R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #1606
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What has happened has happened. People cannot drop it? If more people stopped complaining about what happened and stop getting in Alan biznazz and bashing a car they absolutely loved until just the other day and actually tried to see what they can do about keeping OCM here in the US and trying to contact them so they know that they are wanted IF they are thinking about pulling out. Then maybe none of us will have to sell what we got for nothing and have to go through the hassle of getting something else and maybe OCM will realize maybe they did do something wrong and made a bad choice IF THEY DID. Everyone is so quick to patronize and bash instead to trying to get the good out of something regardless of who was in the wrong.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #1607
Tech Master
 
skeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Odenville, Alabama
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
What has happened has happened. People cannot drop it? If more people stopped complaining about what happened and stop getting in Alan biznazz and bashing a car they absolutely loved until just the other day and actually tried to see what they can do about keeping OCM here in the US and trying to contact them so they know that they are wanted IF they are thinking about pulling out. Then maybe none of us will have to sell what we got for nothing and have to go through the hassle of getting something else and maybe OCM will realize maybe they did do something wrong and made a bad choice IF THEY DID. Everyone is so quick to patronize and bash instead to trying to get the good out of something regardless of who was in the wrong.
I agree with this....however, I believe that if OCM cared about their future in the USA the owner or some authorized rep. would be on these forums assuring customers and team drivers that everything will be ok.


I still love the buggy....plan on racing it until someone else wants me to drive for them. Not because I've got to much invested in product..but because it really is a good buggy.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #1608
Tech Elite
 
Jeff Werner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,254
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner
Default

I have a brand new truggy that I waited for and then planned to race this summer. Not a deep pocket racer and this has really brought my racing to a halt. I had really big plans for the OCM truggy this summer and now??? I am one that has prepaid for things and know that Alan has worked hard on my behalf.

AB shoot me any new info you have.

vn you have pm.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #1609
Tech Addict
 
DRKWNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: St. Louis, Mo
Posts: 558
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I'm a commercial insurance underwriter for a living and know if a company brings in products that are made in a foreign country and sells them that company can be sued as the manufacturer of the product. If someone was mad that they didn't get there prepaid stuff AB would be on the hook if they got an attorney. I'm not saying that OCM would do this but I see AB's side.

What a mess.
DRKWNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #1610
Tech Apprentice
 
puba187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 56
Default

man what a mess. i have absolutely nothing to do with ocm but it is a bad thing to see this sort of thing happen to our hobby. there is a bigger picture here and some will be able to see and some will not. burton i know we aren't tight, but if you need anything shane has my number. best of luck.



p.s. maybe we can get you in a good car now!....
puba187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #1611
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Sorry about the problems that you had with OCM i hope all works out good for you and your family.

Sincerely
Dennis Powers
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #1612
Tech Adept
 
C.Poh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Placentia
Posts: 154
Default

so where was this car even sold in the usa i run at all the tracks in the socal region and i have never seen a ocm buggy except sharwins at nitro challenge at that was in arizona and hes a full factory driver ???

Last edited by C.Poh; 05-30-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: cuz i can
C.Poh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #1613
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Planet Earth, 3rd Planet from the Sun
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Drop it? You can't be serious? They owe me product or a refund. I'm not "dropping it" till there is some resolution for me on this issue.

And its not just about getting what they owe me. They also cost me. I was banking on the truggy being here in Jan of 08 as I was told it would be. So, I sold off my MBX5T.

Months later NOTHING. NitoPit race is fast approaching, again a promise that the truggy would be here in time. But I hedge my bet and buy yet another MBX5T just in case, and sure enough, Nitropit race comes and goes and I've got nothing. Weeks later, I'm told the truggies are here and its just a matter of days getting them to retailers then the team drivers. So, I sell my 2nd MBX5T....

Well, well, here we are end of May and NOTHING.

Am I the only one owed something? Doubt it....

And if you are that confident in them following through, then honor their agreement or refund me whats owed to me and I'll send you the truggy that I paid for when I get it in exchange....

Yeah, I figured....doubt it...

So, I'm not dropping it till I get some form of resolution out of this...




Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
What has happened has happened. People cannot drop it? If more people stopped complaining about what happened and stop getting in Alan biznazz and bashing a car they absolutely loved until just the other day and actually tried to see what they can do about keeping OCM here in the US and trying to contact them so they know that they are wanted IF they are thinking about pulling out. Then maybe none of us will have to sell what we got for nothing and have to go through the hassle of getting something else and maybe OCM will realize maybe they did do something wrong and made a bad choice IF THEY DID. Everyone is so quick to patronize and bash instead to trying to get the good out of something regardless of who was in the wrong.
__________________
JQ Products "Le Car" - 3 of them. Primary, back-up, and spares car
Bunch of "classic" Schumachers
Tamiya - Leopard 2A6, Tiger 1
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #1614
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I agree with you bushyar15, they do owe you, Alan should send you one of the kits he has, or refund your money. I see on other forums that someone is selling ocm products dirt cheap, hopefully to raise money to pay prepurchasers back.
__________________
Dirt's for racing,asphalt's for getting there!
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #1615
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushyar15 View Post
Drop it? You can't be serious? They owe me product or a refund. I'm not "dropping it" till there is some resolution for me on this issue.

And its not just about getting what they owe me. They also cost me. I was banking on the truggy being here in Jan of 08 as I was told it would be. So, I sold off my MBX5T.

Months later NOTHING. NitoPit race is fast approaching, again a promise that the truggy would be here in time. But I hedge my bet and buy yet another MBX5T just in case, and sure enough, Nitropit race comes and goes and I've got nothing. Weeks later, I'm told the truggies are here and its just a matter of days getting them to retailers then the team drivers. So, I sell my 2nd MBX5T....

Well, well, here we are end of May and NOTHING.

Am I the only one owed something? Doubt it....

And if you are that confident in them following through, then honor their agreement or refund me whats owed to me and I'll send you the truggy that I paid for when I get it in exchange....

Yeah, I figured....doubt it...

So, I'm not dropping it till I get some form of resolution out of this...
Well obviously OCM is not reading responding in these threads so it is like talking to a empty room IMO. They have a email, so take it up with them. I have not problem getting through to them and I am nobody so you should be able to do the same.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #1616
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

i am a witness to bushy selling of MBX5T's because i bought one of them. Honestly, i have to side with alan on this, and i have nothing vested in this. This does give a bad name to smaller start ups, but they werent the first. Ask Ashton that.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #1617
Tech Elite
 
xlgraphicspro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 2,052
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'm another one of those (Non OCM owners), and I have to say I'm stunned by the buisness practices of OCM. Who would honestly want to distribut this stuff if this i how they treat the distributors here in america?

I feel for you Alan, I'd have a fire sale just to pay off everyone who is owed something, including yourself.

I'm glad I don't own one, because I'd be worried about bad buisness getting in the way of parts support, or even further development for a future car, ex truggy!!!!!
__________________
TeamXray RCAmerica Hudy Xlgraphicspro Paint/ Impulse-Rc Clutch shoes.
Xray XB 808 O.S. Speed Or Ninja JX
xlgraphicspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #1618
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

art, bud trust me when I say I can feel your pain. But also believe that I am working up my list and you will be refunded without a doubt

You have my email...

AB
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #1619
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 105
Unhappy

Can see Alans point. truggy first announced minor things to be worked out in sept.Owner didain moving to LA where he owns ware houses.Things willbe shipped from there.Page 16 I beleive. Read all posts on thread and you can see why Alan has had enough.Nothing ever seems to marerialize.
lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 AM   #1620
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Planet Earth, 3rd Planet from the Sun
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Alan, In all this I've never doubted you or believed that any of this was your fault. I believe you were only relaying what OCM ltd was telling you.

So, anything in my tirade is not aimed at you but OCM ltd...

BTW, got your email and replied per your request...


Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
art, bud trust me when I say I can feel your pain. But also believe that I am working up my list and you will be refunded without a doubt

You have my email...

AB
__________________
JQ Products "Le Car" - 3 of them. Primary, back-up, and spares car
Bunch of "classic" Schumachers
Tamiya - Leopard 2A6, Tiger 1
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO vino1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-16-2008 08:46 AM
OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO vino1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-11-2008 02:38 PM
~~~~~~~/~~/~ OCM Kaos EVO ~/~~/~~~~~~~ Brandon Powell R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-27-2008 07:08 AM
OCM KAOS!!! nik77356 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2007 04:30 PM
so whatever happened to the IP cells dominating the electric market hype? UCHEATULOSE Electric On-Road 34 05-06-2006 02:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net