Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Poll: OS V-Spec or Novarossi P5X >

Poll: OS V-Spec or Novarossi P5X

Poll: OS V-Spec or Novarossi P5X

Old 08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have two Novarossi 21-5 JP's 2007 versions and a os Vspec team EB Mod2007 versions. I must say after reading the above posts that all readers should keep in mind that we must compare apples to apples. Who knows how well each person has broken in and maintained thier motors to get the reults they are saying.

I know this , that a properly broken in and maintained motor from Novarossi or O.S should give you easily 4-7 gallons before you pinch. You do not need to buy a modded motor to have succses becouse I have been beaten by them with a better driver.

The O.S is definately easy to tune but if you want a motor for the long term there is nothing that lasts as long as a Novarossi and even better for more ballistic speed a Novarossi JP. I have had them all and they all are good motors if used properly. But if I had to spend someone elses money wisely it would be a stock Novarossi, then RB then O.S.

S.Price
Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for bringing this up r6ryder. I am in the same boat right now. I was leaning towards the Novarossi but have heard that the Vspec has more power and a smoother power band. If a gallon of life longer isnt an issue would the novarossi still be the choice?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

trust me go with the novarossi!!!!!! ive never been run down on the straight by a Vspec, maybe a Werks B7, but not a Vspec....
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

i love it when people rant how they get 10 gallons out of an engine that turns 39,000 rpm with exsesive heat of 220-280 deg.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

if you like to replace bearings alot , buy os if you want an engine that will run and run and run , buy novarossi . there is no higher quality . and if you ever have questions about nova engines , pm me , i am very knowledgeable and personal friend of jim hottinger
later , monty
Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

No offense, but seeing that one of your sponsors is Novarossi, its very difficult to believe that you'd have an unbiased opinion.....

Originally Posted by houston
if you like to replace bearings alot , buy os if you want an engine that will run and run and run , buy novarossi . there is no higher quality . and if you ever have questions about nova engines , pm me , i am very knowledgeable and personal friend of jim hottinger
later , monty
Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love my V-Specs. Put the ceramic bearings in and there ready to rock.
But when you say that a certain engine hasnt run you down. its not really about that engine, theres more to the car than the engine, like gearing, tire grip, etc... I love novas and RBs to.
Just stick to OS, Novarossi, and RB. You will have no problems at all.
its really up to you, both are great engiens, but anything can happen to any mass produced engine. But you cant go wrong with the V-Spec. Ive owned 5 and all have ran like champs. All pooping out at around the 5-6 gallon mark. Average for a V-Spec.

nate
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my friend is running an OS v-spec, but i've never had a chance to drive it. but i have the regular P5XS in my 8, and i love it. Great power all around, and the top-end is good. I'm running the long header w/ the 9886 pipe and it's a beauty.

I would find the motor that best suits you.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

I have a JP Novarossi P5 and love it. Easy to tune
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Legend

I gona get the Os ...

why ?

Because they cost half the price & go faster ......
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It really depends on how u tune and maintain your engines.I have had many vspecs and they all lasted a very long time averaging 8 gallons on stock engines and 11 gallons on my jp mod vspec.

Kforce is correct the new speed motors are fantastic and seem to last forever,not forgetting the awesome mileage and power.

You can never doubt a novarossi engine they are fantastic motors, although can be slightly difficult to tune sometimes,are pretty reliable and very powerful.

its a tough call between those 2 motors but i would say get the OS extremely quick and in my experience very durable and reliable.

hope i helped you with your decision
Old 08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

V-Spec

Theres nothing wrong with a P5x but I just love the V-Spec because its very smooth and the incredible fuel mileage.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink

Get the happy comprimise, the O.S Vpsec EB MOD. For the little extra you get a hand tuned ballanced motor that gives at least 10 gallons of ballistic speed, easy to tune and better resale.

S.Price
Old 08-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
thats nothing to write home to mom about....most of the guys in my local area running RB's and Nova's have been getting 6-7 before a pinch and then another 3-4 more....most every Vspec ive seen have not made it over 3 gallons and the VG's now thats a joke 1-2 and very seldom do they make 2....
needing a pinch around 3 gallons seems to be the theme from the people I know personally who have had them. Dont know if I would want to take the chance knowing the Novarossi Plus 5 has the same power and will last longer.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

so why is it only a select few can get any mileage out of the Vspec????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.