R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by windellmc View Post
You also get a one-piece motor mount, thicker ackermann plate, and titanium tie rods. Also Mugen is going to stop making the standard kit and only the Prospec will be available.
guess i forgot a few things...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

the 7-10-3 will make the truck very easy to drive, and very tame over small bumps, jumps and ruts. But if you are looking for more power to be pused to the front and or the rear of the truck and you run on a smooth, blue groovish type track you might want to try 15k or 20k in the center. We have experimented with great success.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
the 7-10-3 will make the truck very easy to drive, and very tame over small bumps, jumps and ruts. But if you are looking for more power to be pused to the front and or the rear of the truck and you run on a smooth, blue groovish type track you might want to try 15k or 20k in the center. We have experimented with great success.
For now, I will be running a Picco P3 which I heard is too much power as it is. With that, it might be best for me to stick with the 10k in the middle. But if im itching for more power, I will consider >10K in the center.
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Hey Everyone, thanks for all your help with my MBX5T questions. I finally put everything together last night. Shes a beauty!!!
Attached Thumbnails
MBX5T Questions-img_1769.jpg   MBX5T Questions-img_1770.jpg  
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New MBX5T owner

I am probably going to get to try my MBX5T out this weekend. I am a long time on road 1/8 scale racer and this is my first shot at the dirt.

I built the truggy as the instructions detail minus the S3 O rings in the diffs. I am most concerned about learning what oil to run in the diffs. In 1/8 on-road there are no diffs. I have extra diff oils but for the first outing I am probably going to just develop baseline info but if I get up to speed fairly quickly I may get into changing diff oils.

All tips are appreciated!
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I am probably going to get to try my MBX5T out this weekend. I am a long time on road 1/8 scale racer and this is my first shot at the dirt.

I built the truggy as the instructions detail minus the S3 O rings in the diffs. I am most concerned about learning what oil to run in the diffs. In 1/8 on-road there are no diffs. I have extra diff oils but for the first outing I am probably going to just develop baseline info but if I get up to speed fairly quickly I may get into changing diff oils.

All tips are appreciated!
If you look through this thread, some people stated what they are using. I put 7/10/3 in my truggy. I'll be hopefully racing it tonight for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #22
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
If you look through this thread, some people stated what they are using. I put 7/10/3 in my truggy. I'll be hopefully racing it tonight for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes.
It is the impact of the center differential has on handling that I don't understand yet. I have talked to different people and they are running from 5 to 30 in the center. What impact does a heavier fluid in the center diff make on handling?
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #23
Tech Master

Used my MBX5T Prospec for 2 weeks now and starting to get the hang of it (all this jumping lark is fun ) but i'm consistantly having problems with understeer going out of the corners on power. At this point i'm using 7,10,2 in the diffs (f,c,r) but i've been told to try 10,10,2. The track has a fairly loose top surface but underneath it's fairly hard packed with lots of ruts and bumps with the occasional bit of grass. I was maybe thinking of trying the shortest wheelbase setting possible (i've already got the rear at it's shortest), at the moment the front is set to long. Also thinking of trying a shorter rear camber link too and going up 5wt in the rear shocks. Any other suggestions of what i could maybe try?

Cheers, Chaz
Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

Less rear toe in will make it rotate on power better. Also moving the rear hubs back should add on power steering.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote