Wiki Posts
Search

my thoughts on the 367 after running it

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default my thoughts on the 367 after running it

Ive finally broke in and ran my 367 today. seems to be really low on tq it dont have alot of punch to it. I also think that i have the wrong clutch setup as my clutch as set for my gotech and rbc6bbt all black springs. im going to chang the springs to all gold try that out as i think the clutch needs to engauage a little later. The motor has a strong mid range power curve the top end power just keeps going. the motor is so smooth on the power its unreal it runs smoother than any other motor ive drove. Will see how it does after clutch change. if u run a lose track this is the motor not alot of wheel spin on bottom and it would be a good motor on a high traction track to with a spring change in the clutch so i think. I did test the run time on this motor and got 9min54sec on a tank thats running a temp of 220 to 240. this is all done with a long header style. the motor is super and if u want something out of this town fast this is not it. But if your lookin for smooth good run time and something that a littls faster on mid and top then the vspec this is your motor. it does have less bottom then a vspec though...
Old 09-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hasn't this engine been winning the Nats and big races like that?
Are u running this in an 8ight?

Maybe Rossi got this set up just right for off-road where traction is low. IDK. So are you dissapointed with this or do you like it?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

air, yes ive ran this on a 8ight buggy with the black spring setup. Also this motor has one major events. the motor is great but i think i need to make the clutch engauge later so its not boggin down the motor so much out of the corners. Its just not a tq motor and i like that its smooth and lays down the power and not wasting the motor on wheel spin. all in all so far im happy with it.i will be testing the motor tomorrow with a 13th clutch bell see if that might help it to. will get back on and post my results.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

well guys did more testing today with the 367. tried 13tooth clutch bell and thats a big no on the motor just made it feel wierd dont know how to explain it. then i put the 14 on tried it agian makes sure that me putting more fuel through it made a diff and i seen the same results as yesterday. brought it back in and took the pipe off and put the pipe reducer that came with the kit on. after that the motor was on brought the bottom end up a little and smoothed the mid and felt better on top end also so thats where the testing stop'd as the motor is where i want it perfect. timed it agian twice back to back got 10min first time on a tank and got 9 50 second time. so after todays test i would highly recommend this motor to anyone who wants great run time and power. i say with a swap of a carb reducer u would have more power then a c6. this was also done with the 6.5 reducer didnt try the 7 like i wanted... if u have question feel free to ask
Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well it sounds like it's a good engine to me. Might have to get one for next season. With me being such a newbie I like engines with less torque, that way I can controlt the vehicle off the corners. LOL. Thanx for posting the info.