R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #136
Tech Addict

From what I read and heard the first batch of Torco was fine. We have ran 8 gallons of the first batch. The first batch was huge so obviously it was not a bad mixture. The problem i believe was with the packaging. It appears that the cap did not always stay tight and sealed during shipping. I believe some even leaked. The bad seal would cause the nitro to evaporate and you would get a weird mixture.

Since than this problem has been fixed. The fuel bottle is now sealed with an additional plastic seal on the lip of the bottle. This problem won't happen again. The only thing I didn't like was the dye stained my gas tank and fuel bottles. They lowered the dye content based on customer feedback. So this problem has been fixed also. What your left with is good fuel at a great price.

I have no complaints with the fuel. Great stuff!
razo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #137
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo125 View Post
From what I read and heard the first batch of Torco was fine. We have ran 8 gallons of the first batch. The first batch was huge so obviously it was not a bad mixture. The problem i believe was with the packaging. It appears that the cap did not always stay tight and sealed during shipping. I believe some even leaked. The bad seal would cause the nitro to evaporate and you would get a weird mixture.

Since than this problem has been fixed. The fuel bottle is now sealed with an additional plastic seal on the lip of the bottle. This problem won't happen again. The only thing I didn't like was the dye stained my gas tank and fuel bottles. They lowered the dye content based on customer feedback. So this problem has been fixed also. What your left with is good fuel at a great price.

I have no complaints with the fuel. Great stuff!

X2

my new case has the lower dye. did they change oil % in this to or was that a while ago

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #138
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
X2

my new case has the lower dye. did they change oil % in this to or was that a while ago
PER Cyndi, the current production line which changed after the first batch is 10% (8%Syn, 2%Cas). They are listing another 30% blend which I believe will have 12%, not sure on the mixture.

Yes on the packaging and yes on the dye, I noticed the running improvements as well. I just placed my 4th shipment with them and I have yet to have anything other than compliments. Like any new product some tweaking is needed, and I think they have done a great job.
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabiuk View Post
I agree, and spoke with them Thursday about it.

Both Cyndi (CS REP) and Jody (JODY) are willing to discuss the problem they can be reached directly at the office, their number has been on here for 2 or 3 days now and no one has yet to call them.I fowarded all the info I got from newone, and he has been the only one to do so.

In every customer service situation there is a resolution, call them and work it out or continue to keyboard hack and accomplish nothing.

480-288-9385
Tim, I have more to do than sit behind the phone or screen all weekend. We just returned from the Horizon Shootout and I am SURE I will be calling today. From my past conversations with them, and other information that I have been told, I still am not holding my breath...

Monte, I agree bro, and thats also why I run for the people that I do. Its all about the total package.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #140
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfarmer View Post
Tim, I have more to do than sit behind the phone or screen all weekend. We just returned from the Horizon Shootout and I am SURE I will be calling today. From my past conversations with them, and other information that I have been told, I still am not holding my breath...

Monte, I agree bro, and thats also why I run for the people that I do. Its all about the total package.

Good luck, I hope the best.

How was the Shootout ?
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabiuk View Post
Good luck, I hope the best.

How was the Shootout ?
Thanks!! It was a great event. The guys at Jtec racing really stepped it up. With all of the rain that came thru they worked their butts off and had the track dry and ready to race. It was a great event, with great give away's and a GREAT weekend for the Fastlane team!

thanks for your help in this matter too.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #142
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any Luck Yet Chad?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #143
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android View Post
So which is the better fuel Any suggestion?
Coldfusion You will not be dissapointed.Better milage cooler temps.Best I've ever ran.
pete 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

+1 on the ColdFusion
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You will not be dissapointed with Torco..I get better mileage and cooler temps vs every other fuel I have ran
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #146
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
Byrons! I use to use sidewinder,that's good also but byrons runs cleaner makes engine snappier. That's just my opinion. I really want to try the massive mods fuel but would cost the same as buying a new car to get it here. I have run both 20-30%. Byrons I use the gen 2 30%
Yeah but which one smells the best?
bphil49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphil49 View Post
Yeah but which one smells the best?
BYRONS!
bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #148
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete 26 View Post
Coldfusion You will not be dissapointed.Better milage cooler temps.Best I've ever ran.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoh10 View Post
You will not be dissapointed with Torco..I get better mileage and cooler temps vs every other fuel I have ran
something not right here

Let me tell you guys my personal experience with Torco. a couple of weeks ago, halfway through a 20 minute main, I clipped a pipe and it popped the header off the back of my engine. ( yes it was loud!) Not only did I finish the race without another pit ( took 4th ) My Stock V-spec came off the track at 250 degrees with no header for 10 minutes in buggy. That stuff dont happen with ordinary fuel..made a lifelong believer out of me..so say what you want, but I know for a fact that Torco is some good stuff, its all I will ever use from here on out
Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #149
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
something not right here

Let me tell you guys my personal experience with Torco. a couple of weeks ago, halfway through a 20 minute main, I clipped a pipe and it popped the header off the back of my engine. ( yes it was loud!) Not only did I finish the race without another pit ( took 4th ) My Stock V-spec came off the track at 250 degrees with no header for 10 minutes in buggy. That stuff dont happen with ordinary fuel..made a lifelong believer out of me..so say what you want, but I know for a fact that Torco is some good stuff, its all I will ever use from here on out
Im not sure what you are trying to say because if it ran for 10 minutes after the header came off it was because it was still getting fuel to run on and the oil is in the fuel sounds like to me that any fuel would have give the same result other then that it would have run out or over heated and died.im not trying to rag on you but i have never seen an engine keep running like that just because of the brand of fuel you put in the tank.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #150
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
something not right here

Iam suprised that they let you race without a muffler like that. Where I race you would have been plulled off the track.

Ohh yea and +2, +3, +4... on coldfusionfuel. I run the magic blend and man this stuff is magic. I love the stuff. No dyes to stain or tarnish your expensive mill just good old pure fuel that burns clean and strong. I have seen issues with the other brand a few times. Give Vernon a call at coldfusion and he'll hook you up.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote