R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

I would expect to see a new Mugen buggy no sooner than the end of next year. I really doubt it will be out until after Worlds in 2008. The new Kyosho I would expect to see before spring 2008. From what I hear the Jammin will not change unless they release an updated kit with the super bore shocks they are working on (the same ones we have seen on the prototype truggy).

Of course the Losi is still pretty new and they tend to keep designs around for a couple of years and the Associated will be out in a month or so. The Hyper 8.5 is new and a refined version of the Hyper 8. The Xray is also pretty new so I would think it will be current until at least after Worlds.

Any of these cars will be good. Ideally you would want to try several and see which one handles the way you want a car to handle. They can all turn pretty equal lap times when properly setup and driven. Some excel on certain surfaces while others are more consistent across all surfaces.
windellmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Maybe think out the box??.....................

The new M1B Turbo is being shipped out to LHS 's all over now,
These come with the upgrades already on and made from the new, high quality plastics.

Now it's stong, agile and fast.(Easy to work on too! )

Check it out.......

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...0002&pageNum=1

British Menace
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default OCM KAOS DT-19

I FEEL LIKE THE KAOS IS A GREAT BUGGY FOR THE MONEY. THE SUPPORT THAT OCM GIVES THERE CAR OWNERS IS BY FAR THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS BUY ONE OF THE USED CARS ON HERE AND GIVE IT A SHOT. ALAN DOES A GREAT JOB AND WILL HELP ANYONE WITH CAR.

THANKS
MATT
MattOCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I would go with the xb8 ec. I have a xb8 tq and it is awesome. Im going to get the ec conversion kit for mine in a couple of weeks. The car is just built so good, and it is very durable. My next choice would be waiting for the rc8.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

i would go with a mugen MBX5R....and no i do not own one so its not a bias opinion...i have a jammin X1CR and am very happy with it...
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BTW ~ I think that the US version of the Hyper 8.5 is coming with 'standard' diffs, not spiders or torsen... Just like the US Hyper 8s did...

Oh, and I am biased with this recommendation. I own a Hyper 8 that has 95% of the upgrades that come with the 8.5 (I have Jammin' FTE big bores instead of the new HoBao BBs). I've raced it quite a bit. Never has there been an instance where I've said to myself that I need to sell mine and get buggy 'x' because its obviously better/faster...

Maybe this helps you.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi...i am just starting the offroad thingy. i got a nice bargain on a used mbx5 , so anything u guys wanna say? thanks
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote