R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #961
Tech Initiate

That looks like the Kaos DT-19. They came out with some EVO upgrades that included some modified shock towers, longer shocks, and a narrow wing stay, which that one does not have. It looks like the exhaust pipe stay is broken where it would connect to the pipe...that's all I saw from the pics.
pinbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #962
Tech Regular

is there any performance difference between them? and why did they change the design? im pretty sure this is an old pic... how much would the upgrades be? and do they sell like an evo upgrade kit or anything? I REALLY want an OCM and ... just help me out lol
lanerbrainer205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #963
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Yeah, I have an EVO upgrade kit but haven't installed them. The stock shock towers (front and rear) have more shock positions and much more beefier, so are the CVDs. Still, I don't know why I bought them LOL. Maybe someone here has noticed the difference in performance? Thanks!
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #964
Tech Regular

how much is the evo kit?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #965
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205 View Post
how much is the evo kit?
Checkout http://www.amainhobbies.com I got mine quite some time ago......
Old 02-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #966
Tech Regular

Thanks! so how is performance someone? anyone got some inputs or reviews on these buggies too? I love the look of the quality on the OCM and no ugly purple or blue ano just nice black with silver lining!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #967
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

The biggest advantage of the Evo kit a slight increase in suspension down travel...and ALOT of uptravel. This helps the buggy absorb the rough stuff without upsetting the chassis as much....a huge plus on rougher tracks.

The kit in the pics you posted may have the old bulkheads....the plastic was too soft and caused the gear mesh to open up after the plastic heated up. I would ask if they have been upgraded. Hope this helps.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #968
Tech Initiate

Shane is right. The EVO upgrades gave the suspension more travel, especially a lot more uptravel. I held on to my EVO upgrade set for months before installing it, because the car handled so well as it came. I finally installed the EVO upgrades and it seems to help out, expecially on rough, blown out tracks.
pinbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #969
Tech Regular

It is 6 months old... does it have the old plastic?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #970
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
The biggest advantage of the Evo kit a slight increase in suspension down travel...and ALOT of uptravel. This helps the buggy absorb the rough stuff without upsetting the chassis as much....a huge plus on rougher tracks.

The kit in the pics you posted may have the old bulkheads....the plastic was too soft and caused the gear mesh to open up after the plastic heated up. I would ask if they have been upgraded. Hope this helps.
I was wondering does this happen to other bugies? Secondly, do you guys prefer hump or flat packs? I'm running flat, but was wondering whether I should get a new Rx pack in hump configuration
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #971
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Razor, I run a flat pack. I dont really think it makes much of a difference what you run. I like to think that running the flat pack may help out a little bit on the center of gravity. thanks Adam Kasch

Mugen MBX7R ECO/Nitro, Hitec, Sanwa, Jconcepts Tires, OS Speed, Bones Fuel, Fantom
Adim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #972
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_clawzz View Post
I was wondering does this happen to other bugies? Secondly, do you guys prefer hump or flat packs? I'm running flat, but was wondering wheter I should get a new Rx pack in hump configuration

I use a hump pack. The only advantage to a flat pack is lower center of gravity....most racers won't be able to tell the difference.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #973
Tech Master

hahahaha I brought this up after I saw Mugen's MBX5R rx batt compartment....seems like Mugen wanted to equalize the left-right CG by putting in a hump pack next to the motor I guess it's up to the mindset and CG paranoia
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #974
Tech Addict

That DT-19 looks like version 1 which had the old shock towers, crown/pinion and bulkheads.
In Australia and I'm not sure about the states but when the car had the upgraded taiwanese gears/bulkheads the outdrives were a silver type colour and that was a good indicator that it was a newer version... In saying that the newest version of the dt19 now have black outdrives too but are obviously longer than the old black ones. (unfortunately I don't have measurements on me to give you)
So basically if that buggy has black outdrives front and rear and thick front and rear driveshafts (not thin ones with a raised bubble half way down drive shaft) I would say that is the old kit.
Evo Upgrade is relatively inexpensive but then you may also need if it is version 1 new crown / pinion gears, new bulkheads, new front centre/rear centre driveshafts, new spur gear and new front rear driveshafts as the new ones are lighter and have a significent performance increase.
You maybe better off selling your losi and getting a brand spanker ocm. Bang for ya buck, you honestly can't beat em.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #975
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

what is the owners name and I may can track down the batch # for you
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote