the same thing, Ofna sent him a new reciever and a new engine(WOT into a wall) we fixxed the truck back up and it worked fine, until it got 50+ feet away, then no response, it just kept going till it hit something. fortunately we intstalled a heavy throttle return spring so it rolled away slow. he then did the best thing you can do with these RTR Jammin's radio, threw it away and bought a spektrum!

recommend your father in law replaces the radio, worth the money and the control.