R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #31
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Its like concrete

I don't punish myself too much but its difficult for me to do most things. But the alternative is sitting in the house watching TV and being terminally bored. So I put up with the other crap so I can have a life. That surface is like concrete. Its clay and they do form it up and wet it down then when it dries its hard as a rock. It rubbers up well though and the traction is unreal after a few heats. That facility just opened this year. Its pretty awesome. There is an on-road track next to that off-road track. A carpet track upstairs where the RD is in that vid. Its a cool place.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GenReaper

Great Video Griz, totaly enjoyed it, loved the slow mo with the two trucks going over the jump side by side.

Keep up the good work.
HPI Baja 5B SS
My videos : http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genreaper
GenReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Default Nice

Great work Grizz!

Are you planning on the RC Pro Off-Road Finals too?

How about the RC Pro "Nitro Beach" race in Puerto Rico this January 10-13, 2008?

Great job again!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Default Don't know yet

I'd love to go to Puerto Rico but there is no way on my income. Where is the R/C Pro Finals this year. They are having an international invitational here in Tx is that the race you are talking about? That one is scheduled the same weekend as the Sedan Nats in Houston which I want to go too. Might be able to get up there for a day before going to Houston since its a multi day event that ends on Sat. But my plans are always getting changed by various things so I'm never really sure until I get to the track where I'm going to film. Yea those two trugs just begged for a dose of slo mo I try not to use it too much. Its nice but like most things in little amounts.

Griz
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Default RC Pro Off Road Finals

Griz,

The RC Pro Off-Road International Championships are November 8-11 in Alvarado Texas.

It’s going to be a great race with the best of the best. We’re having a concert and bikini contest too!

Hope you think about it some more

Here’s more detailed event information. http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/s...ate/2007-11-08
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Default Just have to see when Nov rolls around

I quit trying to plan things pretty much. Everytime I do something happens seems like. Wish it wasn't so far to Houston from the R/C pro site I'd do that one on Sat and then drive on down to Houston. I know Carlton he used to race at the oval track in Waco with us sometimes. I talked to him about the upcoming race the other day. We'll see whats up in Nov.

Griz
Old 09-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #37
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rightous video

i used to be the head of IT for a company that had a video production studio and that video is pro quality... you should seriously consider a career in video production/editing. that action looks good too, wish i could get some racing in myself. (anyone want a mrs? dirt cheap will trade for rc stuff )

sloopy.
sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Default I would love too

I too worked in the data world. I was a unix network guru until I came down with a bone disease and had to quit working. Don't know where the video stuff came from. I started setting up a camera so I could watch my car and try and pick up some set up info. Once it got to the point I had to quit racing I just started doing video at the races instead. I have a good friend that is a very good designer and he tells me that my timing is pretty good and that probably comes from my musical training. I was a jazz music major at North Texas State played in one of the lab bands there. Not easy to do as there are 80+ trying out for 14 spots each September and January. I do a lot of editing late at night when my legs start acting up. It takes my mind off it and after an hour or two I can get some good sleep. I sure appreciate your complement though. I sure have a lot of fun and have made some good friends going to the tracks and making videos. Maybe in the next life I'll be a famous movie mogul

Griz
Old 10-01-2007, 05:36 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Default Great work Griz

Griz,

Your RC film work looks excellent. Who knows, you may have a profitable career in film sooner than you think.

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougg View Post
Hey don't be hattin Just cuz you pick crappy pit guys, and can't make the A!!! I don't want to hear it. Plus I've only missed one A main, I was leading in the B when I broke. So I missed it once.....
you cant even make the "A" at Kodys house clubz!!!! Dont talk yourself up too much to the texans cause the will hand you your ass!!!!!

btw........i didnt pick the pit guy....you picked me HAHAHAHAHA
msconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Default Yea you gotta watch em

I thought I was a pretty good 1/8 scale driver until I moved here. These guys get to race almost every weekend in the year and it shows. Lots of tracks to run on so they get used to different track conditions and layouts. In the summer you could probably run some kind of R/C every day of the week if you wanted to do a little driving. Plenty of things R/C to engage in. Its coming into the prime time right now as well. I was hoping that cold front would make it here for the weekend to drop the temps a bit but looks like its going to wimp out. Nitro Invite in Austin this weekend for the off-roaders, World Finals in San Antonio for the straightliners and a trip up to Cowtown Speedway in Ft Worth to watch my buddy try and get his 3rd win of the season in sprint cars. He has a nice R/C sprinter too but this is a 1:1 car.

We were at Texas Motor Speedway Oval last weekend for the Lone Star Nationals. Huge dirt oval track and there were cars packed in everywhere. 2 additional pits were opened up for the overflow. It was a gas for sure. I shot some video of Chad in action. One of my drivers shot from the grandstands. His first time to shoot a race and he did pretty good. A few jiggles but after a few heats he settled down and did really well. He liked the video so well he's putting some of my logo stickers on that sweet ride.

That was pretty unreal freaking news to me So I'm going to have to go video him putting those stickers on. Here is the video. No its not R/C but there is a R/C driver in that #20 car. And he ended up winning the A-Feature !! Who says they are toy cars. By the way he's killer with the R/C as well. Usually laps the field or gets very close.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Chads-Bad.html

Download
www.promofo-racing.org/video/TMS/Chads-Bad.wmv

Going for maximum footage this weekend. 3 events. Hopefully I can come up with something to top those last two vids. I must admit when I watched the buggy A main video the first time I said to myself man thats off the hook. Some days they just go together so smoothly its like someone else is doing it for me.

Griz