Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI 8 RTR or KYOSHO INFERNO SPORTS RTR

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

shock towers, shock caps (upper), shock shafts, shock pistons, shock springs, shock seal retaining caps (lower caps), hinge pins, hex drives and wheel nuts, chassis, diff grease (instead of diff oil), steering hinge pins, sway bars, engine mounts, clutch bell, and clutch shoes and spin start.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just realized the rear chassis brace is different between the RTR and the kit 8ight. The RTR only has one hole for the nut and the kit has two holes. RTR part number is 2354. The kit part number is 4414
Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic88my
Hi,

I am victor here., I am in the process of choosing a good but cost effective car too.
I am a bit puzzled of your mindset.
May I know why you settle for losi 8 but not hyper 8 ?
Kyosho is no way comparable to losi 8 or hyper 8, but, the price is $400 for kyosho, $500 for hyper 8 and a big jump to $650 for
Losi 8. That is a big gap in price. But, the question now is :

The overall performance gap between kyosho and losi 8 is 30%, between hyper 8 and losi 8 is 5%.

It will be a more reasonable decision to settle for hyper 8 than losi 8 unless I am really rich, ( which I am going to order next weekend), So the question, is there significant gap in performance and overall marks between hyper 8 and losi 8 ?

Let's put up 4 most important criteria(for stock models):

1. Top speed mph
2. acceleration
3. maneuverability
4. Quality of parts

Regards,
Victor
The radio included with the Hyper is garbage.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Need opinion from the gas buggy experts...

Just started doing on-road nitro touring cars for about 6 months now (I'm freaking loving it) and also would like to get into 1/8 nitro buggy but in RTR kit.

I know some of you would say that it's better to build the kit and install the other major components afterwards...I've done that already with my nitro TC and I've been building electric kits since I started the hobby in 2000.

However, I don't want to spend so much money like I did with my current nitro car (I don't put cheap components in my kits). I would like to get into 1/8 nitro buggy for fun @ my LHS's dirt track when I'm not racing nitro on-road.

Need anyone's opinion which would be the better RTR kit mentioned (Losi 8 RTR or Kyosho Inferno Sport RTR). I don't plan to keep the radio gear that will come with the kit and will also have plans of the changing the engine as well when I decide to race it at my local track.

Thanks to anyone's opinions/replies.
i have had a team losi 8ight buggy and a kyosho inferno sport rtr buggy,i wold recomend geting the lose 8ight rtrhas a good motor,radioo gear and so one,go losi all the way
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm confused why you would buy an RTR and replace the engine and radio gear. Would it not make more sense to just buy the race roller or kit?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by shelbyego7
i have had a team losi 8ight buggy and a kyosho inferno sport rtr buggy,i wold recomend geting the lose 8ight rtrhas a good motor,radioo gear and so one,go losi all the way
Done deal! (check my sig )

Originally Posted by windellmc
I'm confused why you would buy an RTR and replace the engine and radio gear. Would it not make more sense to just buy the race roller or kit?
To answer your reply is simple..... total cost. I was able to purch the RTR kit NIB for $500 off ebay.. I already have a M11 with the Pro Tx/Rx set-up and JR servos (Hi-speed and Hi-torque digital ones), I could then sell the RTR radio (Spektrum DX2.0 w/ servos) for $100 - $140... the engine won't be replaced until it's needed to be replaced.

If I were to buy as you suggested the kit or race roller.... the lowest price I could find from an online hobbystore for the kit ver is $499.95 and for the race roller is $514.95 (both with free shipping)....those kits don't include electronics, engine and exhaust pipe. The kits use the Team Losi parts that the RTR's don't have but those can be replaced to Team specs when needed.

Hope I was able to clear that up for you.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

If you can swing it, get the Hyper 8.5 Pro Kit! Hands down, one of the best deals out there. They can be had for around $410~420 shipped. Call Rob over at Nitro House (Best Prices on H8.5s) - www.nitrohouse.com

Don't go by what's on their website, they have a lot of stuff that's not on the website, and the prices over the phone seem to be a lot cheaper than what's advertised on their website...

They ship really fast too!

If you go the 'kit' route, you should be able to pick up some decent servos and a radio rig for under $150 (Check Ebay often). The 8.5 Pro kit even comes with a pipe!

Your gonna spend money whichever route you go, but you stated that you are going to race it - 'for fun'... You might as well spend the money and get a quality kit. If you already race and spend money on On-Road kit, then you are going to do it on the Off-Road stuff as well...

Motor - Go Tech <$200 and quality mill...
OFNA Chrome Top Starter Box Rig off Ebay for ($40~$60)

Tires $50~60 (Panther KIIs, OFNA Trulite Rims, Foams - from Nitrohouse). You pretty much ready to race at that point.

Just my contribution to the discussion in terms of things to think about...