Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sportwerks Mayhem Rear driveshaft= lot of play? >

Sportwerks Mayhem Rear driveshaft= lot of play?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sportwerks Mayhem Rear driveshaft= lot of play?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sportwerks Mayhem Rear driveshaft= lot of play?

Anyone experience that the driveshaft can pop out? It seems like the rear drive shaft for my buggy is too short...
It can slide in and out. When going the driveshaft is slide up the center diff, it can go so far in that it will probably pop out if im giving it throttle under loadl
Old 08-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys can you check your rear driveshaft for me?
My driveshaft can slide up in the center diff, it can go so far in that it will probably pop out of the rear coupling of the rear differential if im giving it throttle under load. To remedy this I had to move the rear coupling forward(the one that attaches to the rear differental) so that when the driveshaft slides forward it wouldn't pop out. Do you guys have a lot of play in your rear driveshaft? The front driveshafe design is good because it doesn't move but my rear one can slide in and out so much! Could it be possible that when my car is accelerating the rear driveshaft will be slung way into the back and not towards the center differential?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have cvd's in the rear just like in the front. of you have the dog bone it should be ok
Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the dogbones. It slides up and down too much. Maybe there is a cvd rear driveshaft I can buy then...
Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yup theyre the same ones as the front.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

do you have o-rings in the diff cups for the center and rear diffs? i believe the shock o-rings are the size that should be in there.if not,put one in each diff cup and then put your center dogbone in.hopefully that should take care of some of that play.the dogbone should not be in there very tight.should be a little loose to compensate for any flex in the chassis when running.hope this helps out.if not.keep on writing with as much information as possible.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

I have a mayhem and I don't have anything holding my dog bones in and they are just fine so I don't know what you have going on
Old 08-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mine seemed loose too but never fell out.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tsanc10
do you have o-rings in the diff cups for the center and rear diffs? i believe the shock o-rings are the size that should be in there.if not,put one in each diff cup and then put your center dogbone in.hopefully that should take care of some of that play.the dogbone should not be in there very tight.should be a little loose to compensate for any flex in the chassis when running.hope this helps out.if not.keep on writing with as much information as possible.
I dont have the oring, i think im just going to put some fuel tubing in there.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

let me know what if that helps