Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ProLine foams

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Also for 1/10 scale; the Losi "Firm" inserts are near perfect for most tracks (save for blue groove) or the Trinity "Bomb" series work well. The Losi firms are nicer to me than the B1's.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Does any one know if these
http://prolineracing.com/race/calibe...8-buggy-tires/

come with the closed cell firmer inserts or the standard blue moulded inserts?

Also i got some M3 Boe ties for my buggy with inserts, but they must be old im guessing as the insert is grey???? can any one tell me if this insert is soft or firm and if they are any good?

Cheers
Old 09-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Foam blues

The new regular foams are blue so it looks like they are the closed cell foams, confusing and misleading. So you have to buy tires, rims and foams, that's expensive and silly, where are the premounts with closed cell foams in them??? HUmmmmm....Pro line...........
Old 09-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123

Also i got some M3 Boe ties for my buggy with inserts, but they must be old im guessing as the insert is grey???? can any one tell me if this insert is soft or firm and if they are any good?

Cheers

caliber m4 come with blue closed cell inserts

caliber m3 m2 xtr come with the blue molded inserts

the old grey molded insert still works well on a slippery smooth track and is softer than the new blue molded

the blue molded is much more reliable
Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123

Cheers
I would Highly suggest to Not Run those Grey insert's, they Tear more often then not and then your left with 1 junk tire you have to remove and replace the foam, OR just use a quality foam in the first place.....I DESPISE the older grey foams they are So poor quality its not even funny.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
I would Highly suggest to Not Run those Grey insert's, they Tear more often then not and then your left with 1 junk tire you have to remove and replace the foam, OR just use a quality foam in the first place.....I DESPISE the older grey foams they are So poor quality its not even funny.
I would have to agree with that statement completly, got at least 5 sets with one tyre foam ripped in two with less than a race meet on them, good thing mates that bash dont care about matched sets for there rigs, hand me down tyres is all grey proline foams are good for.....
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i still run the grey foams to this day and have had minimal problems with the grey foams.......but then agian i dont panic rev my car when its up side down or anything else of the such
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

and maybe some specifics would be good....everyone wants to bash a product but not a single one of you has mentioned what specific product you are having a problem with.....they have been all general comments
Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The only problem I have with the gray PL foams is that water brake them down to easy, thats why PL had video's of them showing you how to plug the holes in the tires and wheels before washing them.. But the new foams are water proof
Old 09-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I think I made it clear...

Originally Posted by punkracer24
and maybe some specifics would be good....everyone wants to bash a product but not a single one of you has mentioned what specific product you are having a problem with.....they have been all general comments
The new blue foams seem to be blending with the closed cell foams so it can be tough to know what come with what, and the premounts need to have closed cell foams in them to keep up with the competition. Is that clear enough???
Old 09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

i still run the grey foams to this day and have had minimal problems with the grey foams.......but then agian i dont panic rev my car when its up side down or anything else of the such
Hop off that High horse your sitting on and realize most of us have been racing for a LONG time and know what's what with quality in foams.

Im glad your having good luck with the grey foams, but understand A LOT of people haven't, Read back in the thread...there's Lots of us to back up our statements.

Also know that your really hindering the handling possibilities by running the older stuff, AKA broke the markets back with their revolutionary Foams and PL was forced to step up their game and produce a quality product.

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
The only problem I have with the gray PL foams is that water brake them down to easy, thats why PL had video's of them showing you how to plug the holes in the tires and wheels before washing them.. But the new foams are water proof

Also And the Fact Jessica herself said you essentially cant run their Offroad tires in the dirt as they will get wet ooook Proline....w/e you say.

Im just glad all this is in the past and we have a variety of quality foams to pick from now a days....Im really liking the molded blue's and the Evo 2's.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone know what foams come in the latest pre-mount tires from a-main hobbies. I usually run caliber m2,m3.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

anyone know what foams come in the latest pre-mount tires from a-main hobbies
Hard as granite and pretty much worthless for anything other than pavement...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also know that your really hindering the handling possibilities by running the older stuff
Soooooo....you can take this guy mano-a-mano with only foams in your favor...I'm impressed.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Closed Cell Foam Inserts - which IMO are the better ones on the market. Makes the tire very consistent throughout the lifespan of the rubber. I have run 3 sets of tires on one set of foams... They have held up very well.

I think Proline only have one foam insert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.