R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jatoman1992
Default electric back up motor for t-maxx?

idk i was thinking and for some reason a electric back up motor for the t-maxx came to mind, i guess it would be for someone whos engine cuts off/runs out of gas far away and are to lazy to get it(me) so they could flip a switch(the 3rd channel switch for t-maxx reverse) and it switches from the nitro motor to the electric motor and you can drive it back, but not a fast motor or anything something cheap, i guess you could rig an ez-start motor?
what do ya'll think could it be done? has it been done?
jatoman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains

thats what i was thinking

the EZ start could possibly be rigged to an ESC with stick pack

and for added convience you could go back to the old style EZ start contcoler and have the button rigged to a servo with a 5 channel radio and run the EZ start to the stick pack

channel

1. steering
2. throttle
3. fwd/reverse
4. esc
5. EZ start

the only hard part of it is figuring out how the clutch would work so the truck runs properly on nitro but engages on the ez start

may be a belt on a pully rigged to a motor mounted on the chassis and a servo with a bearing on the horn

so moving the servo tensions the belt on the clutch bell

but personaly i think i would rather than go through all the headach and hastle aswell as trouble i'd just bring 'er in every 7 mins or so and fuel up

or even add a buggy fuel tank to the front like i did

IMO

DONT FLAME ME
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatoman1992 View Post
idk i was thinking and for some reason a electric back up motor for the t-maxx came to mind, i guess it would be for someone whos engine cuts off/runs out of gas far away and are to lazy to get it(me) so they could flip a switch(the 3rd channel switch for t-maxx reverse) and it switches from the nitro motor to the electric motor and you can drive it back, but not a fast motor or anything something cheap, i guess you could rig an ez-start motor?
what do ya'll think could it be done? has it been done?
Detailed intructions and pictures are in one of the RC magazines to use the 3rd channel as a remote start. I think Steve Bess did it. I remember seeing it.

It would be more useful to have a way to use the 3rd channel to actuate a way to flip the thing back on its wheels.
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jatoman1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by more$thanbrains View Post
thats what i was thinking

the EZ start could possibly be rigged to an ESC with stick pack

and for added convience you could go back to the old style EZ start contcoler and have the button rigged to a servo with a 5 channel radio and run the EZ start to the stick pack

channel

1. steering
2. throttle
3. fwd/reverse
4. esc
5. EZ start

the only hard part of it is figuring out how the clutch would work so the truck runs properly on nitro but engages on the ez start

may be a belt on a pully rigged to a motor mounted on the chassis and a servo with a bearing on the horn

so moving the servo tensions the belt on the clutch bell

but personaly i think i would rather than go through all the headach and hastle aswell as trouble i'd just bring 'er in every 7 mins or so and fuel up

or even add a buggy fuel tank to the front like i did

IMO

DONT FLAME ME
thats what i was thinking, but think of how long it would take to get it right, all the trials and errors just not worth it i guess, a remote start would be pretty sweet. how do u do it could someone try and find a link for me?

Last edited by jatoman1992; 09-03-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: i dont know
jatoman1992 is offline   Reply With Quote