Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno US Sport RTR VS Ho Bao Hyper 8 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Inferno US Sport RTR VS Ho Bao Hyper 8 RTR

I'm thinking to buy either one of this buggy but dunno what to choose. Can anyone give the suggestion and reason why. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azmin
I'm thinking to buy either one of this buggy but dunno what to choose. Can anyone give the suggestion and reason why. Thanks in advance.
I used to own a US Sport RTR. If you are using it just for bashing purpose, this buggy is a good jumper. the 0.28 stock engine is fantastically powerful. It's a decent RTR but not fantastic in terms of turning radius. The stock servos are not that good.

If you are on a budget, probably the H8 may be a better option. The only comment on the H8 is that the buggy is heavy.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The H8 will be far better than the sport.
Kyosho always cut corners to keep the price down. They have soft metal gears and a soft Chassis . The H8 is better built and have better standard Chassis. Yep the sport i had was garbage.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadRacer
The H8 will be far better than the sport.
Kyosho always cut corners to keep the price down. They have soft metal gears and a soft Chassis . The H8 is better built and have better standard Chassis. Yep the sport i had was garbage.
I wouldn't say that the US Sport gears are soft. I had a Vspec powering the car with no issues to the gears. The problem with the chassis is that there is only the rear brace put in and it is very weak. No front brace was added. I installed 2 777WC braces and the chassis was much stiffer.

Anyhow, some work has to be done to the US Sport vs the H8. That's why it's like cutting corners to keep price down.....
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

I had the same happen with my sport. Overall it is a very good basher and if you add the front and rear braces the performance is improved.