R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #166
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Concepts View Post
Yes it is true. Mike truhe drove it sunday night and said it was awesome. Really well balanced and a blast to drive. I ran the 2min warm up, and the 12 min main on saturday night at Revelation. Started dead last and finished 2nd.

As for the RC8, we are looking at changing our manufacturing process to better our turn around time on the other models. We have the RC8, MBX6, MP9, and the D8 in house and are working on all of them.

As far as the 2.0 goes, our chassis is already 1.5mm longer thatn stock version, and the towers and stuff will be change over very soon.

Thanks
whats the latest on the rc8 and other cars?
fastbynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #167
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 8ight 2.0

how would 8ight 2.0 go? I know cf chassis is 1.5mm, but how about everythin else?
sabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #168
Tech Prophet

i have a losi eight 1.0 it is the lightest buggy i driven boy u can tell a diffrence between heavyer ones and light buggys, i use the short track setup but with 2 rear spacers up front of the hub and 1 in the rear
with the camber link in the rear in the a hole in the rear hub it rotates really good with it being light with the 4 shoe clutch the only way u can drive it fast is be smooth with it and let it get stright when u come out if the corner
u kind of can drive it hard but theres a limit to it. with the chassis being light
it can be unstable but if u have the right tires and some toe out in the front its stable another than then that its a fast buggy and it handles pretty good
i woulnt get a graphite chassis though its light enough if u ask me
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #169
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i spoke to Matrix last week and was informed that the global downturn has hit them quite hard.
They aren't developing any new parts at the moment and are only selling off old stock
its a shame. ive struggled to find another brand that makes a carbon tower or even an aluminium tower that is as strong as his towers

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #170
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i have a losi eight 1.0 it is the lightest buggy i driven boy u can tell a diffrence between heavyer ones and light buggys, i use the short track setup but with 2 rear spacers up front of the hub and 1 in the rear
with the camber link in the rear in the a hole in the rear hub it rotates really good with it being light with the 4 shoe clutch the only way u can drive it fast is be smooth with it and let it get stright when u come out if the corner
u kind of can drive it hard but theres a limit to it. with the chassis being light
it can be unstable but if u have the right tires and some toe out in the front its stable another than then that its a fast buggy and it handles pretty good
i woulnt get a graphite chassis though its light enough if u ask me

Dont Knock it till you tried it...there's a HUGE difference.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #171
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are the chassis still available? sent pm about availibilty
ChrisD@AirLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #172
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD@AirLand View Post
are the chassis still available? sent pm about availibilty

Robert's still around....i would also take down his shop # and try dropping him a line during the day.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 09-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #173
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey man, that looks awesome...I'd buy one. Do you think you guys might design a carbon fiber upper deck with plastic receiver and battery boxes. I believe the throttle servo problem lies in the radio tray design...too much flex on the servo. Man, you guys could make a boatload of cash if you came up with the fix that Losi just can't seem to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Concepts View Post
I would like to show everybody a sneak peak at our new Losi 8ight Carbon chassis. We are in the early stages of development at this time and plan to release a production version in the very near future. We are also currently making Carbon shock towers, brake rotors and black fiberglass dirt guards and tank guards for the 8B & 8T. To top it off we also are making our own fuel, what we believe to be the freshest available.
smedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #174
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedly View Post
Hey man, that looks awesome...I'd buy one. Do you think you guys might design a carbon fiber upper deck with plastic receiver and battery boxes. I believe the throttle servo problem lies in the radio tray design...too much flex on the servo. Man, you guys could make a boatload of cash if you came up with the fix that Losi just can't seem to do.

there's nothing wrong with the stock tray on the losi....and i can more the likely tell you the brushless project Robert was working on has stalled....with the economy sitting the way it is and Robert has told me thing's are on hold....its just not possible to move forward at the current time.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:16 AM   #175
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Carbon Chassis for Ofna Hyper 9e, Anyone Make One?

I was told by more than one offroad/onroad track owner and several hobby stores, that bussiness always picks up when people are not working as much. gives them more time to play with their toys. And spend all that money they've saved up in the bank. I would think that Robert Bartlet bussiness "Matrix Concepts Inc" would be selling lots of his products. But then again, why only the Losi Chassis in Carbon? I have two losi's I don't even drive anymore. My Ofna Hyper 9e gets me around the track five seconds faster per lap on a 25 second track, that's a difference that only my new car technology can explain. and allot of people out there raceing and even bashing would love to get their hands on this awesome revolutionary Chassis. I love what Matrix has done with the replaceable Droop Screw Area, and Replaceable Skid plates that are built into the Chassis, I mean, wow, I wish all RC cars came with these parts Replaceable. it's brilliant work Robert. This "All Work On Hold" just doesn't make sense. if people arent buying much of your product, it's probably because maybe most of the people that want to buy your product, are not driving Losi right now? I'm really sorry bussiness is so bad. But if you can find a way to build an Ofna Hyper 9e Carbon Chassis to the latest design specifications you've achieved with the losi design, I would absolutely buy one.

