Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OCM KAOS DOMINATING >

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony montana
the losi eight is the best rtr. Maybe put go tech 5 ports in them, and some ace servos?
You read my mind!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'd say definitely something like a spektrum radio.

I'd also say rather than trying for max hp and stuffing a .28 in it, find the best possible (Reasonably priced) .21 that has potential just like the Mach 427. Very competitive and at a great price... Make it a ROAR legal type RTR...

One area I always find lacking are the shock towers on any RTR. They seem to bend very easy, maybe make those a bit beefier....

I think some of the better RTRs out there come from Team Losi and their 8ights and LSTs...
Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hello,

I just wanted to send a reminder that we will be attending the 2007 Futaba Nitro Challenge in Bossier City La. I will be out of the office this coming Tuesday and will be returning the following Monday night. No orders will be processed and/or shipped during this time. Please feel free to send me a email and I will get back to asap. Should you be attending the race and would like to talk or you happen to need a part please feel free to ask! I will return and get orders moving again on Tuesday. All orders will be processed on the Tuesday I return.

Thanks for your support!

Alan Burton
Team OCM USA
www.ocmamerica.com
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

USA DEALERS:

www.amainhobbies.com

www.bmainhobbies.com

www.jtecracing.com

www.machinesrchobbies.com

www.fasttraxhobbies.com

www.tbirdhobbies.com

www.rcproracing.com

C&R Hobbies - Bellevue, Ohio
[email protected]
419-512-2682

Amain has already ordered several trucks so contact them about your preorder today! I'm thinking these trucks will have a street price of approx $450!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

ok guys, wish us luck at the Futaba Nitro Challenge! I'll check in when I get back
Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Good Luck! Will be waiting for a full report on both the buggy and truggy!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am interested in picking up a 1/8 scale to do an electric conversion. Saw a good price on one of these and have a few questions:

1. How can I tell if I have the buggy with the issues that need the care package?

2. Can you still get the care package if you got a second hand buggy?

3. Is it possible to bolt a kyosho 46T spur to the center diff unit?

4. How has the durability been for the buggies

As for the question about RTR kits, I would say the following:

1. Put a .21 in it that doesn't suck. I like how the Turmoil ARR Pro has that really nice .21 in it. So now you are legal but have a good power plant.

2. Include quality servos. at a minimum use a Z590 for both throttle and steering. Don't use the cheap 270 style ones AT ALL.

3. Put a quality radio in there. Minimum FM computer radio.

4. Put good tires on the kit, crimefighters are pretty standard, get something like that on there.

5. Have a body that is pre-cut and doesn't use stickers to cover up where the paint went over the windows. Have the windows clear.

6. NO PULL STARTS! Roto at a minimum

7. Throw in a glow ignitor and fuel bottle (not fuel cap)

8. Make a really good instruction manual as well as first time users DVD and manual

9. Don't skimp where it counts. If you know a part needs to be durable in a location, don't skimp there.

10. Include a 6V rechargeable receiver pack and rotostart unit

11. For me personally, make a Kit RTR version. Put all the stuff in there, just don't assemble it. So I can make it RTR with all you supply, I just need to build it.

My favorite RTR so far has been the CEN Matrix. Durable, excellent electronics, and was pretty close to race spec.

Thanks beforehand!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

hey guys wanted to share my build with ya'll check it out ..it went awesome everything went together very nicely ....im breaking in the go tech 3 port tonight .....

http://forums.thetoyz.com/index.php?showtopic=273

i think that as long as the kit has the updated parts you should be good to go on durability ...and i agree with all you said about the rtr version ......alan can help you determine if its updated or not and im sure he will work with you on the care package .........give him a minute to get done at futaba and im sure he will be glad to help you out ....or just pm him .....later
Old 09-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

any fix on the bulk heads.my diff bearings move forward and back in the bulkheads.got my kit and care package (bulk heads out drives spur gear) the out drives were the black with ocm on them the spur gear seemed cheaper than the one in the kit I think he sent me old stock.Getting frustrated with OCM.Lance
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lance
any fix on the bulk heads.my diff bearings move forward and back in the bulkheads.got my kit and care package (bulk heads out drives spur gear) the out drives were the black with ocm on them the spur gear seemed cheaper than the one in the kit I think he sent me old stock.Getting frustrated with OCM.Lance

Lance i doubt he sent you old stock? But only Alan could answer that for ya ...I know Alan and a few other OCM drivers are at the futaba race in louisiana....You prolly need to private message him or email him on the issue ...I do know that whatever the concerns are ...Alan will take care of the problem ....Now on the bearings in the bulkheads..I didnt have any play in there besides the play betweem the ring and pinion ...which i just shimmed up ...Which is standard ops on buggy kits ..but maybe im noty understanding where the play is ? Is it like where the bearings fit into the bulk heads ....and there is some slop there .....which if it is and it doesnt bind your ring and pinion you could use a shim in there .....you just dont wan the ring and pinion bindinglmk if theres anything else i can do to help out ...and give alan through the weekend ...he is prolly limited on checking emails and stuff
Old 09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

its where the bulkheads hold the bearing its like egg shaped one out of the 4 worked fine. lance
Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lance
its where the bulkheads hold the bearing its like egg shaped one out of the 4 worked fine. lance

this is just me saying that it sounds like the cast of the material off ...in which case im sure alan would help you out if thats the way it cam ein the box.....just shoot him an email or private message ..and give him time to get back from the futaba race
Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Well, practice is over and the track is getting really blown out!lol..

David Joor and Josh Wheeler were the only buggies to get called for 30
second lap times. David is looking really good with the ocm and should
be a contender. Tony Newlands buggy is very good and is turning some good laps as
well. Ocm's really like the rough tracks.

Truggy is looking very strong and should be set. No
problems all weekend other than struggling for power to clear the
triple. With the track blowing out the triple should be out of the
picture. That has been the only section the truck has lost time. But
its still really close on lap times.

We got a lot of pics and I will get those up in just a minute...
Old 09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

AWESOME NEWS....good luck to all the ocm drivers who made the trip .....i plan on making this race next year ........ya'll be safe ....and rip it up down there
Old 09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Lance, Leave me a phone number to reach you. It would most lilkley be better to handle it that way. I sent you the correct outdrives. If you have a question please just ask and we will answer you. I do not have any of the old stock lefty. The spur gear is seems. Have you ran it yet? We are running them now and they are fine. Bulkheads do have a little play on the front bearing but we have ran many many gallons with no problems. We are working on getting that fixed up. For now you will be fine.

Lance just know we are here to help you and will support you with service you may need. Email me your # and I'll call you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.