R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #31
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New one

I meant to be clear, the engine I was praising was the newer Force .28. And still lovin it. Even in this cold weather a quick prime in the carb and about three good pulls and she starts. Suprise it doesn't eat glow plugs. Please let me know if anyone starts to have trouble and what type. Thanks
Burlynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna engines

I put a hyper .12 in my FireStorm and it is giving me the same speeds as the original 3.0 engine with the same gearing. The holeshot is a little slower but that is OK.
kersplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have a old ofna/picco .26 big block outlaw. And it kicks serious but!!!!!!

Tons of power everywhere.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Ofna eng

My friend kid got Ofna buggies with the .28 eng I beleive...
Anyone here know a lot about this motor .it is hard to start and keeping it running...any suggestion?
What is the presetting for the carb( low and high needle?

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast View Post
My friend kid got Ofna buggies with the .28 eng I beleive...
Anyone here know a lot about this motor .it is hard to start and keeping it running...any suggestion?
What is the presetting for the carb( low and high needle?
Well a little knowledge is dangerous
so I'm going to test my ability to be dangerous.

1) set carb to factory settings whatever they are.
2) adjust Idle stop opening to the thickness of a creditcard
3) start motor/ new glowplug also make sure exhuast gaskets are intact and fuel line and fuel tank holds pressure.
4) When the motor starts give the motor full throttle adjust High Speed Needle (HSN) in (leaner)till you get near max rpm this shouldn't take all day so don't blow your motor up. When you get good rpms return to idle.

5) when it gets to idle you have to notice how long it takes the motor to a true idle. When you let off the throttle that isn't idle in most cases the motor is running on the crankcase vapors and give you a false sense your motor is idling well and when the vapors burn off the motor will die if you don't rev the motor up (or it did die). Depending on how rich your Low speed needle (LSN) is, the false idle will remain high longer depending how rich the LSN is.
6) Adjust LSN leaner slowly as you are doing this clear the motor out after each small adjustment, as you are leaning the LSN you should notice that false high rpm idle should be lessening in the time and the time it takes the motor to get to true idle. Also your base idle will start to go up as you lean the LSN.
The shorter time the motor takes to go to base idle the better. You will have the LSN adjusted pretty close I want between 1-2 seconds or less of False high rpm then the LSN is close, I want the motor to go straight to idle.
Now the motor should be able to idle smoothly and not load up at idle,Clear steady pull with no hesitation!
7) Now you need to check the HSN and richen it up because when the idle circuit was rich. You had to run the HSN lean to over come the unburnt fuel left in the motors cranckcase.
With LSN adjusted properly the motor will be snappier the temps will be lower and your fuel economy will increase.
LSN adjustment is the key to a happy motor

Last edited by vivo quevas; 05-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote