Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
what buggy engine to buy? >

what buggy engine to buy?

what buggy engine to buy?

Old 09-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
His point though was that the fastest engine won't make you the fastest driver, and that the circumstances in testing made the tests inconclusive.

I agree 100%....but someone was asking for a good engine recomendation...based off personal experience i know both mills are good, but i beleive the Picco has a broader power curve and more useable RPM... I never said anything about the engines making someone faster on track, Jason is just trying to be sarcastic since I brought in dyno and video evidence to back up my opinion of the P7 EVO 2........ A good driver can win with any engine...

But currently the P7 EVO 2 series does win alot of races, the Jammin JPX 21 and the Trinity Drake 21 are both re-badged EVO 2 engines.. So its not like i am recomending some junk motor.

Anyways where did I say someone will win all races if they buy a EVO 2 ? seriously now ?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
i wont attend the race unfortunately...but since Nick runs my engines i am sure he will bring something for the short track..Iusualy see to it Nick has plenty of power.

i will have to get a Go-tech .21 5 port on the dyno next to ther P7 and we can go from there.... we'll see which motor carries the most power and RPM......I have both and looking to pick up another GO, Russ froim Racefactor is such a good guy to deal with..its very possible both me and Nick will run GO engines next season.

No need to argue with me mate, i am not your enemy, maybe i just know a little more about enignes then you do, hell i was going to offer to modify that B7 28 for free for ya since Nick told me your such a good guy, as well since that motor really could use a little TLC .. i am not shitting you about the P7, hell do you want us to install your B7 Pro 28 in Nick's 8T and run it next to the P7EVO2 powered 5 T on video ? remember i am the guy who teaches Nick how to tune and repair engines, and Nicks been running my modified egines for well over a year now !....
heated talk does not make any of us bad people, thats why this is a discusion forum...its so we can talk and compare the items we like, and yes i know the werks .28 could use some tlc....im not tring to make anything personal...just having a good heated talk about the sport we are all into RC...

oh and i am a good guy (i hope) on the net we all push our views a bit harder....
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
heated talk does not make any of us bad people, thats why this is a discusion forum...its so we can talk and compare the items we like, and yes i know the werks .28 could use some tlc....im not tring to make anything personal...just having a good heated talk about the sport we are all into RC...

oh and i am a good guy (i hope) on the net we all push our views a bit harder....

okay cool then...we never met in person so i wasn't sure if you were attacking me or not....Nick and pete both said your a good guy, i just didnt think you realised who i was thats all..... I modify engines and Nick and pete both race and test my engines..... A very good buddy of mine also has a X-dyno.... Anyways feel free to argue with me all you want as long as it stays cool... no need for us to argue over 0.2 HP differences LOL

I just modified and broke in one of the new Go-tech .25 truggy engines....Wow the motor makes alot of power and has a nice powerband, i will be shooting some vid of it today.....I can definitely see me and Nick both running Go engines next season..
Old 09-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

hey no prob...i knew who you were i just like to argue on the net, it keeps things interesting in our hobby, as long as it all in good taste and no one gets personal i consider it to be almost as fun as hanging out at the track and shooting the SH17!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile O.S MOTORS

THE OS V-SPEC .21 HANDS DOWN OS IS THE BEST MOTOR I THINK I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OUT THERE JAMM .21 IS ALSO A GREAT MOTOR BUT I LIKE THE OS MOTORS GREAT POWER............TALK LATER KEEP RACING

