Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo? >

Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

M8/ Spektrum Pro.

I usually stick with the same radio for years after I get a feel for them. It can take me a month to get used to a new radio, even one of the same model due to the differences of spring tension and they way the foam on the wheel feels.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

M8 with spektrum. Love the ease of programming the radio. Had a 3pk for a bit and it was definately comfortable, I just didn't like programming it. My buddies M11 is nice but again it's just not as easy to program. I do like the
JR Z1 or whatever it is also. If I was to switch I'd probably try one of those first.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

3PK Spectrum with HRS Mode.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My personal preference:

JR Z-1- Very comfortable radio. Not alot of buttons so the menu is easy to navigate. Some of the terminology is VERY different than anything else, but if you think about it, it all makes sense. Imainly ran this with the Synthesized but I did try the Spektrum in it.

M8- Probably one of the most comfortable radio's I've ever used. Doesn't have all the fancy tuff tha the M11 has but it has all that is necessary plus alot of other stuff. Very easy to navigate through the menu. Rant this with Synthesized module from Novak and JR Synthesized receivers, and Spektrum.

M 11- Hated the feel of the radio. Didn't like the menu navigation either. Great radio with all of the what you need and ALOT more that could be nice to have, depending on the application. Alot of people like this radio, I just don't like the actual feel in my hand. I ran this with the same stuff from my M8. I actually had two of these. Bought one, didn't really like it, sold it and went back to the M8. Bought another one and remembered why I sold it in the first place.

Futaba 3PK- LOVE the feel. easy menu layout. Easy to set up. I really like the fact the the module is on top, not on the back. That way the Spektrum/FASST antenna isn't on the back of the unit. Only ran Synthesized with this set up. Sold it because I work at a hobby shop and got a great deal on the 3PKS.

3PKS- I find it to be the most comfortable radio on the market right now. The menu is very easy to navigate. Nice big screen to look at if you want to. Agian, more than you need for options on this radio. I like the fact that it comes with the stuff for the drop down wheel right in the box and it will fit back in the box with it installed. This is great for tansport. I ran this in both Synthesized and with FASST. I do think this system is noticably faster than the spektrum, but maybe not a noticable difference to Spektrum Pro.

All in all, it comes down to personal preference. If you have the opportunity, try them all in your hands. Make the decision that's right for you, not what other people are telling you is right for you. Comfort is the key with such a major purchase. It's the one thing I will not impulse buy.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Ko propo helios with the adjustable drop down. For me it just feels very natural in the hands plus its very light.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i used a jr xs3 radio and i liked it but i just bought a nomadio. i have used a m11 and its really balanced.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Very detail research....

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
My personal preference:

JR Z-1- Very comfortable radio. Not alot of buttons so the menu is easy to navigate. Some of the terminology is VERY different than anything else, but if you think about it, it all makes sense. Imainly ran this with the Synthesized but I did try the Spektrum in it.

M8- Probably one of the most comfortable radio's I've ever used. Doesn't have all the fancy tuff tha the M11 has but it has all that is necessary plus alot of other stuff. Very easy to navigate through the menu. Rant this with Synthesized module from Novak and JR Synthesized receivers, and Spektrum.

M 11- Hated the feel of the radio. Didn't like the menu navigation either. Great radio with all of the what you need and ALOT more that could be nice to have, depending on the application. Alot of people like this radio, I just don't like the actual feel in my hand. I ran this with the same stuff from my M8. I actually had two of these. Bought one, didn't really like it, sold it and went back to the M8. Bought another one and remembered why I sold it in the first place.

Futaba 3PK- LOVE the feel. easy menu layout. Easy to set up. I really like the fact the the module is on top, not on the back. That way the Spektrum/FASST antenna isn't on the back of the unit. Only ran Synthesized with this set up. Sold it because I work at a hobby shop and got a great deal on the 3PKS.

3PKS- I find it to be the most comfortable radio on the market right now. The menu is very easy to navigate. Nice big screen to look at if you want to. Agian, more than you need for options on this radio. I like the fact that it comes with the stuff for the drop down wheel right in the box and it will fit back in the box with it installed. This is great for tansport. I ran this in both Synthesized and with FASST. I do think this system is noticably faster than the spektrum, but maybe not a noticable difference to Spektrum Pro.

All in all, it comes down to personal preference. If you have the opportunity, try them all in your hands. Make the decision that's right for you, not what other people are telling you is right for you. Comfort is the key with such a major purchase. It's the one thing I will not impulse buy.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nomadio React. Works very well. comfy to hold for hrs if need be.
get a good high Mah rechargable battery and your good to go.

T
Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

3PM w/FASST on HRS. Menu system is easy to use. Only problem is the failsafe setup if you're not using HRS.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
3PM w/FASST on HRS. Menu system is easy to use. Only problem is the failsafe setup if you're not using HRS.
Why wouldn't you turn on HRS?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

It depends on the servo's that you're running. If you are running two digitals, you can turn it on. Not everybody runs two digital servo's yet though.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

y?

It depends on the servo's that you're running. If you are running two digitals, you can turn it on. Not everybody runs two digital servo's yet though.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Because of the way that it's programmed. That doesn't mean that you have to use digital servos in order to use these radio's, it's just an added bonus of using these radios. It makes the servos work as fast as they can with the least amount of dead time.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

which digital servos would you think are the best fit for this radio? Thanks.

Because of the way that it's programmed. That doesn't mean that you have to use digital servos in order to use these radio's, it's just an added bonus of using these radios. It makes the servos work as fast as they can with the least amount of dead time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.