R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #826
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

just a little info guys...

the newest run of buggies have the new OCM dish will included in them. They are white. We will however offer Yellow and black as well.

Talk to you guys soon!
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #827
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

there is another big race at CRCRC this weekend if anyone is interested, my biggy did not run as good as i hoped at the midwest champs so ill be there punishing the track and the drivers that i let slip away last weekend.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #828
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to CHogle

there is another big race at CRCRC this weekend if anyone is interested, my biggy did not run as good as i hoped at the midwest champs so ill be there punishing the track and the drivers that i let slip away last weekend.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #829
Tech Initiate

Alan just wanted to say good luck in ATL and the rest of the ocm team!! I wish i could go but its a bit of a drive for me! It was good racin with you at crcrc. I think we all had a great time and good weekend!
jay75021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #830
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (92%+)

HEY ALAN SENT YOU AN EMAIL ,THANKS LAQUAN
icemandolmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #831
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

hey guys just about a week before the ATL race. who is ready to go.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
hey guys just about a week before the ATL race. who is ready to go.

My equipment is ready.....still need to work on the driver though.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #833
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

ok guys I am thouroughly impressed by the kaos buggy. I am thinking about buying one but is it going to be competitve right out of the box against the other manufactures like kyosho, mugen, xray, associated, losi, and jammin. How durable are the parts? Is OCM going to stick with a buggy for a while or are they going to change cars like the weather, like other manufactures do. I am an onroad guy and I own a kyosho and I know they make good cars but I just can't sit and justify spending almost $700 on a buggy or truggy in that fact and on top of that buy the necessary option parts to make it tuned to a track. Its seems like the kaos has most of everything already there for one the price is awsome, the parts look like they are high quality only judging from pictures, and it looks easy to work on. My main concern is parts quality and availability and are there alot of you guys running them to get tech support and setups for.
antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I am sponsored by OCM America now, but I wasn't last season.

I primarily run Truggy but for the 2007 Colorado State Nitro Championships I figured I'd run a buggy since there would be lots of time to do so.

I bought the OCM a week or two before. Did a check out run at a local track and brought it to the State Race. During the qualifiers I was amazed just how easy it was to drive. So, easy that I qualified 2nd in the Buggy A-Main Sportsmans class! Bad luck would strike during the A-main as my engines crankcase cracked...

I ran it many times after that successfully. It is extremely durable. I even noticed during the State race last year that I had a cracked arm. I had no idea how long it was like that, but it never let me down...

Now my situation allows me to buy whatever truggy/buggy I want. I can keep as many as I want. I've owned and run a couple of RC8s too, but I'm such a believer in OCM and the buggy that I applied for sponsorship.

I now only run OCM products.

BTW, Alan Burton and his customer support is second to none. I've not experienced the quality or level of support that Alan and OCM America provides by ANY 8th scale nitro manufacturer.

Its a great buggy, you won't be dissappointed!
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #835
Tech Initiate

Antone, You will be impressed with this buggy dont let the price scare you away. You are getting what you pay for then some. This is a great buggy i have seen nothing but good things coming from the car and ocm! For technical support Alan Burton will be there for anything you need he stands behind this car 100%! And if you need setups there are plenty of guys out there that can help you with that. I am now a part of the OCM Team and dropped my RC8 thats how confident i am in this buggy! Well i hope that helps you and if you have any questions you can email me if you would like. Gixxer75021@hotmail.com. Or email Alan Burton at teamocmracingusa@gmail.com
Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #836
Tech Elite

its good to see you guys lending a helping hand. and i will agree with the rest of the guys the car is do under rated the quality is second to none and AB gives 100% to the guys and the people running them, and if you need any help you can also contact me. good racing.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #837
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The OCM buggy is nothing short of awesome!! I bought my car used from a friend with about 2-2 1/2 gallons on it, and i put 2-2 1/2 gallons on it. And in those 4-5 gallons on the car, i don't think we ever broke one part on it. The car is so durable. Alan stands behind the car like nothing I have ever seen before. No other company i have seen has had customer support this good.
nik77356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #838
Tech Initiate

Dpowers,I seen that you have ran the cobra tires. What kind of feed back do you have on those tires as far as handling and wear??
Old 01-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #839
Tech Elite

i really like the tires and the wear is very good i like the vipers the best but for the track conditions i used them on, they compared right next to the m3 bowties they are good tires.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #840
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

I've got 7+ gallons on my diffs, 4 gallons on this set of plastics and the only reason I've changed plastic is because they get beat up looking and it bothers me. I still have all my old plastic as spares. The only part I've broke is a rear upright and a bent rear shock shaft......that happens when a truggy smashes you from behind running full wood. You will be very happy with OCM in every way, should you choose to try this buggy. I'm soooo much faster than I was with my Mugen.

Our team guys are always hanging around one of these forums waiting to help people with useful info....and even though most of us have never met...we all seem to get along. That's a sign of a strong team.

SK
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote