R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #1411
Tech Elite
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,719
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

evo blanc set-up page

__________________
//JQ The Car forever/ Soar //Protek-Ace-JR
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #1412
Tech Adept
 
bmoneyxxxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default super

i have my 2c on the "super" it sounds like this

http://imsuper.ytmnd.com/
bmoneyxxxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 AM   #1413
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

awesome guys!

I just need ideas to look at, to brain storm with.

OCM "evo 2" factory team edition.

So it is the OCM, evo 2 version and will have a sticker or design on the box that signifies "Factory Team" version.

We designed and ran a couple runs of proto towers(CARBON FIBER) lastnight. Shooting to save a little weight and add a bit different look while keeping the same overall geometry.

stay tuned!
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #1414
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

vid from the pro amain @ RC PRO round 2. Not very good on the closeups but should show my buggy and dave Liekams OCM's pop up in 2 or third..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T7XMVcABhcc
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #1415
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just got a OCM Buggy from ebay to use as a demo for my customers at tracks to run and test out the OCM but I have a couple questions. I will be posting pics in a little bit but a couple things I noticed was the shock towers are rectangular and bigger than the current OCM buggies I have in stock and also the OCM on the radio tray is not machined into the aluminum but printed on. Also the front and rear lower a-arms had different webbing the the current one. The last thing I notices was the upper arms have set screws in them to tighten down on the hinge pin. Also the ackerman plate has different bolts that hold it down too. Which generation OCM buggy is this?

MAIN THING I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BUGGY LIKE WEAK POINTS, BAD PARTS THAT SHOULD BE UPGRADED TO CURRENT SPEC ETC.

Thanks guys and pics should be up soon for you guys to see.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #1416
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here are some pics









__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #1417
Tech Elite
 
slaytanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,171
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

That is the 1 gen Kaos. Go to Amian and order the EVO upgrade kit. It's on sale. You will be good to go!
__________________
Team Epic
Team Terribles~Answer RC~Fastlane Graphics~Torco Race Fuels
XB808 Mamba Max Pro/Tekin 1900kv RC-monster mount and tray 4s
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #1418
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
That is the 1 gen Kaos. Go to Amian and order the EVO upgrade kit. It's on sale. You will be good to go!
Do you know the part number? I cannot find it on the site. What does it include?
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #1419
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,080
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Do you know the part number? I cannot find it on the site. What does it include?
Bro, your current 4mm CVDs are much more stronger compared to the EVO's 3.5mm ones.

EVO kit includes 3 alum. wing mount spacers, 4 shock shaft, bodies and caps, Blue springs, front and rear shock towers. As well as threaded hinge pins
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #1420
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I guess I will be keeping those CVD's. Well it has the threaded hinge pins on the rear hubs already and the rest are captured like the current ones. So the only real difference is the shock towers then? What is different about the shock shafts? The rear wing mount is much wider on mine than the current one, the wing mount spacers that come with the kit make it like the newer one? Just wanting to know if it is worth getting the upgrade kit so people who would be driving what is currently available for sale now or should it still drive the same and just leave it alone? I remember reading about earlier models having broken arms and hubs and stuff. I was wondering if these arms on it are those old ones. Then I would just buy newer ones to replace them.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #1421
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 554
Default

The arms on that buggy don't look like OCM (possibly mugen) I don't know.
The Evo does drive a fair bit different to the model you have. Geometry had been changed and had more droop and up travel.
For the cost of evo upgrade, I personally would do it, as the older version imo does the new evo an injustice when comparing them both on the track.
__________________
Kev Lewis,
I'd like to thank my personal Sponsors :-AKA Tyres Australia, Ryper Hobbies and Just Hobbies
The Gear :- Associated RC8 B3 powered by OS Engines
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #1422
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,080
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
I guess I will be keeping those CVD's. Well it has the threaded hinge pins on the rear hubs already and the rest are captured like the current ones. So the only real difference is the shock towers then? What is different about the shock shafts? The rear wing mount is much wider on mine than the current one, the wing mount spacers that come with the kit make it like the newer one? Just wanting to know if it is worth getting the upgrade kit so people who would be driving what is currently available for sale now or should it still drive the same and just leave it alone? I remember reading about earlier models having broken arms and hubs and stuff. I was wondering if these arms on it are those old ones. Then I would just buy newer ones to replace them.
Well, yours is a 2nd gen. First gen had different shock towers (most shock position compared to yours. EVO has the least). As for plastics, break 'em before buying new ones

As for the wing mount spacers, they just bring the two plastic braces closer to each other. The EVO shock bodies and shafts allow more travel. And that's about it. Perhaps you'd be better off with Hong Nor/Jammin's big bores
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #1423
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

There was never a problem with the plastic on the arms....the bulkheads were crap.

Who exactly did you buy it from? If it's a 1st or 2nd run kit it possibly will have defective bulkheads, springs that are waaaaay too soft and diff outdrives that are 3mm too short.


The EVO kit is well worth the money and does make a dramatic difference in handeling. Shocks are longer, shock geometry is very different allowing more down travel and alot more uptravel. And we've had no issues with the 3.5mm cvd's.....I've got 10+ gallons on mine right now.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #1424
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
There was never a problem with the plastic on the arms....the bulkheads were crap.

Who exactly did you buy it from? If it's a 1st or 2nd run kit it possibly will have defective bulkheads, springs that are waaaaay too soft and diff outdrives that are 3mm too short.


The EVO kit is well worth the money and does make a dramatic difference in handeling. Shocks are longer, shock geometry is very different allowing more down travel and alot more uptravel. And we've had no issues with the 3.5mm cvd's.....I've got 10+ gallons on mine right now.
Got it from a guy named Charles Dunaway. Does that help any? Any way I can tell if the bulkheads or defective? On the diff outdrives you mean the ones from the front diff to the wheels and read diff to the wheels? I can tell if they are too short by pushing up the arms and seeing of the axles look like they will pop out right?
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #1425
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Got it from a guy named Charles Dunaway. Does that help any? Any way I can tell if the bulkheads or defective? On the diff outdrives you mean the ones from the front diff to the wheels and read diff to the wheels? I can tell if they are too short by pushing up the arms and seeing of the axles look like they will pop out right?
Take the bulkhead apart and squeeze it together....if it bends enough to almost touch the two side together it's no good.


Yes on the outdrives....from the diffs to the wheels. At full droop or full compression they shouldn't even come close to the end of thoutdrives.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO vino1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-16-2008 08:46 AM
OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO vino1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-11-2008 02:38 PM
~~~~~~~/~~/~ OCM Kaos EVO ~/~~/~~~~~~~ Brandon Powell R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-27-2008 07:08 AM
OCM KAOS!!! nik77356 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2007 04:30 PM
so whatever happened to the IP cells dominating the electric market hype? UCHEATULOSE Electric On-Road 34 05-06-2006 02:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net