R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #1996
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes parts are available, at least until current supplies run out.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #1997
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC

its a shame because i was so looking forward to moving on to a new buggy but since i tried gi gi (speedys) french set ups the car is driving so well i hope OCM comes out with some new stuff right now my car seems bullet proof and turns on a dime
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #1998
Tech Initiate

Has anybody formed an opinion on the Caster or SX8 big bore shocks being used on the OCM buggy/truggy? If you have experience with both, which worked better, or were both a direct fit?
pinbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #1999
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 , it is a shame..what happened
but OCM is still determed to find a solution

this buggy is one of the most beautiful, with the losi
the best thought off
the best tunable
the best upgraded
.. gears and outdrives, you got to slam them with a sledgehammer
to even get a scratch on them
so it deserves , at the least, a place amongst the other brands..

you can still get almost any part from Chris at Holeshot now
http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...=index&cPath=2

also at Carolinas, Rcprocenter and ebay

Last edited by speedy2; 09-15-2008 at 12:52 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:41 AM   #2000
Tech Addict

Ok, Lets set the record straight if we can.

Firstly OCM Racing have definately not given up on the US Market. An employee of OCM left the company and unfortunately for OCM, they had all there eggs in the one basket.

As an interim to keep support for you guys mr vnsmgt offered to help and has been of great assistance to both customers and OCM Intn'l.

OCM Int'l are however still in discussions with established distributors as the investment required to set up the US market again is quite large and when both parties are happy they will make an announcement.

This has taken a little longer than expected due to the bad press (Mainly from you guys) and the fact that OCM want a LONG TERM distributor.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:48 AM   #2001
Tech Addict

I've had the truggy about 6mos now, I race it most every weekend, I've found it to be durable, fast,well handling. Only thing I miss is that there aren't many of them out there, so help with setup is nonexistant. I've had to use other manufacturer parts to get it reliable, mainly diff issues, arms are iffy too, but if you boil and soak them in WD40, they are ok, hopefully.
I just put all OCM arms back on it this week, we have a club race this weekend, will see how they hold up. I did use caster arms, they fit but are a couple mm shorter, think it messed with the geometry of suspension.
Here's hoping OCM will get back into the USA market.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #2002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbuster View Post
Has anybody formed an opinion on the Caster or SX8 big bore shocks being used on the OCM buggy/truggy? If you have experience with both, which worked better, or were both a direct fit?
I know for a fact the SX8 shocks are a direct fit because a local guy just bought a new OCM Evo from me and installed them and running them. Here is a pic of it being put together with the SX8 shocks. I will see this evening for you if the Caster shocks fit good or not.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:45 AM   #2003
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooldoc View Post
I've had the truggy about 6mos now, I race it most every weekend, I've found it to be durable, fast,well handling. Only thing I miss is that there aren't many of them out there, so help with setup is nonexistant. I've had to use other manufacturer parts to get it reliable, mainly diff issues, arms are iffy too, but if you boil and soak them in WD40, they are ok, hopefully.
I just put all OCM arms back on it this week, we have a club race this weekend, will see how they hold up. I did use caster arms, they fit but are a couple mm shorter, think it messed with the geometry of suspension.
I do not think the mm or 2 shorter the Caster arms are will do anything. You can adjust the front width using the pivot balls and unscrew them one more thread. The rear I do not think will make a difference.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 AM   #2004
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTREB4 View Post
After reading through the pages of this thread I would wonder if one can even still get parts or has OCM pulled out of the American market.

Can you still get parts easily for these??
www.holeshothobbies.com. I have a TON more parts that are not listed for OCM so if you do not see something just PM me or call me and ask.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #2005
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default OCM USA Market

Quote:
I pressed OCM several times to capture the USA Market during the Alan Burton Saga, but ALL my emails went unanswered. I still continued to purchase numerous vehicles for Racers and saw success next to ALL the competition. Parts were never an issue because I purchased so many rollers for Drivers for spares. I just don't have the capital to keep doing that, especially with the truggies, which are much harder to find. I was limited to running the Buggies which I prefer anyway. Very Difficult to run both classes with so many Drivers. OCM definitely needs a Proactive person to put together a plan to gain the USA Base again!!! I think it's still worth a try...
Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #2006
Tech Addict

