8ight Set-up questions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8ight Set-up questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:05 PM

Default 8ight Set-up questions.

Hello all, just got back from an AWESOME day at Battlefield RC, and I have a few questions for set-up on my 8ight. Firstly I ran the XCats on this hard packed track and they were just hard compound and I left my other tires at home so I had to deal with a lot of sliding, but when I put on my other tires it will eliminate most of this. Now how can some of this sliding be removed? My car turns, flys, and handles bumps well its just I can't get the power to the ground! Also I kind of want to raise my ride height a little to give me more travel on the HUGE triple and was wondering how this would affect the handling. Also could someone explain camber toe-in out, anti-squat... etc ANY help is appreciated. Oh and in case your wondering I raced my nearly stock 8ight rtr against the kits with 500 dollar engines and 3pk radios and placed 3rd and 4th... also I had a lil 8 year old as my pit man and he just couldn't handle the pressure and got me passed several times but hey I can't blame him, this weekend I am taking my friend who is knowledgable about rc and all my tires to get a perfect set-up for sunday. (big money race! )
Old 08-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=130112

All the 8ight info you will need. Also ask questions in there as well
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In offroad there is usually always some sliding around. More so usually on outdoor tracks than indoor tracks. You should just use the correct tires for the track and you will be able to get a good amount of power to the ground.

There is tunning manual in the back of the Losi 8ight manual is that good and should answer most of your questions on camber, anti-squat and stuff. Setup is a compromise. You should always try one thing at a time.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM

thanks for not just redirecting me somewhere and answein my ?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The redirection was my way of helping you out bud, there is a LOT of setup information about the handling of the car in the 8ight thread, i wasnt just palming you off just for the record..... Problem is with forums is if everyone just opens up a new topic over a question that is well covered there will be hundreds of them to sift through, which im sure if you read through the forum rules you would understand.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok I am assuming that you are still runniung the stock toe plate. I would highly reccommend going to a 3A/3T or a 2A/2T toe plate. This will make the car accelerate harder jump higher and handle better in general.

Another thing that I would recommend is run 25wt oil and 56 pistons in the rear with either green or black springs. This will make the rear end of the car EXTREMELY planted. This should help.

PM me with anymore questions and I will get you situated to the best of my ability.