R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #1861
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstnboy View Post
I do have the hard milled chassis as well so maybe that is the problem. As I said, it isn't so far back that it doesn't work, I would just prefer it was more centered. This is the first time it has been an issue.

The collets were if different thicknesses and there was some improvement just not as much as I would like. The thinnest one was actually too thin and the flywheel rubbed against the block.

I thought about drilling and tapping new holes but there wouldn't be enough material to support the threads due to being so close to the old holes.
yep i concur. It's not anything to be worried about although i am the same and would like it to be more centered.

But think of it this way, the engine has been moved towards the centre of the chassis allowing better weight distribution
cm27456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #1862
Tech Addict

If you can get hold of one, I'd try the one piece engine mount as these were specifically designed for Nova Engines to fit as that was what Didian was using back then. Trouble was nothing else fitted too good as Nova engine foot print is different.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:54 AM   #1863
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We had the first run of ocm 1 piece engine mounts and the only setup they worked with was using a losi clutch to move it far enough forward to hit the spur gear. That was on a max power which is a novarossi based engine. Although it worked we did break several clutch bells so I would think there was too much flex caused by the mounting position.

As for the truggy it is awesome once you work out some of the quirks. I have put the mugen diffs in and they are sweet. May end up putting the mugen bulkheads on for even more reliable performance. I have an extra set of diffs that I want to sell if someone is looking for them. They have been run 1 time in a buggy. This would be a complete set of mugen truggy diffs front and rear with pinions. Someone else may be interested in them and they get first dibbs but if they say no then they will be up for sale.

I might even sell the truggy, not sure yet to be honest. I have one complete one that I am racing and most of another one for lots of parts. Not sure like I said just throwing it out there.
katjim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #1864
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have a very nice Evo for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...76#post4626276

Colin
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #1865
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjim00 View Post
I have an extra set of diffs that I want to sell if someone is looking for them. They have been run 1 time in a buggy. This would be a complete set of mugen truggy diffs front and rear with pinions. Someone else may be interested in them and they get first dibbs but if they say no then they will be up for sale.

I might even sell the truggy, not sure yet to be honest. I have one complete one that I am racing and most of another one for lots of parts. Not sure like I said just throwing it out there.
Do the Mugen truggy diffs have the same beneficial effect in the Kaos buggy as they do in the MBX5/MBX5R? Logic would indicate they do but sometimes the logical answer isn't always the correct one.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #1866
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually I ran them in a mbx5r and they are crazy. Used a 44t spur gear and 16t bell. Think a 17t will calm it down a little but if you like silly acceleration then stick with the 16t. I know other people had ran the truggy ratios in the kaos and really liked them. I never did but from what I have seen in the 5r I think it would hold true in the evo.
katjim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #1867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alan driving his new ride..

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=yr4THEb7FhE
Old 07-22-2008, 02:12 AM   #1868
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

French team gathered for a local meeting

Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #1869
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Does anyone know where I can download the manual for the Kaos in PDF format?
KyLayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #1870
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (91%+)
Default pdf Kaos Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyLayfield View Post
Does anyone know where I can download the manual for the Kaos in PDF format?
This link should get you there, LMK if it doesn't...

http://www.j-fam.org/rcpics/OCM_MANU...ion_manual.pdf
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #1871
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yep, it works. Thanks!
KyLayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:48 AM   #1872
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC
Default jammin bbs on ocm

hey OCM guys has anyone run Jammin bbs on thier car if so i read you habe to limit up travel how do you do this Also were can you get the new diff bulk heads ive not had any real problems with the car but i noticed in my las race in th 30 min main after about 20 mins the back diff got really tight and i was told because the diff bulkheads got hot and thats wat happened i saw gi gi have some new diff bulk heads were cani buy these?
also what shock oils and springs did you run with the bbs?
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #1873
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC View Post
hey OCM guys has anyone run Jammin bbs on thier car if so i read you habe to limit up travel how do you do this Also were can you get the new diff bulk heads ive not had any real problems with the car but i noticed in my las race in th 30 min main after about 20 mins the back diff got really tight and i was told because the diff bulkheads got hot and thats wat happened i saw gi gi have some new diff bulk heads were cani buy these?
also what shock oils and springs did you run with the bbs?
You can get the bulkheads at www.holeshothobbies.com. You can also limit you up travel on the shocks by putting a piece of fuel tubing the shock shaft right above the shock shaft ball end. It will stop the shaft from going further up and bottom out on the shock body.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #1874
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC

thanks ill be ordering the bulkheads from you next week and some front arms this should solve my problem also can i just run ocm shafts in the jammin bbs and not need to limit up travel?
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #1875
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC View Post
thanks ill be ordering the bulkheads from you next week and some front arms this should solve my problem also can i just run ocm shafts in the jammin bbs and not need to limit up travel?
As long as the shaft diameter is the same size I do not see why not. I have Caster shock shafts in my KMW shocks on me ZX1-R and my KMW shocks came off of a X-ray buggy, the diameter was the same and I have had no problems.