Wiki Posts
Search

Lightning Stadium Pro-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lightning Stadium Pro-R

Hey....
I have a HPI Hellfire I have raced with for some time now.... Now I am looking at the Lightning Stadium Pro-R from HB to the new season..
Is there anyone who can tell me some good and some bad things about the HB....
The Lightning Stadium Pro-R seems to be a little bit better then the hellfire, mainly because it dont have a upperdeck, and the construction seems very tough...
Old 09-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the lightning pro r is one tuff truck, its the truck that more or less started the truggy craze that it is today.

things that i changed when i had mine;
put the plastic arms on, just makes the truck lighter.
i also used the hyper 8 c-hub arrangement, makes changing caster a whole lot easier & gives more tuning options.

grab some aftermarket shock towers, not anything wrong with the kit ones, but others will give you more tuning options (more holes in towers).

the stock 14mm wheel hexes work fine if you stick to HB wheels, though you have a hellfire, so maybe use the 17mm hexes off it for more wheel options.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay.... It sounds like it need some new parts.... Can you tell me how long the drive shafts in the front and the rear is? So I know if I can use the shafts from the hellfire.
I have looked on edit's website and they have some aftermarked parts. They have some shocktowers ( http://www.rc-edit.com/piw.php?partN...kit=16&lang=en ) do you know if they are any good?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

for the money the lsp-r is one good truck. very very tough and will handle the rough stuff like nothing else on the market. its about the only rc that doesn't see bumps lol. it lacks steering compared to the newer trucks on the market like the crt/mbx5t/8t. if you are just getting into it then that would be a good option. if your just going to be racing period i would really look at something else. as much as i love the lsp after getting it really good your gonna want more that a truck like the mbx5t offers right from the box and just a little bit more money.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

I have a LSP that is setup for racing and bashing and I would own no other truggie after doing the buggy upper arm mod to it. Look on truggyracers.com for more info on the LEP.