EIGHT T tires

Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default EIGHT T tires

Guys, Does anyone here ever use a stock eight T tires for racing? I saw one in our LHS and its looks preety good. The inserts are firmer that my GRP mounted tires. How does it comprare to Bowtie and GRP?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not sure about the foams but I use the stock XTT for most conditions. They work well for me. Well, most locals use them when the track is slightly wet still. When things dry a little, we seem to switch to holeshots or crimefighters depending on the surface. I'm surprised how well the XTT do. I'm gonna keep a fresh set on hand.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the Proline MTR tires with the molded foams fit great on the stock losi 8t rims Its a tight fit, but easy to do
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

indeed, the holeshot MTR and Bow tie MTR tires fit, with no modification. They seem to have a fairly low profile on the wheel, making them most desirable for smooth tracks, rough blown out mine fields would probably favor the OFNA / Standard wheels (which allow the tires to soak up some of the harder edges)

I have a Jammin, and run both the 40 series rims with Proline MTR (bowtie holeshot and crimefighter) Tires, and the regular wheels with Proline MTR bow ties and Holeshots. I am pretty certain that the OFNA wheel wil fit on the LOSI, the hex is the same size, but the issue would be one of clearance on the A arm.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Jammin wheels and Losi wheels both work together. They have 1/2" offset. MTR tires on Losi rims do work great. I have never tried them on the Jammin wheels, but some people I know use them for certain conditions. The Losi rims are not considered "40 Series" The losi rims are a larger diameter than Maxx rims, but they are completely different from the 40 series. I have notices more and more people calling the losi rims by the 40 series label and just wanted to step in before it became too common.

The stock Losi foams are called "blue" but I have no idea how they compare to anything else.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i've been using the stock Losi wheel/tire's and I like them. I ran my first race with them and they did good for me. Just tried out GRP Cubics on Losi wheels tonight, and they seemed good to me. Needs a little work to fit, but they work
Old 09-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply guys! i now have the XTT tires, will be using this on our club race on sunday, Hope it gets the thropy.