R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-31-2008, 05:40 AM   #1621
Tech Apprentice

Well Bushyard we are in the same boat. I sold my MBX 5T also except I sold mine in 2007 when OCM originally anounced they were going to have the truggy.
Here goes another question. Though in hine sight I am glad I have a Mugen truggy instead of the OCM. My Mugen truggy has never broken or stripped gears.
If the Buggy can't make 30 minutes on its drive train why would the truggy which is more demanding on the drive train make it.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 AM   #1622
Tech Apprentice

Now Keller since you called me retarded I have to give one right back to you with your some other company wants you to drive for them. I doubt Losi is going to be beating down your door based on your race resume. Just because you are a fast internet racer does'nt count. Its when you show up on race day.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #1623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboracer View Post
Now Keller since you called me retarded I have to give one right back to you with your some other company wants you to drive for them. I doubt Losi is going to be beating down your door based on your race resume. Just because you are a fast internet racer does'nt count. Its when you show up on race day.

Ha,Ha...that's funny stuff.

I will start with your comments on the OCM driveline....

Bring your ride to a race I'm at and I will go heads up against it with my OCM driveline until one of the two breaks....guarantee it won't be mine first.

You may already have a driver in my area anyway...you could just send him if your too scared to show.

No, Losi isn't beating down my door...but I guarantee I have alot more to offer a company than you do...that's obvious.

Internet racer?? Come on dude...

And please...by all means....tell us all about my resume.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 AM   #1624
Tech Regular

Amazed by what i have read in this thread !!!!!!!

Certainly raises a few eyebrows thats for sure. I wont be going near anything ocm at all after reading this too many question marks over them and if they screw an employee like this they wont give two shits about their customers!!!

Alan i wish you all the best with the matter id hate to be in your position, i think my counter reactions would be somewhat illegal

turbo racer you do seem a bit of a bell end as well quite clearly you havent got a clue about whats going on if you are a ocm person which could be possible as you are defending ocm against a person thats been honest on the forum then it sums up the company full stop.

Im not affiliated with ocm nor do i know alan but i have no regard for companies that treat people like this we work hard for our money for some twit to take it from us
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #1625
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to oriongoh

Quote:
Stop making yourself look retard.I'm a very bad driver hehehehe but i think if you are here with me on the track i'll make sure you cannot even get to the B main.Not because you cannot drive but because you can't figure out anything.

Just can't stand the nonsense in this thread.
RB C6
DX3R
oriongoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #1626
Tech Elite

I do have a comment. IF what is being said is true here, now I understand why A main hobbies won't give me the time of day. What is most unfortunate is that Caster and other companies that are small and legitimate will always appear to be guilty by association from now until who knows when. Even in this thread, there has been confusion as to Caster being referenced to OCM and vice versa when they are completely separate companies. But that doesn't really matter as it will always be....new small company...looks promising..."remember that other company back in 2008....." "umm, no thanks"

Last edited by hakmazter; 05-31-2008 at 08:34 PM.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #1627
Tech Apprentice

Defending OCM, not here. Did you miss my post about there drive train falling apart. It is just that I was attacked by Keller and felt I had to defend myself and I stated the obvious after reading some posts by others.

Keller I have not had one drive line failure since I stopped running my OCM car.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #1628
Tech Elite

Continuing on....But, I agree that there are always 2 sides to every story and things on the internet are not always credible and we definitely do not know all the details. After reading this thread, it has brought a few things to my attention and has made me want to change one procedure that we have done and after 50+ pages, I thank you guys for letting me see what I now see as an industry error.

I do have a question that probably won't ever be answered, but do the people who have contacted me feel like we are taking advantage of them or is what I said in the original thread accurate? I feel absolutely that it is the exact opposite of us being vultures, etc.... However, if my theories are correct about why you guys are with OCM, we would be the next logical choice anyways.