I've heard they only brought 12 truggies into the states, so that would make them very rare. Palm Harbour, that makes us neighbors, I'm in clearwater, lake park is running sunday, will be there. A buddy just got picked up by Caster, he's getting his buggy next week.
I think OCM will give it another shot here, soon as they find a distributor here.They had a lot of product here, and a distributor that wouldn't release it because of some issues. Put them in a bad spot with their suppliers I suppose.
RC8t and x2 are very tempting, big established names with a product that will be supported, hmmmmm....
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #2007
Tech Addict

Default Try the K8T from Caster

Quote:
I've heard they only brought 12 truggies into the states, so that would make them very rare. Palm Harbour, that makes us neighbors, I'm in clearwater, lake park is running sunday, will be there. A buddy just got picked up by Caster, he's getting his buggy next week.
I think OCM will give it another shot here, soon as they find a distributor here.They had a lot of product here, and a distributor that wouldn't release it because of some issues. Put them in a bad spot with their suppliers I suppose.
RC8t and x2 are very tempting, big established names with a product that will be supported, hmmmmm....
We've been to Lake park a few times. The RC8T and X2 are great Truggies, just not my style. I still prefer the Hyper ST PRO's and 8ight-T's. For the next season, we're going to try the K8T's from Caster. Good Luck to your buddy joining Caster. Wonder what it takes to qualify for a Distributorship for OCM???

I would like to throw a bone to David at Elite Performance. He'll definitely have the Jammin parts you need. Excellent Customer Service and Serious Price Matching!!! David has the right Business Mind to keep his Local Store alive. We've been there numerous times for 8ight parts and he has always come through. Thanks Again David!!!

Last edited by manynitros; 09-12-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Parts Support Addition
manynitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #2008
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Ok, Lets set the record straight if we can.

OCM Int'l are however still in discussions with established distributors as the investment required to set up the US market again is quite large and when both parties are happy they will make an announcement.

This has taken a little longer than expected due to the bad press (Mainly from you guys) and the fact that OCM want a LONG TERM distributor.
I would like to see a continuation to this story but, with the exception of your post, there is no indication that OCM is committed to a continued US presence. I am a recent convert to OCM and I went the same route as manynitros to fulfill my spares requirements. I now own 4 Kaos buggies with the hope that OCM will regain at least part of their former market insertion. I know from posts made during the time of the "great debacle" that some people from OCM read this forum. Something...ANYTHING... from them concerning where they are with respect to the US market would help immensely. It would also be a tremendous customer service gesture on their part.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #2009
Tech Addict

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstnboy View Post
I would like to see a continuation to this story but, with the exception of your post, there is no indication that OCM is committed to a continued US presence. I am a recent convert to OCM and I went the same route as manynitros to fulfill my spares requirements. I now own 4 Kaos buggies with the hope that OCM will regain at least part of their former market insertion. I know from posts made during the time of the "great debacle" that some people from OCM read this forum. Something...ANYTHING... from them concerning where they are with respect to the US market would help immensely. It would also be a tremendous customer service gesture on their part.
Well Said rstnboy
+1
Old 09-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #2010
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstnboy View Post
Well people keep saying they have not seen any indication of OCM wanting to be in the US and like I have said before, they sent me $4500 worth of "just parts" for the time being for OCM owners to keep them up and running and I DID NOT have to pay them a Penny! I do not know about you but that should mean something. They contact "me" almost every 2-3 weeks to keep me updated and let them know what has sold. I know stuff I cannot repeat but they are like I said before supposedly speaking with people interested in being a distributor.

"MANYNITROS" to be a distributor for them you pretty much have to cough up I think it was 20-30 grand to stock in parts for the US and have other requirements like a place to stock the stuff and experience in business among other things I suppose. I spoke to them about it and that is too much for me.

Also for you guys who have OCM's, if by chance something does happen for the worse, Most all Caster parts will fit the OCM. For example and I have tried these: front knuckles, pivot balls, upper arms, lower arms (front and rear), all 3 diffs and diff gears and cases, all turnbuckles and rod ends, rear uprights. Not sure about axles yet. So not need to worry, Caster his here LOL!