R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #166
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pete,

I didn't see it so much a an attack vs. a discussion on the value of chemical properties, All good. I ran a little of his fuel before taking on Torco and had no issues with it and would propably put it ahead of a few others.

Though comstible flashpoint may vary between syn. manufactures, the oil film strength is much, much stronger with synthetic.

I think the higher cumbustion temp of the syn. could be a viable reason why your able to lean it out more, but not sure on that one or if flm strength would effect it.

Last edited by thabiuk; 10-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #167
Tech Regular

I am going to look into the theories of the fluids a little more. i will keep you guys posted on my findings.

Anyone with anymore info or suggestions plese email me at timhabiuk@aol.com.

Thanks for the discussion guys,

Tim
Old 10-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
Oh yes Ron.I know who you are .Your the guy with exclusive rights the term "race blend".What an ego. I don't claim your level of knowledge about toy car engines but I have built engines that won 6 amature national moto championships.Not all synythetic oil has a higher flash point than Castor.You should also know that the "smoke" exiting your stinger is partly atomized uncombusted oil.I stated earlier that this fuel has too much oil for my taste.I run Coldfusion and allways will. I've noticed that every chance you get you critisize these guys...I haven't ran your fuel or your engines so I can't comment on there quality .How much Torco have you ran hmmmm.......? Must be allot because you certainly have allot of opinions.Why don't you check that ego and concentrate on making your own products better and let these boys do the same.

Regards,Pete
Congratulations on the accomplishments with your moto engines, that is quite an feat (and that is not sarcasim). Before you comment on my ego maybe you should try checking yours too. If you have some knowledge of what is being discussed (which you obviously displayed in this post) why not try to participate in a constructive manner instead of making such an ambigous, sarcastic post in which you come across quite frankly as a you know what??? And as far as me taking every opportunity to criticise these guys, I honestly could care the least about torco from the standpoint of a competitor, there are a lot bigger players in the market than them.

What I do care about is making sure that people get clear consise information about things. Not a bunch of nonsense, not double talk, not bs. An educated consumer is a better consumer. When people understand what they are buying and why things do certain things then they can make solid choices about what they do and do not use. They will also understand why one product is better than another without relying on a bunch of marketing double talk. Ultimately I think that people with knowledge should try to educate others, give it a shot rather than being sarcastic, you might find people actualy appreciate what you have to say.

Moving forward you are corrct, not all synthetics have a higher flash point than castor based oils (never thought that I said that). Ours actualy has a flash point over 200 degrees higher than the synthetic that we use so what? As I mentioned if you want to participate in a conversation do so in a productive manner. You stated as I should know smoke exiting your stinger is partily atomized uncombusted oil, this could be true (as I stated this would kind of lead credence to my statement of possibly being more oil) or it could be oil that is combusted at a lower temperature, both will produce a smoke trail right? And to clarify the residue left frost the combustion of castor oil is carbon and is not more protective than it's origional form as you stated. Castors endearing qulity to engines is that as it heats up it's viscosity (thickness) increases, offering increased protection, once it actualy burns it leaves carbon. The benefit of this (for everyone else reading this) as you start to get hot spots on your piston or cylinder castor oil (in your fuel) will thicken at that specific point increasing the protection and reducing the likelyhood of an oil film failure (direct metal to metal contact). But your a knowledgable guy so I'm sure that is exactly what you meant to say. In any case I'm off, too dificult typing long posts on the iPhone lol.
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #169
Tech Regular

You are right about the residue left from combusted castor being carbon but glow engines or any other type that I'm aware of do not get a 100% complete burn. Spent 4 hours at the DMV today .Probably came across a little harsh.I've heard your engines are really good.Maybe I'll pick one up.

Sincerly,the You know what
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
You are right about the residue left from combusted castor being carbon but glow engines or any other type that I'm aware of do not get a 100% complete burn. Spent 4 hours at the DMV today .Probably came across a little harsh.I've heard your engines are really good.Maybe I'll pick one up.

