Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
AXE rossi and novarossi. >

AXE rossi and novarossi.

AXE rossi and novarossi.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cant really tell you how to tune the midrange. The best advice is if you ever do touch it only slight adjustments if you move it an hour it will cause you to need to retune your engine. The midrange needle controls the transition from bottom end to top. I had an engine that would get on the pipe as soon as you pulled the trigger but yet richening the top end needle even just a little would cause it to bog and blubber. I found the midrange on that engine was the problem turning the midrange a couple hours counter clockwise completely changed the engine. After doing that I was able to lean the top end needle out considerably and get a smooth controllable midrange.

Ive found the Cobra likes being run in the higher temp ranges I usually achieved a good tune in the 250-260F range. During which it would run easily 8-9 minutes on 125cc of fuel.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh and dont tune by temp. I have a temp gun but its a cheapy and I usually only use it during the first few tanks I run through an engine to make sure I'm getting them hot enough. Running an engine cold during break in is a bad idea.

The Cobra was so tight when new I couldnt get it to run good under 290F but eventually as the pinch wore away it cooled down significantly.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Before breaking it in with nitro, i prefer a pre break in. a break in before the break in. First i remove the plug heat it with a hair dryer, pour oil in the plug hole, cover the hole with foam. start it with a tarter box for a long until it gets a little lose, if you think it's time to use nitro for the real break in, heat it again with the hair dryer. you will notice the pinch will be less and then can be started with the starterbox. (the gradual you break the engine in the better! and the longer it will last. specially if you the time to replace the air filter replace it with a clean one. i always have spare air filters ( i frequently replace them when it's time to). i have two other spare airfilters always with me. This is how i take care of my Cobra.