R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #2011
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbuster View Post
Has anybody formed an opinion on the Caster or SX8 big bore shocks being used on the OCM buggy/truggy? If you have experience with both, which worked better, or were both a direct fit?
Well I tried the Caster Big Bores on a NIB OCM Evo I have (anyone interested $310) and they do NOT work. The front shocks are too short, you will have NO droop at all. The SX8 shocks are a direct fit and work perfectly.

On the OCM Truggy the Caster Big Bores will NOT work either. The front shocks are fine but the rear shocks are too short, not enough droop. I personally rung the SX8 shocks on my OCM truggy and fit perfect and work perfect, way better than the stock shocks I had on there.

SX8 shocks come will all mounting hardware and springs too. Pinbuster, I can get you a set for your OCM. If interested PM me.

Chris
Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #2012
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Well people keep saying they have not seen any indication of OCM wanting to be in the US and like I have said before, they sent me $4500 worth of "just parts" for the time being for OCM owners to keep them up and running and I DID NOT have to pay them a Penny! I do not know about you but that should mean something. They contact "me" almost every 2-3 weeks to keep me updated and let them know what has sold. I know stuff I cannot repeat but they are like I said before supposedly speaking with people interested in being a distributor.
I didn't mean to leave you out as a potential source of OCM parts. The fact that you have parts available has basically kept me from liquidating my current inventory and moving on to something else. While I applaud OCM for trying keep current owners running by supplying you with parts, I really would like to see something from them. Something along the lines of "Hey folks, just letting you know we (OCM corporate) have not forgotten about you. We have some exciting things in the works and we expect to tell you something tangible on <some day> in <some month>. " It's not much but it would be something.

By the way, I recently purchased a Caster ZX-1 off one of the members here but haven't had a chance to take it to the track for a real test (rain and then more rain here in Illinois). The neighbors have seen and heard it run and they are anxious for me to take it to the track as well. One thing I noticed about the diffs is that they have the same diameter outdrive shaft as the MBX5 series of buggies. The diffs will fit in the OCM but it has to be the whole diff due to this difference in outdrive shaft size. They will, however, let me try the MBX5T truggy gears in either of these buggies finally.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 AM   #2013
Tech Addict

I do hear ya. In all fairness though OCM Int'l did put out a statement saying as much. They don't want to put time limits on themselves and rush into something/someone that could do the same to them in 12 months time.
I'm in regular discussion with both Theo and Didian and to be fair what directors of a manufacturer do get on forums. They'd be open slather and constantly having to justify themselves which is why you don't see mr mugen or mr associated etc on here.
I will say this though. OCM's commitment to quality and a race ready machine is No 1 priority. Didian and Theo are very determined people. For OCM to get where they are with not forgetting as a company are only a year or 2 old is pretty bloody awesome. All they need is loyalty and support in return off customers / distributors / shops and drivers etc and they will be allowed the success they deserve.
In Australia we are really kicking goals due to the fact that we're with the racing comunity week in week out and the team we now have on board is far better than anything we've had before. Again it just came down to loyalty and support and not having stupid unrealistic expectations.
Also for the record I have no idea why you guys are percerveering with the truggy. It is not a proper kit and until OCM release it officially it is definately not something you should judge OCM on. If some old team drivers wanted to make a quick buck out of something that was never charged for by ocm int'l then again that's out of OCM's control.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #2014
Tech Initiate

Chris,

I'm going to get you to send me a set of the SX8 big bores. I'm interested in giving them a try. Sending email now.

Thanks.
pinbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:00 AM   #2015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tested 10.000/3.500/2500 last we
was not bad , stil more hugging if the inside pipes
but center diff hauls on a big track

Last edited by speedy2; 10-01-2008 at 05:25 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #2016
Tech Adept

hey guys

just thought i would pop this in. Its the Australian OCM website with a forum for all to use.

http://www.ocmracing.com.au/

cheers

Marty.
cm27456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #2017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Soapy tried 7000/7000/5000 and it rocks too
but needs experts hand
with +2mm extention hubs at the rear

Last edited by speedy2; 12-26-2008 at 08:16 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #2018
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anybody know if the lightened evo buggy chassis will work on the truggy? Thanks
OCMACE94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #2019
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMACE94 View Post
Anybody know if the lightened evo buggy chassis will work on the truggy? Thanks
I do not think so. I am pretty sure the Truggy chassis is longer than the buggy therefore the driveshafts would not fit.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #2020
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have basically 2 OCM truggys I need to sell. One is complete with some really nice non ocm add ons that I race. The other one is all in parts at the moment. If anyone is interested shoot me an email to katjim@att.net and I will send pics, info, and pricing.
katjim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #2021
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ive got a story to share about ocm my lhs ordered 2 of these and they were either missing parts or the parts that were included were made/molded wrong so it took 2 buggies to make one i dont think these are good im not sure if the company has got this problem figured out yet or not but hopfully they do because if so i want one
sickjamminracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #2022
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickjamminracer View Post
ive got a story to share about ocm my lhs ordered 2 of these and they were either missing parts or the parts that were included were made/molded wrong so it took 2 buggies to make one i dont think these are good im not sure if the company has got this problem figured out yet or not but hopfully they do because if so i want one
lol that makes no sense to me what so ever!

you've gone from trashing to adding it to your wish list in the blink of an eye!

i can vouch as an OCM owner who bought his NIB that this kit rocks... period!

great kit, great service and terrific product support!
RC King Hobbies - onlinerc.com.au - Pro-Spec Race Bearings
pantera nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #2023
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone sell any carbon fiber shock towers or radio trays for the evo or know where you could pick up 1/8" sheets of carbon fiber to cut and drill thru. I'm looking to lighten my buggy and truggy. Thanks.
OCMACE94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #2024
Tech Regular

Quote:
Anyone sell any carbon fiber shock towers or radio trays for the evo or know where you could pick up 1/8" sheets of carbon fiber to cut and drill thru. I'm looking to lighten my buggy and truggy. Thanks.
We are ordering few proto sets from local CF company. They are water cut and stuff so should be good quality. If they turn out as supposed we can get them for sale as well. PM if interested
Poinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #2025
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default OCM Carbon Fiber Upgrades

Quote:
Most "good" Hobby shops will stock Carbon Fiber Sheets in 8 1/2x11" and smaller. Be careful when lightening your rides, you will start to lose the flying abilities and they may have a tendency to really take off or really nose dive. Just remember you may have to add wieghts to gain the flying characteristics back, which really defeats the whole purpose.