Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I really need your help on a NEW buggy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I really need your help on a NEW buggy.

I can't decide which buggy to get.
I've been racing with a Hyper7 PBS for 2.5years and it's time for a new ride.
The problem is that i want to get one now...it's one of those moments that you can't take it out of your mind.
Mugen is definitely going for a new buggy, so is Jammin i suppose since they are trying a new truggy.
Kyosho will go for the MP8 most probably in 2008.
Losi might get an upgrade on the current design.
Hobao just released the 8.5 but i don't like the 3 spider diffs...they do add weight and rotation mass.
Of course these are all thoughts but i want to get a buggy that will stay in the scene for at least 2 years so that i can work on it and upgrade a few things...!!!

Any thoughts would really be appreciated!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
I can't decide which buggy to get.
I've been racing with a Hyper7 PBS for 2.5years and it's time for a new ride.
The problem is that i want to get one now...it's one of those moments that you can't take it out of your mind.
Mugen is definitely going for a new buggy, so is Jammin i suppose since they are trying a new truggy.
Kyosho will go for the MP8 most probably in 2008.
Losi might get an upgrade on the current design.
Hobao just released the 8.5 but i don't like the 3 spider diffs...they do add weight and rotation mass.
Of course these are all thoughts but i want to get a buggy that will stay in the scene for at least 2 years so that i can work on it and upgrade a few things...!!!

Any thoughts would really be appreciated!!!
Get either a Kyosho or Mugen. It has more hop up options like KHZ or even Fioroni. As for me, I vote for Kyosho. The 777WC is already a fantastic kit.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Yes but with the thought that they might get a new buggy out...holds me back even though i'm anxious to get a NEW buggy.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

The best value for money kit out there at the moment, plus the after sales support would have to be the OCM DT-19.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Parts aren't top quality...at least from what i've heard.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
Yes but with the thought that they might get a new buggy out...holds me back even though i'm anxious to get a NEW buggy.
I'm writing from Asia. Not sure what's popular back at your place. Next option is the Xray EC.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

The new kits are awesome quality. They did have drama's with the first batch that were made in China. Now they've moved everything to Taiwan, The quality is as good as, if not better than Mugen etc
Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey chris,

i run a losi 8ight and think you would be very happy with it,and you could garentee it will be around for a while! but, in saying that you will most probably be happy with all the top brand cars aswell.What brands are supported in your local area?

hey and for the record the OCM cars are fantastic quality,i saw kevins and theos run at the ACT state titles and they are great cars!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Wink

I have ownerd and raced several cars and I have to say the Losi is the chassis I have done the least to. It is very durable but it is not for everybody. It turns too much if you do not dial it out. I have had to stiffen it up considerably from the kit supplied setup.
No parts issues at all in over 1 year of racing. Cheap to maintain.

My second choice would be the Xray EC. You will not beat the durability and it does drive a lot like the Losi. These cars are agressive so you need to relax to go fast. Expensive.

Third would be the Mugen-R. The new ride is very good. It is heavy but it will probably be the easiest transistion for you coming from the Hyper 7 line of cars. This car likes you to push it around the track. The tell is out local guys are incredibly fast with the Mugen on old wore out rubber that I would not even think about running on my Losi. Lighten it up and you should be good to go. Expensive parts.

Hope this helps,
TEX
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

The ONLY reason i'm considering the Losi is because of weight.
Mine is around 8.36 pounds right now(3.800Kg) where the competition is around 7.8 pounds(3.550Kg).
I do like the design of the Losi but i don't think it's an advantage against the other buggies.
If i wait for the New Mugen and probably Kyosho that would mean less money in my pocket since these kits go well over $600 which is another drawback.
Prices of the Xray are way high as well.

Probably the Mugen Prospec would be the best bet...it can be found cheap these days on ebay since everyone is changing buggies and it's a well made car.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What brand/brands are supported locally?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Hyper, Xray, Jammin, Mayhem, Hong Nor, Kyosho.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hyper 8.5 is as competative a design as it gets for the money. It'll beat anything with the right driver and decent setup...

Spares and Hopup parts are generally plentiful and dirt cheap...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

X-ray XB8 EC, brand new car and its cheaper then the Mugen, Or you could wait a month or two and get the RC8. Those are my two reccomendations
Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

why don't you get the x1-cr Factory team i got to run some hot laps with it and it was dialed and the guy said all he changed from the stock settings was shock positions and put diffrent diff oil in it to hook it up and to me it is ver durable that was my first time running a buggy and lets just say the pipes would jump out in front of me and i didn't break anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.