Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Fuel gun vs Bottle? >

Fuel gun vs Bottle?

Fuel gun vs Bottle?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just have my pit guy fill the gun up the lap he calls me in. Usually he will yell up at me saying this lap at which time he fills the gun for the pit. If it is not held pointed down (like fueling the car) it will leak however much fuel gets into the vent holes. I thought I had a major problem the first time I got mine before figuring out I had better not point it around. LOL
Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anybody used the Dynamite Fuel guns and if so what are they like?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Losi one is awesome. its made with clear plastic so you can read how much and a how fast its pouring. We were testing one just blast Friday. and there was another brand of one there to and it was aluminum. You couldn't tell one way or another how much you poured. I would highly recommend a clear see threw one for sure.
I personally like the bottle if I'm to fill a car single handed. We had to double team fill ups with the gun to make up any time on hand bottle filling.
I would like to see a hand filling bottle with one spout that would be nice.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatbear
Has anybody used the Dynamite Fuel guns and if so what are they like?

I used to use a dynamite gun but when I bought my Jammin it won't fill the tank the entire way up because it shuts off too soon, but when I had my mugen it worked fine as long as I didn't swing it around. It stored right in the gallon bottle. Now I just use a bottle again. I usually just have to find a pit guy and my experience is when I hand them a gun they look at me like what am I supposed to do with this The bottle is just easier for me right now.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rather bring up a older thread instead of posting a new one so my question is, when you fill the tank up with the gun. Does the gun automatically stop when the fuel in the tank touches the gun 'barrel'?

From Pro-line website - Holds up to 170cc of fuel & dumps 135cc of fuel in just 1.5 seconds

So does this mean that 10cc of fuel is just going to over flow and be wasted? Asking because i'm looking at getting a fuel gun as it just seems easier, aim, shoot and then go

Cheers, Chaz
Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

yeah they shut off when the fuel reaches the spout.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jeremy

Chaz
Old 12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

no prob. inevitably fuel is going to spill. if your going for a quick pit stop then fuel will be lost, its just part of the game...as for the amount...it can't be more than 10-20 cc i would assume..being that i have never measured it. but whats a little spilled nitro when your on the podium???? lol
Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i use the proline fuel gun, and really like it...ive had fuel bottles cost me wins...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

I've lost because of a fuel bottle once....oh wait that was my crappy driving

I want to get the Pro Line gun one of these days. It's near the top of my extensive wish list.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Best gun hands down is the Kyosho, does not leak at all.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I haven't seen or used the Kyosho one. I like the Losi. I had the Proline but I just didn't like the shape and feel of it. I always felt like I was going to drop it. It is really a personal preference thing though. One guy who's pitted for me in the past hates using a gun. Always uses a bottle. And to be honest, I've never seen a one man pit go so fast.

Kind of a side question but related, is there any way of coloring fuel? I run Losi fuel and love it, but it's water clear. There's no way to see the level in the tank or the gun, especially at night. It'd be nice if there was a dye or something to make it red or blue without messing up the fuel. There's got to be a way since other brands are colored.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Cheers for the input guys, decided to get a RB fuel gun . Any gun must be better than my dad using a standard fuel bottle

Chaz
Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

I've tried the Proline and the Losi gun. The Proline is much faster but I have seen several that one or more of the vent tubes were cracked which made the gun leak. One of the tubes on my Proline gun was cracked so I filled the end of the tube with solder and now it works great. However, its kinda gay to have to rig a $50 fuel gun.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by re270
I've tried the Proline and the Losi gun. The Proline is much faster but I have seen several that one or more of the vent tubes were cracked which made the gun leak. One of the tubes on my Proline gun was cracked so I filled the end of the tube with solder and now it works great. However, its kinda gay to have to rig a $50 fuel gun.
i disagree, i have both and the proline is not any faster than the losi. however, the pro-line one is super fragile. when they first came out, i would see 50 of them every saturday at the track. now everybody has a losi gun because thier pro-line gun broke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.