Good Luck Robert. And please let us know if there's anything we RC racers can do to help make your bussiness a success. It was over one year ago, at OCRC raceway when Smoker who I believe was running your chassis, said it rocks and to just be patient. a year later I'm still drooling over the idea of your project, but I'm running out of drool. come on Robert, work with me here. I wish you luck! and say something, please!

PS. And if you can't make this bussiness plan work, Can you sell this idea to other 1/8th scale RC Manufacturers, or aftermarket parts suppliers so that we RC enthusiast can see this technology succeed on a large scale, and have unlimited choices, or a least a few more model choices to choose from. You have such a great product, and Chassis wear out so fast, it just doens't make sense that your bussiness would not succeed. but then again, I cannot begin to comprehend why you would not have a working model for most of the 1/8th scale buggies and Truggies or at least the major manufacturers, after three years of Research and Development. But then again, I know very little about bussiness. Just keep the customer happy. I can Garantee you a huge smile upon my purchase of your Carbon Chassis, and all the other accessories you've so well designed. Any chance you will make one for a Hyper 9e someday?
MindThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #176
Tech Lord

either I can field the question's or ill ask Robert to drop in.....your choice MindThoughts
Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Hi Integra,
Whomever can give the most lengthy, detailed response(Though I would like to hear Roberts words, if he has time). At this point in time I feel heartbroken. I've never seen such brilliant work as what you guys have done over there at Matrix with your Carbon Chassis and the way you can replace parts known to wear out fast. Bottom line is, that's just amazing.

Another point I would like to make in how much money people are spending(on items in much less demand than a Brilliantly Designed Carbon Chassis)- in this Hobby right now, as one example; The $279.oo FMA Direct, CellPro PowerLab 8 Charger, 24volt 1000watts, and charges any chemistry battery at up to 30amps. And a $109.oo Common Sense 12volt 43amp Power Supply will provide enough juice to charge up to a 3cell LiPo battery at up to 30amps(anything greater than 3cell, ie. 4s, 5s or 6s< requires a more powerful Power Supply, thus much more money). But regardless of the expensive power supply potentially required to power this beast of a charger, This charger sold out the entire first production run before one charger was even delivered.

The first delivery for this charger was May 1st of this year. FMA Direct sold hundreds of chargers before one was delivered.

The way I see it, and I could be wronge; but most people already have chargers. I personally have five. I need a Carbon chassis for my ofna Hyper 9e more than I need a luxury 30amp LiPo charger that requires the purchase of an expensive power supply. I just don't see where things went wronge with your Company to bring Production to a stand still(If this is actually the case as mentioned in previous posts by others), Other than me, and many others feeling very confused about why you have no mention of making a Chassis for a very inovative design, Hyper 9e? Please explain in as much detail as you possibley can, why your company is in the situation, that it is in(or at least your understanding of the situation). Do you have any hope or plans to bring production back up to speed, and also to add Ofna Hyper 9e to the list of Carbon Chassis, you may one day make?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #178
Tech Lord

Ill have Robert stop by.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #179
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Ill have Robert stop by.
Hi Integra. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #180
Tech Fanatic

Default Thank you Matrix Concepts Inc, Your Carbon Chassis is #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Ill have Robert stop by.
Hi Integra,

Thank you for getting me connected to Robert. He's an amazing person. we spoke on the phone yesterday for over an hour. Robert explained allot of detail about his products and primarily his revolutionary Carbon Chassis he designed and is now selling. Link is just bellow:

http://www.matrixconceptsinc.com/

it was really great talking to someone with so much passion about their work, and with such inovative ideas and able to bring those ideas to life and ultimately a final masterful product ready for race. It was great talking to Robert. I just want to thank you. I'll be buying the Complete Super Duper Package that includes everything Robert has made for RC's. I have an old Losi 1.0, ok it's not that old, that's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust ever sense I bought my Hyper 9e. I sure would love for Robert to make a Carbon Chassis for the Hyper 9e(I would buy everything he made for the Hyper 9e, yes; the super duper package included), Oh would that be sweet. So my thoughts for now are, Buy the super package and get my old losi going again. I just can't resist what Robert has done with his designs. If everyone knew half of what Robert of Matrix Concepts Inc, knows about Carbon and Racing, They would be buying his Carbon Chassis faster than he could make them. Robert really needs someone full time to somewhat educate the people on the forums, that misunderstand the technology. There is no two ways about it. It's a sweet technology and it's really awesome. and it lightens the buggy up quite a bit and improves handling charecteristics. I remember Smoker running the Carbon Chassis at OCRC Raceway in Huntington beach, CA. He was the fastest 1/8th scale buggy on the track. it almost seem the buggy was too fast for him. like he couldn't keep up with it. it was quite a unique experience to witness and discuss with him. That carbon chassis held up perfectly after moths of racing and crashing and you name it. Once a Truggy crossed the pipe and hit smoker head on both RC's going full speed. not a scratch on the Carbon Chassis. Yes, it's tuff. And flexible by design. Thank you again, Integra. I really apprecieate it. Thank you!