Marc Nichols
O.S MOTORS
AXIOM MOTORS
www.axiommotors.com
Old 09-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you can keep your vehicle hooked up a faster engine is good but i never been to a track where simple power made a real difference. i think there are alot of good engines everything from a NR bf 21 from a dynamite platinum (i know a guy that is on the us worlds team with one) to faster werks and rbs. just because you can go down a large straight 2-3 car lengths faster just means some where you brake harder. the guy with the platinum almost beat another guy on the ifmar us team driving totally under control with a happy glubbery engine. he lead for 43 minutes of a 45 min race then his reciever pack started to and ended up dieing. i personally run a stock c6 and run it at 65-70% throttle and can clear a 32+ foot quad and keep up with and beat alot of pro level near pro levels down a straight but when i try running too hard i run ALOT slower over all than they do due to wheel spin and going too wide. most of what makes a driver fast is how the driver is.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

are you guys all saying that novarossi engines are all junk they are the highest quality , broadest range of design and easiest engines to tune . that dyno of the plus 21-7bt is bogus or something i own two of those engines and they are easily as fast or faster than any engine on the track including a picco /jammin/drake engine drake that you all rave about i am a fusion motorsports driver,a modifier (very good at it)and very knowledgeable when it comes to nitro engines . and as far as an engine recommendation; for a buggy , i always recommend the novarossi 5 ports such as p5xs , for truggy i still recommend a .21 , just a seriously powerful one like a 421b , or plus 21-7 turbo or non turbo is the drivers preference , cause if you cant tune very well , you wont be happy with a turbo
later
Monty Houston
Old 09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
are you guys all saying that novarossi engines are all junk they are the highest quality , broadest range of design and easiest engines to tune . that dyno of the plus 21-7bt is bogus or something i own two of those engines and they are easily as fast or faster than any engine on the track including a picco /jammin/drake engine drake that you all rave about i am a fusion motorsports driver,a modifier (very good at it)and very knowledgeable when it comes to nitro engines . and as far as an engine recommendation; for a buggy , i always recommend the novarossi 5 ports such as p5xs , for truggy i still recommend a .21 , just a seriously powerful one like a 421b , or plus 21-7 turbo or non turbo is the drivers preference , cause if you cant tune very well , you wont be happy with a turbo
later
Monty Houston

I dont see anyone saying Novarossi is garbage in this thread....hell other then the dyno sheet Novarossi isn't even mentioned.... Just because the Picco makes more power on the dyno does not mean anyone is bashing the Novarossi engines.... All racers say the HP doesn't matter anyways so i dont see what the big deal is, and why your getting worked up... That dyno is the real deal,the Picco is the more powerful motor , both mills dynoed on the same dyno ... also those dyno results do mirror the results gotten by XRC as well.... MY buddy from AB Mods is a huge Novarossi fan regardless if it dynoes the highest or not, he is not playing favorites one way or the other... He will be dynoing all kinds of different motors, and i am sure we'll see plenty more Novarossi's dynoed ... My good buddy has a 21-7 turbo, so maybe we'll do some head to head runs against a few other mills and see what happens...
Old 09-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

still dont see where it actually matters how an engine dynos (peak numbers). if it were so important to have the most power all the time we would all be running 9 turns and lower in electric offroad.....we dont lol
Old 09-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

im not getting worked up maximo just posing another side of opinions on engines
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how come no one menchens RB engines i have a ws7III and its great.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If we are going to start talking about the most powerful motors then there is no use in argueing,The OS Speed v-spec is the quickest motor avaliable also very reliable and easy to tune but not everyone has the money for that motor.

hello going into a kyosho inferno 777 what would you suggest a os vzb vpec?
or a ofna p7evo/2 .21 engines??
Thanks
id say the os v-spec for power and reliability,also ease of tune.There is no doubt the picco motors are fast but seem pretty touchy on the needles.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
ive noticed your a bit P7EVO2 bias cause you own one....ive owned a P7EVO2 and thought it was ok....i push the GoTech and doent even own one, but have driven and broke in many, and ill tell you this is the engine of the future....

As promised ! here is a video of my new Go tech .25 Truggy engine

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...47493384507285
Old 09-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go Tech 5 port.
Cheap reliable power with well priced replacement parts.
Great bottom end and plenty of revs and 10 mins + on a 125 cc tank.

IMO best value for money and performance.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
are you guys all saying that novarossi engines are all junk
what??? i love novarossi engines!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.