I wish Alan Burton and OCM the best in the future and I sincerely mean it. There are enough customers out there for all of us and I personally am trying to grow the industry. I do not believe for a minute that there are a certain amount of r/c customers and companies are stealing customers from others. I guess that what I am trying to say is that a lot of people think that there is a big pie and Losi, Kyosho, OCM, etc...all have a piece of it and that is it. I think we can just get another pie and split it too.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #1629
Tech Apprentice

Let me ask AB and Keller one question and see if we get the truth. You guys have run other cars. Do you feel that the OCM cars that are owned by customers in the US are as reliable as say a mugen as you guys quoted on Sgrid.
Before you answer think back to how many guys have stopped running the car because of reliability issues or how guys that currently have the car have Mugen parts on there cars currently.
Answer honestly and I promise an internet apology.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 PM   #1630
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Last edited by Adim_X; 05-31-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: offensive
Adim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 PM   #1631
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Thats what was posted. Keller I thought you were the money behind OCM USA. Did you authorize this.
Quote:
I am confused again, If you do not have any involvement with the company then how do you get to talk to the factory about company issues. I am sure if I call Losi they would of not told me Gil Losi was planning on leaving unless I was a major stake holder in there company.
Quote:
Come on guys get real. Your money is gone. I would take it up with the person you sent your money too. Seems really convenient to pass the blame to someone in another country in which US laws mean nothing. Did you send your money to Taiwan or the US? I would get my money back from the person I sent my money too. Please don't get mad at me for stating the obvious.
Quote:
Shane here is my contact information.
Am I still retarded.
(205) 629-6634 520 Hidden Ridge Dr, Odenville, AL 35120
Quote:
This gets better and better as times go on. Looks like all the rumors I have been hearing are true.

Shane or Mike new question, is the OCM car manufactured by caster.
Quote:
I have brand new OCM buggies with tote bags for $150, crime fighter
look alike tires(great compound) $19 per set, wheel organizers(holds 1
complete set) pr. $7, Redline pipes $15, all parts half price of cost
(email me for list, tote bags $15, wheels, $10 per 6 pack(includes one
wheel holder), fuel bottles $5, bodies $10(fit mugen) Awesome HD wings
$7

If you are just and employee how can you sale product you don't own. If you are just an employee does OCM not own the product. You are selling product that you do not own. Good luck when the cops show up to your casa. If you work for a store and are unhappy with your paycheck you cant just go in and take what you want. Just my 2 cents that no one asked for.

I just think this is all entertaining. I say both parties are equally at fault.

PS Keller I believe the term is Larceny after trust.
Quote:
vnmsgt says he has parts so why are you guys spazzing.
How many people left the Losi car when Losi Jr. was fired. Sounds like there will still be support for the car. Not to take sides but the only thing that I have heard on AB's side is that they owe him 2 grand. So therefore he decided to out the company to the world and sale whatever product he had that he admits he did not own for very low prices.
Quote:
C Branch there are two sides to every story. Just like this one I guess.

So Pinbuster, that's what I mean things just don't add up. He claims to be just an employee but OCM USA is run from his home address. He is just an employee but he makes the decisions on what is done with the companies products after he was terminated or quit. Back to the original question if you worked for Best Buy and you quit and lets go with they owed a couple of customers computers you would be right to go take the computers from Best Buy and give them back out of how you see fit.
I know pinbuster is in real tight with the OCM USA guys so I am sure his info is good.
Quote:

You think I attacked you?

Just go back and read guys...if anyone tht has been watching this thread thinks I was wrong in defending my friend in a public forum....and that I was wrong to say what I did to Turbo...please tell me. I don't think I'm wrong in this..but I could be.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #1632
Tech Master

Quote:
Let me ask AB and Keller one question and see if we get the truth. You guys have run other cars. Do you feel that the OCM cars that are owned by customers in the US are as reliable as say a mugen as you guys quoted on Sgrid.
Before you answer think back to how many guys have stopped running the car because of reliability issues or how guys that currently have the car have Mugen parts on there cars currently.
Answer honestly and I promise an internet apology.
I can honestly say that MY car has ALL OCM parts on the entire chassis. This includes shocks, diffs, all internal parts of diffs including o-rings, all plastic and all aluminum. I would put MY car against any other vehicle on the market today as far as reliability is concerned.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #1633
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Man this thread is insane!
Alan, I don't know ya, but I am feeling for ya man!
Hope things work out in the end for you and your family....
Too bad OCM wanted to be shady.... They could have made a tun of money here in the US...
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #1634
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hey,

Im gonna put something forward here, did anyone stop for a SPLIT second and realise that only one person has told their story but you all instantly bandwagon and believe him?

There could and WILL be so much more to it that he isnt meant to talk about on here.

Cheers,
Cameron.
LogiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #1635
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiK View Post
Hey,

Im gonna put something forward here, did anyone stop for a SPLIT second and realise that only one person has told their story but you all instantly bandwagon and believe him?

There could and WILL be so much more to it that he isnt meant to talk about on here.

Cheers,
Cameron.
Good Point