R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm using an Odonnell 77 plug a Jp-3 and the 7mm restrictor. I am very happy with it so far runs alot like my stock v-spec but cost less. No flame outs so far, gets good mileage, and has plenty of power.
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
Hi everyone I am seriously looking at the picco P7 to go into my kyosho 777 but am also looking at the go tech .21 turbo or os vzb vspec T any suggestions, I have a picco JL .12 red dot in my G4s onroad and you have to use picco plugs, is the P7 the same cause not alot of shops have picco plugs??
thanks!
There are many other plugs that will fit in the Picco. Factory is usually best but the taper on the turbo plug is what is different. The Picco taper is shared or that specific degree taper to be correct is shared with the OS,IDM,Sirio,OPS,Radical.as well as Vega I believe. So you have a bit of a choice you do not have to run the Picco plug if you cannot find one. I have found that the Sirio plugs run as well when you cannot get the Picco. I have no experience running the O'donnell nor the OS I just know that they will fit.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got the Trinity Drake pipe for this engine because it is the only one I can find with the proper header and I must say I am incredibly impressed with this combo. Even with the 7mm restrictor it is fast and smooth everywhere and in the last race (admittedly being somewhat conservative with the throttle) I stopped at 7.5 minutes to go and still had 1cm fuel left in the tank. I was able to clear a jump that only a few could and ended up finishing very well.
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Any of the IDM or the Mega pipesets will fit they are made for the Picco engine. The Drake pipe is also for the Picco.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

I am running the Odonnell 97T plug and it works great. The stock plug died after the first run on track.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Did your jammin engines come with restricters? Mine didnt!
Scootersisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

Mine came with a red restrictor that was already in the carb. It did not come with any extras.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

I just got the Picco Evo 2 and it came with 3 restrictors. I heard this thing is ballistic. Hows the mileage miller?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Roger at Ofna told me that you dont have to add a shim in the jpx.21 to run 30%. What do you all think of that?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

I ask this because every time I call ofna and speak with someone diffrent I get a diffrent answer on about all of my questions. Ex. 3 venturis will come with a new jpx.21. They dont.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #41
Tech Regular

You need to check the head squish that will tell you if it does or does not need a shim. The engines are more then likely set for 25% from the factory so if you are not at sea level then you may not need it. You never run the engine wide open as long as the onroads do. I do not set any of the IDM's up with a extra shim for the offroad engines. They do not have a issue but then again this is another engine same maker for the engine though. Check the squish let us know and we can tellyou.The picco's like a lower clearance because the engine has a flat top piston. Your does have a flat top piston right? If so then this will be a big reason for no shim. If you need to know how to check the squish PM me and I will give you the instruction.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #42
Tech Apprentice

3 copper shims measuring about twenty thousanths total. Flat top piston. Thank you for your help.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #43
Tech Adept

Thumbs up p7

I've ben running my P7 Evo2 for a couple months now and it is ballistic!!

At first I had a bit of trouble with the motor stopping all the time for "no reason" at the track, but working fine in the parking lot!?!? I finally realised since I had also changed to a lower motor mount, the flywheel was touching the ground and stopping the motor...changed to a smaller one and....voila!!! Le rocket!! hehehe

I use the normal header (not the turbo, also included) with Picco or Novarossi glowplugs. Up 'till now I've just stuck the medium carb restrictor in and haven't found out "mileage" yet: It's hard to drive more than 7-8-9 minutes without an incident!!! hhahahahaha

I would like to try O'Donnel or McCoy plugs to see if their reputation also stands with this motor, any opinions??? I mean about regular, not turbo)....
TEAM www.fisio-sport.com
(Valencia, Spain)
DR ZAIRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootersisters View Post
3 copper shims measuring about twenty thousanths total. Flat top piston. Thank you for your help.
Sorry for the delay the response. You are giving me the thickness of the 3 shims in inch right. So if I convert that to the metric system it would be around for each .1mm head shim that would equal around .004 thousandths. So you are reading .0020 thousandths? This is where I am lost with the measure. with the measure the 1st position is 10ths , 2nd is 100th's, and the 3rd is thousandths, 4th would be 10 thousandth. Please clarify this for me as I am not sure what you are measuring if you are measuring correctly and we convert this right then the measure would be .0580mm. That is less then one .1mm shim. by half. I think that you have two .2mm and one .1mm shim under the deck. If you are running 30% you could actually take a shim out. You could loose the .1mm to start. They have a high head clearance to start. Pay attention to the engine temp as it will tell a lot and also make sure you do not run to hot a plug this will cause you to detonate. I would really like to hear what you have under the head for the squish as well as the shim thicknesses in mm. Give me the squish in inch. But the shims I would like to know in metric.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Picco doesn't state the glow plug length. For instance, the Rossi and Rex plugs say either short body or long body. Which ones will or will not work?
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote