Wiki Posts
Search

ProLine foams

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rltanner
Well thats very cool that Proline is going to work on some new foams they need to
That was over a year ago and supposedly the new foams have been out for a year now , which they don`t seem to be any better .
Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
That was over a year ago and supposedly the new foams have been out for a year now , which they don`t seem to be any better .
I know I got a hole in a brand new set of crime fighters at my local track and I noticed evey time i would come around little pieces of foam were flying out
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I thought that I was the only one with this problem. I run Boeties and this past weekend, I took the rims off. The result of me taking these tires from the rim was a big pile of foam dust!! It is also funny and shocking that I am reading this thread as I am also glueing a new set of Boeties to some Jammin rims. I love the tires, but the foams need improvement. I also agree to how are you gonna run off road without getting the tires wet??
Old 10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I bought a set of ofna molded foams. They are a little firm but I have reused them through 3 sets of tires. And they were cheaper then Prolines. HMMMM
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I bought a set of ofna molded foams. They are a little firm but I have reused them through 3 sets of tires. And they were cheaper then Prolines. HMMMM
I'll have to get me some of those thankx for the info
Old 10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Slaytanic-did you use the orange or the yellow Ofna molded inserts? The yellow are the soft and orange is their medium foams
Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Slaytanic-did you use the orange or the yellow Ofna molded inserts? The yellow are the soft and orange is their medium foams
Hey chris what would you use with bow-tie m2 and crime fighter m2 thats what i run here in Arizonia
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you got that one backwards. yellow is medium, and orange is soft.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

But I'm dyslexic, so in my world, I was right.

Anyway, I would try them both. The molded inserts are a bit firmer than the open cell foams that come with Proline tires. I would say try the orange inserts first. If you get too much sidewall flex, then try the medium inserts.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

But I'm dyslexic, so in my world, I was right.

Anyway, I would try them both. The molded inserts are a bit firmer than the open cell foams that come with Proline tires. I would say try the orange inserts first. If you get too much sidewall flex, then try the medium inserts.
I agree with the second part. I like the oranges in XTR, or M2's Yellow in M3's
Old 10-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I used the yellows. They are a little too firm. But they seem to last forever. When my tires are shot I just slice em open and pull out the foams. Then I bake the rims and the tires come right off!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

The yellows are really stiff, but not as stiff as they were when they were first released. Ofna updated them after a little while since the yellows were "rock" hard. The Ofna oranges are about equivalent to the Pro-line molded inserts, except they actually last, and they are a bit taller.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WheelNut
The yellows are really stiff, but not as stiff as they were when they were first released. Ofna updated them after a little while since the yellows were "rock" hard. The Ofna oranges are about equivalent to the Pro-line molded inserts, except they actually last, and they are a bit taller.
I wil have to try those thanx
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Honestly .. I can attest to the foam issue as well.. I have run through a set of foams and had the tires last for much longer on more than one occasion..
This reason and the fact that the older proline foams were never really Firm enough. Led me to purchase Panther tires whenever possible.. seems they were firmer and lasted atleast until the tire started to give up the ghost..

While its good to see Proline has adressed the firmness with the molded inserts. ( nothing worse than dropping 50-70 dollars on a set of tires and having to buy another 10-15 dollars in inserts) It sucks to see such a large company have such an ongoing battle.. I almost wonder if its due to us the consumer still buying there product.. as if to say that we accept it..

I for one.. will buy a Panther tire over the pro line still to this day.. And I will say I am very happy to see J concepts releasing such NICE!! products.. I expect great things from this company.. past present and future..

As with most of us.. we all want the best value per dollar.. but I am willing to pay a few dollars more to know I have something relaible.. But I will not be the guinea pig.. and will continue to find others tires to run if I can..!!

Proline.. If i was you I would really be concerned here.. there are more and more tire manufacterers. who are not just offering sport tires.. More and more are offering Race treads.. !! Its time to Poop or get off the pot.

To the rest of the world... as to the people at the track.. I thought I was the only one who felt this way!! Good to see others who will call a product out when its needed!!
My Rant is done.. I will now go back to my boring existence..
Peace and prosperity To all
Old 10-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with rregl0612, I think the way to go is find an alternative tire and foam and when Pro-line loses their grip on this market then they will fix this problem. I like Pro-line tires but I will not buy them anymore till the molded foams issue is fixed. They are the most expensive tire on the market plus you have to buy additional foams from OFNA to replace the ones that come with the Pro-line tires.

The molded foam insert is the foundation for the tire and it's a very unreliable foundation at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.