R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Default GT class--buggy-based on road!

HI!
I know this is the off-road forum, but I put this thread here because these machines are buggy-based and I am wondering if some of the Midwesterners might want to join us for a few on-road races! One could convert one of his old buggies or get one of the offerings from OFNA, Kyosho, HOt Bodies or other.
I am trying to gage the interest in this class as a possible addition to the Midwest Series. The Midwest Series is one of the best bargins in R/C racing. We have a lot of fun and this would be a way for an 'off-road' guy to get his feet wet, with less expenditure and with a more familiar chassis.
Anyone?
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sorry for the old thread bump, but im curious about converting my old Hot Bodies Lightning2 buggy for an on road GT car. where can i find the conversion parts for this?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its pretty easy conversion. Your going to want to get a truggy chassis thought to compete with the inferno 2.
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
its pretty easy conversion. Your going to want to get a truggy chassis thought to compete with the inferno 2.
thanks chris. do you know of any websites that have any information on this?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Tech Master

Just here on r/c tech. I do know what it takes to convert one though. I would be more than glad to help in any way possible.
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
thanks chris. do you know of any websites that have any information on this?
You don't have to use the truggy chassis. Here in Utah most of the guys have converted back to the short buggy chassis anyways to get better rotation out of the cars.

The Lightning and the MP7.5 share almost all parts. So just snag up some Kyosho GT shocks KYOIG001, the new style 2 speed KYOIGW008, body mounts KYOIG104, and then either fit the correct size center dog bones or center universals. Grab a body, the Protoform PF8 and the Ofna DP8 being 2 of the cheapest options. Run one brake because having both isn't really necessary. Other than that it's just fine tuning the setup. Anything else feel free to pm me, also there is a TON of information on the buggy based on road thread.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote