Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
gt2 set up help >

gt2 set up help

gt2 set up help

Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default gt2 set up help

I'am new to rc racing ant just got a used RC10GT2. Any Ideas on A good starting baseline for a setup would be. And what servos should I use with an Airtronic M8 Transmitters each with Spektrum moduel and reciever.
Thanks mike
Old 09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banshee_317
I'am new to rc racing ant just got a used RC10GT2. Any Ideas on A good starting baseline for a setup would be. And what servos should I use with an Airtronic M8 Transmitters each with Spektrum moduel and reciever.
Thanks mike
Go to associated's web site and use Ryan Mayfields setup. I like futaba servos I have a 9451 on the steering and a 9304 on the throttle. Digital servos are great on the steering but they are a little too much for the throttle.
.10 to .13 on the steering and .14 to .20 on the throttle (keeps it under control)
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you're new to racing the stock set up will drive the easiest. It won't spin out when you get on the throttle. If you find you need more steering the manual will help. I use the long wheelbase setting, set front ride height lower than rear by 1mm and moved the front shocks to the inside hole on the arm. But each driver likes something different.

Any servo will work. For control find a servo with around .15 on speed for throttle. A faster servo will make the truck more reactive. Too fast of a servo for throttle and steering could make the truck hard to drive. For steering find a servo with around 100oz-in. Again, to keep the truck in control find something around .15. A faster servo will make the truck more reactive.

Each person likes there own feel so it's hard to say get XXXX servo or YYYY servo. Someone will always disagree with what you suggest. Hope this helps get you started. For now I have a Hitec 645MG for throttle and I don't like it. But I'm used to the very reactive 8th scale cars, so I'd like more speed from that servo. For steering I have an Airtronics 357 that I bought used from a friend for $50. The speed is great to me cause I like the vehicles to react as soon I move the trigger or wheel.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157740

This thread will help also.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO Ide get the fastest servo's you can afford. The M8 and many other controllers will allow you to slow the reaction of the servos down, but you cant speed a servo up.I like servo speeds less than .14 and since Ive ordered a Nomadio React Im hoping its like instant reaction to my imputs. I also ordered the Futaba FASST 3PKS to try out. I hear its not as fast response as the Nomadio, but if it feels comfortable then it will work for me. Looking for a replacement for my M8 Synth setup and unfortunately no LHS with those radio's to test out so I got to buy to try. Ill wait till Air M11 gets a faster DSS system before Ill consider going back to them.

For gas truck Ide look for 100+ in. oz. of torque. Ive been running Air 359's for throttle and steering, but might hop to the Ace line of servos. I hear lots of good reviews about them. Ace 1313 and 1015 look like nice servos. Also the 1313 are reasonably priced!