Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

alan wants to run a mugen and it just so happens that i have a nice 5r forsale

nice plug to sell my buggy
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #1578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well OCM guys I have some news from OCM. I just spoke online to OCM Europe for 3 hours and I can say without a doubt that OCM plans to stay in USA! They are currently talking with 3 people to become USA distributors. I have found out that the truggy a-arms have been made correctly and passed quality tests as of today. All the truggy A-arms they currently had in stock had issues and did not pass quality tests so they could not send them out. The Diffs are still being worked on and not out yet. Also found out that A-main is not carrying OCM anymore because A-main did not comply with there MAP pricing so OCM stopped selling to them and are just clearing there inventory. I have been setup right now to get parts from OCM directly until a distributor can be signed up. I have a couple things to get straigtened out with my bank and purchasing from them but should be done by next week. OCM was very helpful and said they have no intention of leaving us here with OCM products hanging. OCM also noted to me that they will not and do not take pre-orders for anything. If it is not available for sale they will not pre-sell it. The more I find out the more everyone here will know. I just became a OCM dealer about a month ago and am not going to be screwed and do not want anybody running OCM to get screwed into having product that nobody can get parts for and is the reason I went ahead and took the steps to do this and contact OCM. I hope everyone understands.This was by no means directed toward AB. He is a great guy and was very helpful to me. I just have alot of OCM products and would like to keep selling it too and you guys keep getting parts.

Last edited by vnmsgt; 05-29-2008 at 10:10 PM.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #1579
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Did they say what will happen to the USA race team?
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #1580
Tech Master

Not right now. I suppose when they have an official distributor then he can get the race team the parts they need at the prices you guys normally get which is pretty cheap I know. I do not have the pricing or availability to do that now. Only catch I got is if I just order a couple parts shipping will be very high but if I order some kits shipping is cheap and parts are thrown in the same box. I will try and help you out any way I can if possible.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #1581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cheesecake

honestly the ocm is a great buggy but after seing the way they conduct there business i will not be buying another one of there products there is no reason team members should be worrying whats going to happent to them. ocm neeeds to quit hiding behind random spys and morons they send in and they need to speak up for themselves and show action. i have a feal ocm is going to fail badly in the us because of there issues.
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #1582
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
honestly the ocm is a great buggy but after seing the way they conduct there business i will not be buying another one of there products there is no reason team members should be worrying whats going to happent to them. ocm neeeds to quit hiding behind random spys and morons they send in and they need to speak up for themselves and show action. i have a feal ocm is going to fail badly in the us because of there issues.
I'm not against OCM or anything, but being an ex-owner of their buggy, sure the factory teams are carrying out extensive tests on their products to ensure customer's satisfaction and all, but why are the 'tested' products available to the public? The DT-19 has been revised 3 times. Anyway when I had one all I can say is that i was driving a beta buggy, which had bugs in it, from the soft bulkheads all the way to the short diff outdrives

Hopefully OCM wins a few highly recognized tournaments/championships and put itself back on track. I guess the selling point was the fairly low price for a very well equipped buggy
razor_clawzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #1583
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

And the mugen is in its 5th (MBX5R) revision is it not? What about the kyosho? RC8 2nd..

Also whoever said caster is a main brand, you obviously know your shit
LogiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 AM   #1584
Tech Master

Quote:
Well from the conversation I had with OCM they were very professional and did not badmouth Alan or anything. They said they pretty much disagreed on how to handle certain issues. They agree they should not have said certain things were coming out so soon when they were still testing and making things and will not do anymore. Like I mentioned earlier there will not be an pre-ordering, prepaying or anything unless a product is done from here on out (as said by OCM not me) and then there will be no more false promises or people waiting on product that is not ready yet.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #1585
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_clawzz View Post
I'm not against OCM or anything, but being an ex-owner of their buggy, sure the factory teams are carrying out extensive tests on their products to ensure customer's satisfaction and all, but why are the 'tested' products available to the public? The DT-19 has been revised 3 times. Anyway when I had one all I can say is that i was driving a beta buggy, which had bugs in it, from the soft bulkheads all the way to the short diff outdrives

Hopefully OCM wins a few highly recognized tournaments/championships and put itself back on track. I guess the selling point was the fairly low price for a very well equipped buggy
Everyone has revisions on there stuff just like Logik said. Also the MAP price of the Evo buggy has always was supposed to haven been $449 and not what they were selling for here which was another problem that OCM said is reason why amain will not sell them anymore.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 AM   #1586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm27456 View Post
Guys this isn't the end of OCM, its just the end of Alan.

trust me only good things are to come.
Quote:

++++++1,000,000,000
my race season is now dimenished by a ton ....oh well theres always next season ....I will hang my ocm kits on the wall as a reminder to not take chances with the un known stick with mainstream and race your race

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:49 AM   #1587
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

After everything thats gone on, I'm suspicious.

Sounds like the same thing we've heard for some time now....Same song and dance...

Also, thats OCM Europe. Not OCM "corporate". OCM seems to be doing well in Europe based on the stories I see posted on Neobuggy.net.

I'd like to see OCM corporate put out an official stating as such...

I say, wait and see...
HPI - Blitz
bushyar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #1588
Tech Apprentice

I have to ask this question. Are you saying that your Caster truggy is better in your opinion than a Kyosho ST RR truggy. Can you please let me know what makes the caster better. I might be in the market to buy one.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #1589
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboracer View Post
I have to ask this question. Are you saying that your Caster truggy is better in your opinion than a Kyosho ST RR truggy. Can you please let me know what makes the caster better. I might be in the market to buy one.
You got a PM. I do not want to hijack a OCM thread LOL!
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #1590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

IMO the statements from OCM count for SH!T. If they are serious about supporting us then why are they not saying "We will not leave US high and dry. We will support you. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at........."

Until they actually give us a contact to go to, it is all empty promises to me. I really wanted to see this thing go off well but am VERY tainted now. I have 2 like new buggies and tons of parts for sale if anyone is interested.
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote