R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just read this. Looks like we'll have another track to race at in Vegas (but it won't be open on competing weekends with Silver State RC). Great plan!

http://www.sincityrc.com/index.php?o...id=60&Itemid=2

Quote:
The Big Announcement
Written by John Edmond
Monday, 08 October 2007
So, most of us know that in the past 2 months, racing has been hard. Finishline closed, and Silver State RC only races 1 saturday a month. But many of us have thousands of dollars invested in our cars and truggys, that 1 weekend of racing just doesnt seem like enough. So for the past 3 months, we have been talking with a core group of racers about getting another track going. It started with the idea of buying finishline, but we ruled that out.

Then we started the process of looking for a nice peice of land to run on. Something we could build a nice big track for 8th scales, but something that if we move a pipe, 10th scale will work fine on too. This brought us back to an existing track, that was in much need of attention. The Silver Bowl Park track. Yes, you read it right. The track is there, it has most of the stuff we need to have some fun racing. But it needs maintaince, and quite bit of that.

So starting this weekend, that maintaince if starting. First, we are rebuilding the layout, and adding around 100 tons of dirt. Other things that are going to be done will come shortly, but there is a problem. The materials needed to bring the track up to race holding specs cost money. Money we dont have right now. So if you want to contribute to the couse, come out saturday morning and donate, cash, time or both. The track is big, and the list of work to be done is even bigger.

Oh, we will be calling the track Sin City RC, and hope to run races twice monthly, but never on a weekend that Silverstate RC runs, and to make sure that both tracks at the park work together, we will not plan any racing on weekends that the on-road track plans to run.

Well, we look forward to seeing you at the track, and hopefully this weekend helping us put down the new track.
SKOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That sounds very cool me and Mason will for sure come down and race their
Old 10-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

skot, thanks for passing the word. This weekend is going to be a long 2 days. Cant wait to see how the track turns out after all of the work we have planned. Plus, this city needs another track. Plan and simple.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
skot, thanks for passing the word. This weekend is going to be a long 2 days. Cant wait to see how the track turns out after all of the work we have planned. Plus, this city needs another track. Plan and simple.
No problem. If you can't tell I'm pretty excited to have another track opening up for racing. Like you said, we have a lot of $$$ tied up in this stuff to only use it once a month. I'll probably swing by on Saturday to check out the progress. I'll have my son with me, so I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll see you then.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #80
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOT View Post
No problem. If you can't tell I'm pretty excited to have another track opening up for racing. Like you said, we have a lot of $$$ tied up in this stuff to only use it once a month. I'll probably swing by on Saturday to check out the progress. I'll have my son with me, so I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll see you then.
Iam glad to hear this. Rob and i have made some new freinds up there and only get to see you guys once a month. If we cannot come up there and help we will do what we can in other ways.
Good luck to you guys.
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #81
Tech Initiate

Yeah the track is big and with new dirt and help it will be great.
DougieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougieLV View Post
Yeah the track is big and with new dirt and help it will be great.
Hey Doug where is the track is it close to were Finishline was or at a better area
Old 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltanner View Post
Hey Doug where is the track is it close to were Finishline was or at a better area
Silverbowl park, new the onroad track. Jump off of the 95 at Russell, then hed east. a quarter mile past boulder highway, the turn is on the right. Youll see parking on the left in the distance and that is where both tracks are.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Silverbowl park, new the onroad track. Jump off of the 95 at Russell, then hed east. a quarter mile past boulder highway, the turn is on the right. Youll see parking on the left in the distance and that is where both tracks are.
Thankx ED let me and Mason know when you are going to start racing and we will come up and check it out thankx
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #85
Tech Master

will do

From a phone call i got this evening, the work has started. The pipes have been removed, and dirt has started being moved. Danny and I will be there around 8am tomorrow, but we might be a little past that since we are buying a couple cases of water for the crew
Old 10-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Wow! I stopped by both tracks today. Very good things happening for the Las Vegas R/C scene.

I can't wait to run the new layout at B.C. It looks SWEET! It'll definately be challenging though. Those off camber turns and the whoop section will separate the fast guys from the rest of us. GOOD JOB TOBY AND CREW!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Can't wait to race on the track on the 20th im sure it is sweet boulder is a awsome track
Old 10-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #88
Tech Apprentice

thanks SKOT, we laid the pipe today and I forgot to bring my camera......I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow and take a few pics and post them. It is going to be a real fun layout.
Toby Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #89
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Looking forward to racing this weekend.
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

TOBY!!!!

Hook me up with an offroad vehicle. Can't race on the 20th though as the Paris Memorial is that weekend.

PM me your number