Wiki Posts
Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default OCM KAOS VIDEO

Here is a short video of Team OCM USA manager Alan Burton Strolling to the victory at the finals in the Alabama Borderwars Points series .....It looked like the kaos was on rails and it didnt take Buton long to work his way through the pack and walk away with the win ......enjoy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J3BC6Boasgk

Last edited by zixxer; 08-18-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is it just me or were there only like 4 cars in that race?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looked to me there was only 4 other cars also looking at the competition all he had to do was stay on his wheels as the others were crashing every where Lets see it at a Major champs with team drivers
Old 08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

you guys are mean

it was near the end of the main, so prob the other 6 cars already bomb out
Old 08-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkeeryJones
you guys are mean

it was near the end of the main, so prob the other 6 cars already bomb out

and so there was one smart person that read the post .....30 min main 13 buggies
Old 08-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Suspended

Must've been a pretty low level of competition if 8 drivers dropped out
Old 08-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

There's some pretty harsh words here...

Who hasn't flamed out or broke during a main regardless or experience. I've seen sponsored guys break, flame-out, or other situations that had them out....

To assume it was a "low level of competition" comes from someone that really hasn't raced much....
Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

i still will not buy an ocm after the magor problems i had with mine heck it was shipped to me in an old shoe box not the cool mugen bag they showed it the pics.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bushyar15

Who hasn't flamed out or broke during a main regardless or experience. I've seen sponsored guys break, flame-out, or other situations that had them out....

To assume it was a "low level of competition" comes from someone that really hasn't raced much....
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong when you say I don't have alot of experience, so please don't talk about what you don't know. Besides, I was only kidding, note the emoticon...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

point is the car finished first, the other thing is OCM are very good with after purchase support.

the car has made A mains in big & small races world-wide in the hands of very different drivers as far as abilty is concerned.

OCM are very commited to the product they (the people) are very much racers them selves.

now cause OCM is a newer company to the market people feel they are second rate & feel the need to bash the product, when infact OCM have got on top & have fixed any issues that have come about, faster than any of the "large" manufacturers ever have. now OCM have put together CARE PACKAGES to send out to all that purchased the car. many other CO's could learn a thing or two from these people in-relation to customer support.

at the end of the day people get all political over toy cars, whilst competition is always a healthy thing i think its certain people spoil it for others.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Oh, I apologize, I meant to say, "Not much experience racing Nitro". There's a difference between racing nitro vs. electric.

See that emoticon....it means I j/k.....

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong when you say I don't have alot of experience, so please don't talk about what you don't know. Besides, I was only kidding, note the emoticon...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bushyar15

agried the compettition was pretty high for local racing.....i quess alot of peolple just post alot ...any ways just wanted to post some video of the ocm .....its an awesome ride ...not sure about the shoebox thing and the parts that they did have a problem with have been updated ......and are available ......the real problems were a little to soft plastic in the diff housings which caused a heat and expansion issue and then the diff cups were just a touch to short ..other than that really there arent many problems with the kit .....and all the new kits are updated and those parts are available ....seems like most of the people who are running them are having good things to say later
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flysti
point is the car finished first, the other thing is OCM are very good with after purchase support.

the car has made A mains in big & small races world-wide in the hands of very different drivers as far as abilty is concerned.

OCM are very commited to the product they (the people) are very much racers them selves.

now cause OCM is a newer company to the market people feel they are second rate & feel the need to bash the product, when infact OCM have got on top & have fixed any issues that have come about, faster than any of the "large" manufacturers ever have. now OCM have put together CARE PACKAGES to send out to all that purchased the car. many other CO's could learn a thing or two from these people in-relation to customer support.

at the end of the day people get all political over toy cars, whilst competition is always a healthy thing i think its certain people spoil it for others.

absolutely agried.....its nice to have an input and be able to get parts updated on a new product ...and the customer support is awesome ...alot of times people hate based on r/c cars they dont own ...its easy to do that .....and your right ocm seems to be winning lots of races world wide and here in the states ....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Love the "fast" line through pit lane Congrats on the win.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Regards the "problems" with the OCM.

The buggy has only been available in the US since late march and every one of the initial issues have not only been addressed, but anyone who bought one before the fixes were implemented can get a free update kit simply for the asking. I've been fooling with 8th buggy since the MP6 and I have never seen a new buggy without some issues, but OCM is the only maker I've seen who not only got the issues figured out and corrected very quickly, they are also giving early supporters of their product the fix for free. They even ship it on their dime.

All of the initial problems with getting the kits and parts out to owners were not the fault of the maker or Burton, it was all on the distributor which is why that relationship was disolved as soon as the problem was identified and responsibility shifted to the race team manager to insure the distribution problem was also solved in a timely manner.

In short, OCM is totally committed to a quality product and a reliable (and quick), distribution system and has no problem putting their money (and rep), where their mouth is.

Try to keep these facts in mind next time you order a new MP777 or MBX5R, and the factory and aftermarket hopups you need to make the car raceworthy. There are issues with the MP series which date back to the Turbo Burns, same with the Mugen, they are still using the same iffy diff cups and soft cast internal diff gears which first appeared in the MBX4. Considering the length of time these issues have been known, one can only assume the makers simply don't care enough about their customers/product to correct them.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and dogpile on the new kid on the block, what seems to be hard for so many these days is giving credit where it's due.

***soapbox returned to the stowed and locked position.***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.