Sincerly,the You know what
Lol, if I came across harshly (which I did) then my appolagies also. I'm not trying to be combative in my origional post just stating my opponion on something. In any case there is a whole lot of knowledge available amongst all of us on here and none of us will allways be right (including
my self) but hopefully we can all get to the point where we feel comfortable openly discussing things without having to worry about our intentions being misconstrued or people thinking that we are attacking a product. It realy is a shame because I know a lot of manufacturers that will not even post on Rc tech because they think it allways turns into a bash fest. Ultimately we all loose out because of that.

Regarding the engines, I try but as a motor builder you know that there is allways something that can be improved on them lol, it's a never ending process! You seem like a knowledgable guy, if your interested pm me your address and I'll send you one when I get my next shipmen in to try out.

Regards,

Ron
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

wow, this has turned into a very knowlegable debate...i never knew that synth. oils had a totaly different burn charicteristic than caster oils...nor did i realize that the film left behind from the oils was better for protection than in their original state...in my head, everything makes perfect sense now!!!! thanks for all the useful info guys!!!! i'm now looking forward to running torco fuels this next year now that i understand all of this.....i've also heard that there is going to be a new series of werks motors comming out and they are gonna be killer!!! is this true? i've never ran a werks power plant...that just might have to change this year also!

thanks for the knowlege bestowed upon all of us gentlemen!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #172
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I have never had this situation happen to me before so I cant speak from personal experiences but all the other racers there said my engine should have flamed out from the excessive heat and lean conditions, and they also said it should have come off the track at much hotter temps..It made more than 1 person switch to Torco fuel so it must have been impressive enough. I dont think I want to test this out with other fuels and see what the outcome is
i never had this happen either with out noticing that it was trying to lean out (because the fuel pump is not working anymore)but for some reason it did happen to me tonight. and i think you said you was running a vspec? and i have a jx ninja (os based) i didnt see the problem till i was packing up to leave and i seen the presure line was off my tank the pipe was still on the guy that fueled me for the start of the main had pulled it off and didnt know it but i ran about 5 min with it off till i broke a cvd and had to pull it. but my engine pulled the fuel in and ran just fine without it. i dont want this to happen again but it did this time.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #173
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Any one got a up to date contact info for Torco. There not reply to email, so want to see if there is another way to contact them.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Madbrad- Here ya go. Tim is a nice guy and will get back to you on what you need.

Anyone with anymore info or suggestions plese email me at timhabiuk@aol.com.

Thanks for the discussion guys,

Tim
ROAR REGION 3 DIRECTOR
Team Associated
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Madbrad- That is Tim's phone number if you need it. It looks kinda confusing the way I posted it, but that is Tims signature with his phone number. Thanks.
Team Associated
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #176
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
Any one got a up to date contact info for Torco. There not reply to email, so want to see if there is another way to contact them.
Brad all the info you need to contact Torco is on TT's website
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #177
Tech Regular

Or call me, e-mail me etc.....

I am hear for ya babe'
Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #178
Tech Initiate

thanks to jaz and team teribles i picked up 5 cases at nx when i was there, just broke in 2 new 21-4, raced for the first time last weekend with the new engs, fuel and run times were great, each eng only had about 3/4 of a gal through them when they were put down for there first race. ive ran nothing but byrons for a long time, with my short history with this fuel it seems as good as anything byrons has come up with, i have had nothing but great results with byrons, just being a team terribles member i like to support our sponsors, to jaz and all the sponsor a big thank you.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #179
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
i never had this happen either with out noticing that it was trying to lean out (because the fuel pump is not working anymore)but for some reason it did happen to me tonight. and i think you said you was running a vspec? and i have a jx ninja (os based) i didnt see the problem till i was packing up to leave and i seen the presure line was off my tank the pipe was still on the guy that fueled me for the start of the main had pulled it off and didnt know it but i ran about 5 min with it off till i broke a cvd and had to pull it. but my engine pulled the fuel in and ran just fine without it. i dont want this to happen again but it did this time.
Man that torco must be some reeeally good stuff.
BeefHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #180
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefHead View Post
Man that torco must be some reeeally good stuff.
im not trying to give torco down the road cause I dont use torco. what i was trying to say was I think it would have done the same thing with any fuel.

look back at page 10 to see how this started.

Last edited by axle; 11-02-2009 at 04:03 PM.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote